Hotel Chelsea
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
US$357
US$249
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$441
US$425
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$461
US$489
US$272
US$199
1,282 results
All reviewshappy hoursouth beachfree drinksfree shuttletwo blocksrooms are smallocean drivelocation is greatlobby barspring breakbartendermiamiclubsstereomirrornightlifeuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The pros: Great location. Central to everything you want to do in South Beach. Clean. Cute decorations. They have a guest only free happy hour everyday which is lovely to sit outside or in the sweet lobby.

The cons: Boutique equals small. Small lobby. Small room. Small bathroom. Small. We were coming off a cruise ship and w wanted to check our bags, they were... in the middle of the floor with other guests checking in or out. The check in process later that evening was small minded as they still make a physical imprint of your credit card. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. An upgrade of their POS system will make this rating so much higher. For the rate and location I'm very pleased but am unsettled by their pay procedures.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Felecia L
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Hello there Felecia L,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to share your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are in a great location just blocks from all the action that takes place here. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are smaller then your average hotel rooms. I am sorry that you do not agree with our payment procedures. We take an imprint of the card and a copy of the guests ID for our security. We have had guests place charge backs saying that never stayed with us. This is how we prove that they have stayed with us.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We traveled to Miami for the ING Marathon and booked our room in December. First off, the Sales department that we had to book through was horrible at answering the phone and returning phone calls. The reservation department said they could not take our reservation since it was through the group rate. Fine, I understand that, but the process to make a reservation was very frustrating.
After 3 attempts at reaching the sales department we finally made our reservation. Arriving 1/31 and departing on 2/4. She gave me a confirmation number and even charged my credit card on that date one night's deposit. When we checked in on 1/31, they said they could not find my confirmation number and did not have a hotel room for us as the hotel was sold out. How was my credit card charged $224.87 for a room, but then we were not guaranteed a room? The front desk agent said he couldn't look up a reservation by confirmation number, only by last name. What is the purpose of giving out confirmation numbers then?

The gentleman at the front desk was polite due to the situation and called around for other hotels for us, but that's it, did not help us call another cab or secure another hotel room. We finally left and found our own hotel, the Hotel Riviera (which we later found out is a sister property of the Hotel Chelsea.) We received great customer service here, loved our room, and the staff was amazing. However, I'm still waititng for a refund on the room at the Hotel Chelsea that we never stayed in. I warn whomever makes a reservation at this hotel to make sure you receive multiple confirmations and call back periodically to check your reservation. The last thing you want to find out after a long day of traveling is that you don't have a room even though it's already been paid for.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brittani V
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Good Afternoon Brittani V,

We value all of our guests feedback and we would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We apologize greatly that it was troublesome to get to speak with our Sales Department!!! In our system I see that your reservation was made on 01/31 at 9:26PM- the day that you were due to check in. There was no payment on file therefore you were placed on our waiting list. Unfortunately we had an issue in our system and we were overbooked. When you came to check in there were no rooms available so we upgraded you to our 4 star property Riviera Suites. We have gone ahead and refunded you for the reservation at Chelsea. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to be released back onto your card.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Weekend stay. Great location (within walking distance of great shopping, dinning, the beach). The hotel itself was nice (decor, bedding, nice space for a boutique hotel). The staff could use some training. I was at the bar waiting to be served and when I asked where was the bar tender, he stated he wasn't sure and that the bar was not affiliated with the hotel. He then came over and located the beer I requested and I had to come back to the bar to pay once th bartender was back. There was an 18% gratuity added to a one beer tab which there were no notifications on this, but she was really rude when I challenged this though I would have given her more had she responded a bit more professionally. Her music choice was horrible and I was told that the music had to be "lounge" type music. Well, the following night, the music was on point and not what I would consider "lounge" music but was more of my preference. I complimented the bar tender and his response was EVERYONE says what I had said about the bar tender from the previous day. Anywho, the hotel staff overcharged my resort fee and it took them all weekend to finally correct after several charges of 33.90 (2 resort fees with taxes) and many credits trying to offset the many charges in an effort to correct. SO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR STATEMENT!!! The waitress didn't speak English so we had to sign what we were ordering to her. Overall, great location.

Room Tip: If you're wanting to rest, request high floor on the back side of building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Misty S
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hello Misty H,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are in the heart of South Beach, just blocks away from all the action that you will want to be apart of while here! We strive on providing excellent service, so it pains us to read that is not what you received. I will definitely make sure to inform the General Manager about this, so that it doesn't happen again! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Even though location is great, and the price reasonable for this area, in retrospect I would pay more money to be treated better and have a better room. I paid 250 a night to get treated like a second class citizen? No thanks. The room was quiet but when the front desk staff either opened my locked door or gave my room key to someone else - I was truly blown away. There's no peephole on the doors, there's no inner locking mechanism like a crossing deadbolts or chains. Scary in a place like Miami where the Russian mafia are in full force . Also the shower is the bathroom. So everything is wet after you take a shower. A window up high that can't be opened is the "ventilation" because there's no fan. Weird.

No way would I recommend

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank NewEnglandLadyAwesom
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Hello there NewEnglandLadyAwesom,

Thank you for taking your time to share your honest feedback with us! We are extremely sorry to read that your stay was not a 5 star one! We are indeed in a lovely location just blocks away from all the action. We apologize greatly for the mistake that our front desk staff made. We would love for you to give us another chance in the future, to prove to you that you can have an amazing time with us! Please let me know when you will be in Miami again!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Nice boutique hotel, bar in the lobby, nice patio in the front for eating, drinking or smoking shisha.
Rooms are simple but beds are really very comfortale. Very good shower. Bath robes. Mini frigobar in room. Safety box. Excellent location.
I stayed here many times since 2005. My most recent stay was in general good, except for the noise. They were renewing some rooms so trying to sleep after 9 was very difficult. Also I would recommend a room far from the lobby bar. Extremely crowded and noisy from 6 pm to 3 am. Besides that, everything fine.

Room Tip: If in first floor, please choose very far from lobby. Like 108 and over.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Good Evening Estela_Edelle,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are glad that you had a nice time with us! We are in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the action. If we were aware that you were disturbed by the noise from the lobby, we would have moved you to another room towards the back of the hotel on a higher floor.