The location at South Beach is very good and the rooms are nicely decorated for the price. The free happy hour is also a big bonus and so is the very good service and the complementary shuttle bus. The hotel is also a very nice art deco building. However, this is not a good place to sleep, which I think is a major minus for a hotel. I do prefer to sleep at night. Why on earth should a lobby be a music bar? This, however, is not a problem in most of the rooms. Why should there be an open air night club next door? And worst of all, we happened to be there also during the Memorial Day Weekend and this is something to avoid, if you do not want to feel absolutely out of place and colour being an european and want some peace and quiet. So I would not stay here again but I would not stay on any other hotel at South Beach either again. Oh, the Breakers and the Palm Beach suit me much, much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Chelsea in Miami Beach is a 1936 luxury Art Deco gem that sits in the center of it all on Washington Avenue. Enjoy the South Beach Miami scenery from our patio while you have drinks from the bar, or a bite to eat from our restaurant. If you want to bathe in the Miami sun, we are just 2 blocks from Ocean Drive and the sands of the beach. For all your nightlife needs, the Chelsea is a short walk up or down the street from most South Beach nightclubs. This South Beach boutique hotel has been updated with Feng Shui accents for your comfort and pleasure. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Hotel Miami Beach
- Hotel Chelsea Miami Beach, Florida
- Chelsea Miami Beach