“Review for the Spa”

The Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #29 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This hotel has a wonderful spa. I live in Miami and have gone to this spa a few different times for Ladies Day Out, Birthdays, Bridal Shower, etc. They have really talented aestheticians who know how to get the kinks out of your body. They also have really friendly service staff that help you get situated.

The only complaint I have is the size of their locker room, which can be quite tight on space when there are more than 2 people there at a time. Despite that, I keep going back.

It's a great all around spa experience starting upon your arrival on the property, which is truly an escape to relaxation (unlike most of the beach which is ultra-modren, hoity-toity). You get access to the beach and pool area when you use the spa, which makes it a perfect stay-cation location. They also often have specials and offer great discounts, so keep an eye out for it.

The spa is wonderful, the ambience is unmatched in Miami Beach, and the food and drinks, while expensive are really tasty.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
EBarkey, Guest Relations Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Wandering Llamas, Thank you for being one of our loyal Miami Spa visitors and for sharing your in-spa-rations with everyone on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you found our Aveda Spa experiences to be truly refreshing and as soon as you are in need of another ‘escape to relaxation’, please contact myself or Iliana Ortega, our Spa Director, for assistance. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again! Elena

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We checked into The Palms after our disappointment with another hotel and were immediately impressed.

Front Desk:
Swift, efficient check in. One of the front desk assistants was able to make some good nightclub recommendations based on the type of music that my husband and I like.

Concierge:
Was very, very helpful. She suggested some restaurants, made the reservations and we thoroughly enjoyed them. She was spot on! also made arrangements for us to do some shopping.

Rooms:
Rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. Exceptional service.

Restaurant:
Food and service were excellent although a bit pricey.

Pros:
Attentive, efficient staff who were eager to help.

Cons:
Located a bit away from the action on South Beach (which may be a pro or con depending on your expectations).

Would stay at The Palms again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, Although your reservation started out at another hotel, I am thrilled to hear that our dedicated team was able to turn an unfortunate situation into a lasting memory of true impressions. I will share your great comments with our Front Desk and Concierge, as although making guests experiences a reality is part of their jobs, it’s wonderful to hear from our guests about their genuine hospitality delivered each and every day. Thank you! I look forward to welcoming you back personally as our new found loyal Palms guest. Regards, Elena

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Very Good place and service, the rooms kind of small. The restaurant too expensive also the beach service anyways the sea view and the proximity to the beach is very good and makes easear to reach it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcela D
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have stayed at the Palms for four nights on a Bachelorette party with 3 friends. My ocean view room was large and comfortable however my friends had a much better view from their room that was a few floors higher. By looking at the rooms you could think you are in a business hotel but by walking around in the lush garden you're definitely in a resort. I'm not sure if the business looking bedrooms are a plus for leisure travelers.
The food at the restaurant was good as well as service but it was overall over-priced.

The best thing about this hotel is the colonial/tropical feeling in the public areas and garden as well as the front desk staff. Stefano was able to communicate in every possible language and gave us the best restaurant and club recommendations in the city. He made this bachelorette party actually look like one thanks to its dedication and professionalism from check in to check out. Moise was also very knowledgeable about the city and its fun happening. Thumbs up for these two gentlemen.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Debbie, I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay experiences with us and I am even more delighted to hear that both Stefano and Moises at the Front Desk were able to make your stay truly memorable and everlasting. Our colleagues are our greatest asset and both of these gentleman are perfect examples of our teams dedication and commitment to excellence. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you! Elena

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Palms Hotel August 24-26 for a family event. Check in was fine, but from the moment we entered our room on the 10th floor we knew we were in trouble. Starting with the bathroom (see photo). No human being could possibly be comfortable using the toilet. Not only in our room, but some other family rooms as well. One family member even said her toilet was built under the sink and whenever she flushed the faucets in the sink came on. My wife actually slid off the toilet since the seat was not even on tight. Even after we asked the hotel to fix it, they didn't. Next we went to Essencia for a late breakfast. Very expensive and the toast presented to my wife was stale and had to be sent back. Nights were impossible. There is absolutely no sound proofing that room of ours. All night long people were heard yelling up and down the halls. We called the front desk and spoke to Carlos several times throughout the night. He assured us security would take care of the noise. We did hear security come up once and ask them to keep it down. This lasted for about 10 minutes. We called again and asked if security could stay up there for a while. Carlos informed us that they only had 1 security guard for the entire hotel. Trust me they need many more than that. I don't think my wife and I slept more than an hour our entire stay! Same with many of our family on other floors as well. I was so tired that night, I felt I could use a massage by the pool the next day. Oh but wait! The weather forced the spa to cancel all the special rate massages outside and would not honor them inside. I sat by the pool anyway. It was cloudy but not raining. Finally when it was time to leave I asked the bellman if I could borrow a luggage cart. NO was the only answer I received. If you enjoy hotels where the standard room is smaller than a standard cruise line cabin, and the bathrooms even more compact, and the price of the room more than double what you would pay for an outside cabin on a luxury liner; a hotel where you can hear a pin drop outside your door, and you pay $29 per night to park your car, then this is the hotel for you! When I asked the rest of our family how their stay was the only answer I received was EXPENSIVE! and that was with our family event rate! Never again!

Room Tip: pick another hotel! A cell at the city jail would be better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank drofbone

Dear Ormond Beach, We were absolutely honored to host your family event here at the Palms and I regret that your memories of the event were not of joyous times together in a beautiful setting, but rather of unfortunate noisy outside occurrences. I am truly disappointed to hear about your sleepless nights as our guest and I would love the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your past stay and experiences. Please contact me directly at ebarkey@thepalmshotel.com. Sincerely Elena

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed at the Palms for three nights and had interconnecting oceanview rooms - well worth the extra. Overall it is a good hotel, with high quality food and friendly and helpful staff. Our only niggle was that the rooms we eon the small side and were not very soundproof.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelphilosopher_12
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly especially at the tour desk. She organised tickets for us to the Miami Heat game at the last minute and provided us with great directions on how to get buses there. The rooms were very nice. Wish it was warmer as we would have been able to enjoy the pool. Great location on the beach and a bit of a walk to the shops but at least its a scenic walk along the boardwalk.
The breakie was great too with plenty of options.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple