“good hotel”

Red South Beach Hotel
Ranked #62 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 23 June 2014

excellent hotel for the price , clean rooms, the pool is clean and nice the service at the bar and the food very good ask for zenaida in front desk she is very helpful , friendly and nice, we was in room 612 and no complaints, thanks for everything, valet parking full in the hotel, you can find in 27 street near to the hotel but ask zenaida because if not you have to go to add money every 3 hours she knows the time free 6 pm to 8 am .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,242)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just came back from my 6-night stay at the Red South Beach (one of my two annual trips to Miami Beach). Upon check-in, I was ecstatic to find out that I have been upgraded to the pool-side cabana!!! When in South Beach, I always stay at the Red South Beach (formerly Habana Libre). And every time I am here, everybody recognizes us and that would put a smile on anybody's face! The atmosphere at the hotel is always so welcoming and pleasant, I never want to leave! Love the on-site restaurant Barok for either lunch or dinner, if you don't want to venture outside for your gastronomic pleasures. The food is really fresh, delicious, and very well presented. The pool is relaxing and the towels are always there when needed. The staff at the Red - the housekeeping crew, front desk, bellmen, etc. - are an absolute delight to deal - always courteous and smiling. What can I say? Red South Beach has became a major part of my life because this is the place where I come to unwind and get away from the daily grind and stress of living in NYC. All in all, special thanks to the awesome staff and management that always make my stays as pleasant and stress-free as possible!!! Looking forward to my next stay this December there!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jane B
RED_Concierge, Charlie the Concierge at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Jane B.

Thank you so much for your five star review of RED South Beach. We absolutely loved having you return time and time again to visit us here in Miami Beach. A big thank you for acknowledging our courteous, smiling staff and welcoming atmosphere; it is a delight for us to serve you each time you visit.

We are thrilled that you had the opportunity to visit Barok as well. In addition to the nightly happy hour, the restaurant is open daily from 8 AM to 10 PM serving fresh and delicious International fare to our hotel guests. They also provide room service for those wishing to enjoy their meal in the privacy of their own rooms.

We are so happy that you are able to find rest and relaxation at RED. Our pool area, with new lounge chairs, super soft cushions and waiter service, is the perfect place to melt off the stress of the daily grind.

It is our honor to serve as your “home away from home” and we eagerly look forward to your visit in December!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Awesome hotel. Very clean and staff are very friendly. The area is really nice and the beach is really close which is very convenient. I wish I could have stay longer. Cant wait to go back. There taxes and fees entitles each guest one happy hour drink per person per night, wireless internet access and the use of beach chairs and beach towels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Juliet S
RED_Concierge, Concierge at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Juliet S:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five star review of your recent stay at RED South Beach. We wish that you could have stayed longer too!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel, our convenient amenities, friendly staff and excellent services. Awesome and Excellent are two of our favorite words here; often used to describe the nightly welcome cocktail and WiFi included in our nominal Amenity Fee.

It would be our honor to have you return to stay with us again, when your plans bring you back to South Florida. Please contact us at concierge@redsouthbeach.com to arrange your next stay.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have to say, I did not know what to expect on my first trip by myself. All I can say is, this hotel and their friendly and efficient staff made my stay that much more enjoyable! From the friendly and helpful bellhops to the courteous and efficient cleaning staff, I could not have asked for more.Upon arrival, I was quickly and efficiently assisted by the friendly ladies of the front desk, Zenaida and Charlie and was allowed up to my room before check-in time. What I loved most was that they both remembered my surname and greeted me each and every time they saw me. During my stay, I became acquainted with the lovely male bartender(I believe his name was Dante)who was truly such a delight. I felt right at home. The only area of opportunity I would mention was the partition door that connected my room to the room next door to me. It might as well not have been there to be honest. I could clearly hear my neighbors during conversation. Other than that, I would totally stay here again! It felt like a home away from home. The beach was literally steps away from the hotel and I enjoyed the pool with a friend of mine who came to visit me. The decor was very chic! I also loved the cocktail hour every evening. I made some great connections during that time. I almost forgot I was on vacation by myself. The stay at this hotel inspired me to take another trip by myself. I just hope wherever my next destination,may it have at least half the level of service that this location provided me! Many thanks to Charlie, Zenaida, Dante and the entire staff at Red South Beach Hotel! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: I stayed on the last floor and the view from my room was great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Nadia S
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Awesome little hotel in the heart of Miami Beach. We were there for a weekend and I wish I could've stay longer. Stay in a cabana if you can, you won't regret it! Everyone was friendly from the reservation agent to the parking attendant. Loved the food and the atmosphere. The only thing that nneeds improvement is the parking but that's South Beach!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Eunicemsarduy
RED_Concierge, Conciergge at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Eunicemsarduy:

