I booked one room for 2/5 and two rooms for 2/6 at Hotel Chelsea, for my bachelorette party with my girl friends. Because of the snowstorm and last min flight cancellations, 2 of my friends could not make it. I called the hotel 2 days prior to our arrival to ask if I could possibly cancel one room and be refunded and they said no, according to hotel policies. I thus told them that in that case, I will NOT cancel the room if I will not be refunded. This was confirmed upon checking in on 2/5, that we would have 2 rooms on 2/6. The next day, they informed us that our second hotel room was canceled, even though I told them NOT to cancel the room, and we will not be getting the refund. When I talked to the same clerk that I spoke with about not canceling the room, she stated that the manager had canceled the room, however, she could no longer be contacted since it was after hours. The hotel group, after much protesting, offered a room in a different hotel across town, when we did not have cars to get around town! They continued to refuse our request to refund the room cost, but would not offer us a room in the hotel that we originally had reservations for. They took advantage of our situation during a busy super bowl weekend and canceled our room without our authorization and would not refund us. Since the trip I have been trying to contact the hotel manager during weekday work hours and have been told by several clerk that she was not available, and they do no know when she would be around. This was the most frustrating experience I have ever had dealing with a hotel. There is no customer service to speak of, they are not accommodating and very rude. The hotel is very over-priced and definitely not as nice as the picture shows, but that is not even that important to us. I would be very careful dealing with this hotel group!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Chelsea in Miami Beach is a 1936 luxury Art Deco gem that sits in the center of it all on Washington Avenue. Enjoy the South Beach Miami scenery from our patio while you have drinks from the bar, or a bite to eat from our restaurant. If you want to bathe in the Miami sun, we are just 2 blocks from Ocean Drive and the sands of the beach. For all your nightlife needs, the Chelsea is a short walk up or down the street from most South Beach nightclubs. This South Beach boutique hotel has been updated with Feng Shui accents for your comfort and pleasure. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Hotel Miami Beach
- Hotel Chelsea Miami Beach, Florida
- Chelsea Miami Beach