Be aware of this places rude and overly authoritative staff. Checked in late Tuesday night with two friends. Gentleman at the front desk looked as if he hated his job and didn't make any eye contact our entire interaction. Room was clean, as is expected in a hotel, and it was nice to have a mini bar. Upon returning from a night of heavy drinking at 4am, we turned on the stereo and began to unwind. Apparantly the music was too loud, because we received a knock on our door from the rent a cop they keep on staff, and simultaneously the front desk also called to scold us about the music. The rude gentleman at the front desk literally said "turn off the music or we are going to kick you off the property.". First off, who says that to a paying guest? Secondly, it wasn't as if he had to call multiple times, it was the first and only time he called. I of course complied and we went to bed shortly thereafter. There are so many other great hotels in this chain that I've stayed at (Catalina being the best). Its a shame this poorly run joint is bringing down their entire brand. Will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Chelsea in Miami Beach is a 1936 luxury Art Deco gem that sits in the center of it all on Washington Avenue. Enjoy the South Beach Miami scenery from our patio while you have drinks from the bar, or a bite to eat from our restaurant. If you want to bathe in the Miami sun, we are just 2 blocks from Ocean Drive and the sands of the beach. For all your nightlife needs, the Chelsea is a short walk up or down the street from most South Beach nightclubs. This South Beach boutique hotel has been updated with Feng Shui accents for your comfort and pleasure. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Hotel Miami Beach
- Hotel Chelsea Miami Beach, Florida
- Chelsea Miami Beach