Hotel Chelsea
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
US$357
US$249
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$461
US$426
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$441
Hotels.com
US$272
US$199
1,282 results
All reviewshappy hoursouth beachfree drinksfree shuttletwo blocksrooms are smallocean drivelocation is greatlobby barspring breakbartendermiamiclubsstereomirrornightlifeuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Where do I begin?! We were told by the receptionist that it was a "pet friendly" hotel but it's just a way for them to get more money from you by making you pay $25 per night per dog! There was no place to walk our dogs anywhere near the hotel. Our dogs made no mess inside of the hotel anywhere. HOWEVER, after I checked out and was already home from vacation I was overlooking my bank statement and there were 3 different charges from the Chelsea Hotel. I knew the one charge was for our stay (which is overpriced anyways for the tiny, dirty room and bad, non - English speaking service you get there) so I called the hotel to ask about the other charges. I was told that my dogs had peed on the bed. My dogs are very well behaved and trained, but just to be safe I made sure that my dogs had left no mess before I checked out of the hotel. I knew that what I was told was not true. After telling them that there was no mess on the bed when I left the response I got was "you can not prove that there was not a mess". They basically made up a scenario so that they could charge my card $500!
On another hand, we were there for 3 nights and our room was only cleaned once! The one time it dis get cleaned the cleaners walked straight into the room while I was still asleep? (and I even had the do not disturb sign on the door) Sand covered the floors everywhere you walked and there wasn't one employee that spoke fluent English. The front desk receptionist was very rude when it came to checking in. I highly recommend you stay at different hotel unless you want an extremely overpriced piece of crap hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ayoho23
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Good Afternoon ayoho23,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us, and all of our future guests! We are a pet friendly hotel, as we allow dogs here. We only charge our guests for such incidents if they happened. If our housekeepers found pee on the bed, we have to charge the guest as we cannot use those sheets anymore. We apologize that our housekeepers walked into your room without permission. I am sure that they knocked and since you were sleeping they got no response and assumed that you were not there. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to our General Manager. We are truly sorry that your stay with us was less then enjoyable.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Hotel is not so bad. The rooms are normal, the bed and the bathroom are good. The room looks so so dark (dark brown the floor, the painting of the wall) and the lights are feeble.
My girlfriend and me were so surprised about the bad way of the staff: i asked to the receptionist a glass of hot water for a tea because my girlfriend was a little sick. After 5 minutes (at midnight) that i was waiting for it, the 2 receptionist told me: "you can go in the kitchen downstairs..there you can find a microwave". So i went there, but i was alone..alone with my microwave, without glass and water. I came back to the receptionist asking for a the water and the glass. The answer was: " wait or you can use the glass from your room". So, i took the glass in my room and i made myself the hot water in the dirty kitchen. I brought the hot glass without a tray. Nobody helps me. After that, i came back again to the reception asking for a spoon...and the receptionist took it from the drawer in the reception and the man told me that i could clean it with the towel in my room..No words! Ah, he asked me to return the spoon (at 1 AM) to him.

The position is good. A bit noise in the room from the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank filippo036
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We arrived close to midnight and the gentleman who checked us in was quite nice - he was the last personable staff we encountered in our stay. While they hotel offers a free happy hour the bartenders are quite frankly the least friendly people on the planet. Totally engaged in their own world and not at all with concern with the guests - and this was the attitude we found from the staff in general. Our room was 'fine' - I think on a cleanliness scale it was under par. Luckily we were put in a room towards the back of the hotel so we were not subject to the noise from the bar, but the walls in the hotel are paper thin. We could hear everything that happened in the hallway with crystal clarity, and the people above us sounded like they were running a horse race in their room. There are some nice style elements to the hotel, but it is clear they threw it together on a budget and the execution is just not there. GREAT location - just so disappointing that they don't know how to use it. Lots of other hotels in the area, most don't advertise on hotel websites. Next time I would just go down and check out a few hotels before booking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hello there td_ed,

Thank you so much for the time you took to share your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests! I am terribly sorry to read that our bartenders did not provide you with outstanding customer service! I will make sure that the bar manager is aware of this, so that they can speak with the staff. I am delighted to read that you were content with the location of our property! We are in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the hot spots here.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Personable staff, great location. Overall good experience. I will look here first if/when returning. For the area this is a Great value. Staff was very nice and helpful from when I checked in at 3 AM 'til I was forced to get back to the real world.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hello there TampaTimmay,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are glad to know that you had such a fun time here at Hotel Chelsea!! Our staff is always hard at work to make sure that each of our guests are having a great time with us! We hope that you will make us your go-to hotel when visiting Miami in the future!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The pros: Great location. Central to everything you want to do in South Beach. Clean. Cute decorations. They have a guest only free happy hour everyday which is lovely to sit outside or in the sweet lobby.

The cons: Boutique equals small. Small lobby. Small room. Small bathroom. Small. We were coming off a cruise ship and w wanted to check our bags, they were... in the middle of the floor with other guests checking in or out. The check in process later that evening was small minded as they still make a physical imprint of your credit card. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. An upgrade of their POS system will make this rating so much higher. For the rate and location I'm very pleased but am unsettled by their pay procedures.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Felecia L
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Hello there Felecia L,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to share your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are in a great location just blocks from all the action that takes place here. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are smaller then your average hotel rooms. I am sorry that you do not agree with our payment procedures. We take an imprint of the card and a copy of the guests ID for our security. We have had guests place charge backs saying that never stayed with us. This is how we prove that they have stayed with us.