“My first choice in Miami Beach”

The Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #31 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“My first choice in Miami Beach”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The hotel was so nice (breakfast at the garden, pool area, beach services, employees...) that I am happy to have this forum to tell this to other fellows of trip advisors. I have visited other luxury hotels in the area, for mere curiosity, and the Palm Spa is the one with more ambiance and class, where we can really relax and enjoy the rare vacation time with family. We stayed at a double connected room with ocean view and we simply loved it (view, decor, cleaniness, comfort). We were treated with extreme care by the staff, who hosted us at 5am arriving from the airport and immediately made a room available for early check in for our rest. Excellent hotel for couples or family vacation! I cannot immagine myself in another hotel in miami beach.

Room Tip: The ocean front view worths the price. You can see the ocean on your bed. The connecting rooms are p...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
EBarkey, Director of Guest Experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you for your first rate review of your stay at the Palms! I am delighted to hear that our staff treated you with extreme care and hospitality and that you have found your perfect destination for your travels here to Miami Beach. I hope you will contact me directly for all of your future reservation bookings, as it would be my pleasure to assist you and look forward to welcoming you back as our loyal repeat guest! Sincerely, Elena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Boston
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Don't book here unless you have kids. It's advertised as luxury it's more of a family resort with loud kids everywhere...in the rooms, at pool and on the beach. Only one elevator, took forever to get anywhere. Food was expensive and disappointing. Nothing in gift shop but coffee and peanuts. Croissant with chicken salad was stale. Extra hotel charge of $17 for nothing. Tiny rooms. Spa treatments were not worth the expense with 20% added on plus way too much attitude.
The staff at Palms tries and we appreciated them but overall, everything was way overpriced. We won't do it again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank JJ W
EBarkey, Director of Guest Experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
I am saddened to read your disappointing review of your recent stay with us, as it appears that perhaps the timing of your trip was not as expected with all of our Holiday guests in house. Perhaps another visit at another time in the future would be able to allow you the experience of the Palms Hotel & Spa, which you missed out on enjoying on this last trip. I would love for you to contact me directly for any future assistance or additional follow up to your past stay you may have. In regards to your concerns; we do have 4 guestroom elevators in the hotel, however, I apologize that one was unavailable for a short period of time, our Gift Shop does sell many different and unique items (men’s & women’s apparel, jewelry, beach items, Palms souvenirs, coffee, juice, sandwiches & pastries all made in house, etc), our Daily hotel fee is $14 and includes beach chairs and umbrellas, WIFI, daily newspapers and gym access, and our guestrooms range from 230 sq feet to 670 sq feet depending on the category, with every room having been completely remodeled and renovated in 2009 with constant upgrades and additions made throughout the years. We always appreciate our guests feedback and thank you for your perspective. Sincerely Elena
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I have so many great things I could say about this hotel but I'll keep it short. We had a preferred city view room which was amazing. It was large in size and looked like it had only just been redecorated and to a very high standard. Everything about the hotel was luxury right down to the complimentary slippers in the room and really nice good quality towels.

Having never been to Miami beach before I was debating whether to book this hotel which is further up the beach to the north or whether to book something further south by Ocean drive where there's more action.

I"m so glad I booked the Palms because it was such a peaceful and relaxing place, and it was only ever a $7 dollar ride in a taxi to Ocean Drive for when we fancied going partying. On top of that it was very good value compared to hotels closer to Ocean drive, and no doubt I'm sure it is higher quality too!

If you book this hotel you really won't be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
EBarkey, Director of Guest Experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Dear ChrisConnell, I am absolutely thrilled to hear about your ‘Palms Experience’ and truly appreciate your genuinely glowing review and comments! Please contact me personally for assistance with any future bookings as I would love the opportunity to welcome you back in person as our guest. Sincerely, Elena
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Nice accomodation with great service. The food is very good. The spa was relaxing, good experience.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2011

This was our 2nd stay.We were there for our anniversary.Elena Barkey upgrade our room to ocean front.This hotel really on the beach. Nice super clean room, professional & cautious front desk.Ground was very nice.At evening when we back from beach we found a complementary bottle of champain & 2 glasses on our table with a card from General Manager,The Palms Hotel & Spa.That touched our heart.
Hamid Abdulhafid, Corporate General Manager & Elena Barkey, Director of Guest Experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa. You are awesome. We will never forgot our stay in The palms hotel & spa,Miami. Thank you, thank you, thank you. you booked us for life. We love your emotional gift. You are better then GREAT.You pampared us like the royalty.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side of the entrance is newly renovated.Park the car @ 30th street,pay $1H but 6pm...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelohoolic
EBarkey, Director of Guest Experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 December 2011
Thank you so very much for your extremely kind words and notes of appreciation! It was absolutely our pleasure to have you as our repeat guests at the Palms Hotel & Spa for your special anniversary celebration. We look forward to sharing many more memories and extraordinary celebrations with you in the future. I hope that you will contact me again directly for assistance with all future bookings so that I may ensure another pampering stay and royalty experience. Sincerely, Elena
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This is a great hotel me and my girl stayed for 2 nights and the service was incredible ... The hotel is super clean they had employees cleaning every single detail even at the front door... I reccomend having breakfast at the buffet even is kind of expensive but worth it food quality is awesome... Give them a 5 stars when i checked in i wanted to stay at like the highest floor but they recommended me to stay at least 9th floor because of construction noise . Would definetly go back

• Stayed December 2011
Richfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have mixed feelings about my stay at The Palms. The resort itself is very nice. The room was great. The bed was very comfortable and the place was very clean. My only issue was the construction noise next door. I realize that this is not something that the hotel can control, but it was still mildly annoying. The constant beep, beep, beep and clang, clang got annoying after awhile. I was looking forward to Saturday to have one day where we didn't have to hear the constant noise from the construction, but then the Palms decided that was the best day to jackhammer away on their building so we were unable to escape the constant noise. The noise could be heard from the pool and out by the ocean...there was no escaping it. Drinks were expensive, but everything was expensive in Miami and it's not like they were hiding the price from you. We ordered a pitcher of Margaritas which came out to almost $60 with gratuity. The drinks were good and very strong so I was ok with the price. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can not comment on the food. There is a little cafe two blocks away that we ate breakfast at for about $15 for two people. It was about a 20-30 minute walk to the main part of South Beach, but we enjoy walking so that was not a big deal at all. We actually enjoyed it. We also had an issue with our bill when it arrived. It stated that we had a $29 charge for vallet parking which was odd since we took a shuttle from the airport. I pointed this out upon checkout and the front desk was very curtious and removed the charge. Overall the stay was good. I would have given it a five star rating if it hadn't been for the noise from the construction.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple