I stayed at the Hotel Chelsea with some girlfriends for a night out in South Beach at the end of February 2010.
- The hotel advertises valet... but we had to find our own parking after circling a very busy street because no one was around (we were able to find a meter for a reasonable rate down the street)
- We had to wait over an hour to check in as there is only one front desk agent (which is understandable for a boutique hotel but there was one group of 15 people ahead of us, clearly they needed more staff that day!)
- Great location, 2 blocks away from the beach and close to the clubs
- Rooms were very art deco, very funky (but VERY slow free wi-fi)
- Be sure to clarify what's included in the happy hour as the bartender told us after we got our drinks
- Front desk was nice enough to give us complimentary club passes
We were still relatively happy with out choice until we went out for a late night and found a large cockroach in the shower the next morning. Front desk sent over maintenance to spray it immediately and he actually laughed when we told him that it shouldn't have been there in the first place. We were going to check out later that afternoon but there was no sympathy from front desk about the incident or even an offer to let us shower in a different room (since the chemicals were still in the shower). The manager was not on-site and I emailed after I returned home but still no response on her part.
I've worked in hotels for years and I know that this is no way to treat customers or run a hotel. I could only imagine what else we could have been sleeping in that night! Don't stay at this hotel unless you want to find out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Chelsea in Miami Beach is a 1936 luxury Art Deco gem that sits in the center of it all on Washington Avenue. Enjoy the South Beach Miami scenery from our patio while you have drinks from the bar, or a bite to eat from our restaurant. If you want to bathe in the Miami sun, we are just 2 blocks from Ocean Drive and the sands of the beach. For all your nightlife needs, the Chelsea is a short walk up or down the street from most South Beach nightclubs. This South Beach boutique hotel has been updated with Feng Shui accents for your comfort and pleasure. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Hotel Miami Beach
- Hotel Chelsea Miami Beach, Florida
- Chelsea Miami Beach