We are delighted that you enjoyed your weekend visit to RED, our friendly staff, fabulous food and awesome atmosphere. We certainly hope to have you as our guest again, hopefully next time for a longer stay.

Thank you for your understanding with the parking on the small island of South Beach. Our valet parking service offers guests unlimited service 24 hours a day for $29. Street parking at $1 per hour between 8 AM and 6 PM remains the most economical option at $10 for a 24 hour period.

Thanks again for staying with us at RED, write us directly (concierge@redsouthbeach.com) for your next reservation and we will be sure to save a Poolside Cabana for you.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our room had a flimsy partition door with our neighbours. We were able to hear absolutely everything next door: Everything! We felt totally uncomfortable and struggled to sleep every night. Some highlights included: listening to a sickly man cough up a lung until 4am, several bouts of fornication, and violent shuddering of the partition door at 2am by new drunken guests.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Jago T
RED_Concierge, Concierge at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Jago T:

Thank you for taking the time to review your current stay at RED South Beach. I am saddened that you felt uncomfortable here at the hotel as it is our goal to provide each guest with clean, comfortable accommodations for their visit to the Miami area.

I am happy to report that last week we began installing new double doors with sound proofing to all adjoining rooms increasing comfort and decreasing noise levels for all guests.

Should you wish to discuss any aspect of your stay further, please contact me directly concierge@redsouthbeach.com

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ken and I booked Red for a trip in early June 2014. We wanted a hotel walking distance to South Beach that wasn't right in the middle of the action so the beach wouldn't be too crowded. The hotel is across the street from Miami Beach and a 15 minute walk to the heart of South Beach. When we got there 5 hours before check-in, Charlie (the dearest most bubbly receptionist you could ever meet) allowed us to stow our luggage and offered us use of all the facilities as we waited for our room to be ready. She was awesome. The service from every member of the staff was exceptional. They booked our Everglades excursion for us and offered us great suggestions for restaurants in the area. Beach towels, chairs and a complimentary nightly cocktail were included in our rate. The tv wasn't great and some of the channels were fuzzy. There was also a ton of construction in the surrounding area during our stay but that's hardly in their control. We were never disturbed by it in the room. The room wasn't large but didn't feel cramped. If your looking for luxury this isn't your place but it's a cute, clean, nice hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure your 'Amenity Fee' is included in your rate. It's mandatory and you'll pay...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RED_Concierge, Charlie the Concierge at Red South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear KenandChelle:

It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guests this past week at RED South Beach. We are delighted that you enjoyed our superb location, convenient amenities and exceptional service.

As it is our goal to provide each of our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and exceptional service we are delighted that you felt we met your expectations. It was truly my honor to serve you both throughout your vacation.

In addition to the many, wonderful offerings of our Magic City, we are glad that you got to visit the everglades. It’s pretty neat to see what South Florida looked like before all of the houses and hotels.

We are sorry to hear that you had a problem with some of the TV channels, I have passed on the note to our FIX IT Team in order to better serve our future guests.

I eagerly look forward to your return to RED; you can contact us directly to make your next reservation at concierge@redsouthbeach.com. In the meantime, we would love to see your #EGGChair photos and please LIKE us on facebook!