We stayed at the Chelsea for one night (a Monday). We chose it because of the low price (especially compared to other days of the week when it was over $200 a room per night). Check-in took a little while, and they actually imprinted our credit card, which seemed a little out-of-date. There is a $17 per night "resort fee" that is charged, so be ready for that. There is also no parking except valet ($39 per night) so we ended up unloading our bags and parking two blocks away in a public garage that was about $20 for the night. The rooms of the hotel are small and the bathroom was tiny, but well-appointed. You can tell that they've updated the rooms (loved the bamboo flooring) but the bones of the hotel are quite old. It is a boutique hotel, so you should expect the smaller than usual spaces, but it takes some getting used to. The hotel is in a great spot...we walked over to Ocean Drive with no problems and were able to see much of the area on foot, due to the location of the hotel. I'd stay again if I was in town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Chelsea in Miami Beach is a 1936 luxury Art Deco gem that sits in the center of it all on Washington Avenue. Enjoy the South Beach Miami scenery from our patio while you have drinks from the bar, or a bite to eat from our restaurant. If you want to bathe in the Miami sun, we are just 2 blocks from Ocean Drive and the sands of the beach. For all your nightlife needs, the Chelsea is a short walk up or down the street from most South Beach nightclubs. This South Beach boutique hotel has been updated with Feng Shui accents for your comfort and pleasure. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Hotel Miami Beach
- Hotel Chelsea Miami Beach, Florida
- Chelsea Miami Beach