I've been coming to Miami quite a few times (3 times the last year) and I've stayed at hotels on washington, Collins and Oceandrive more or less everytime. This time I wanted to try something different and so the Palms seemed like a good options since it's north of South beach but still not to far from Lincoln road and 7-10th st action. Also, a plus in my opinion is that it's not HUGE. There are a lot of high rises on North beach and also Sunny Isles.. But this hotel is neither small/boutique nor a gigantic tower. So, it's got character and you won't get lost. :)
The rooms were very nice. Ok sizewise and with the best beds I've ever slept in actually! We had a separate toilet and shower. Not sure all rooms come like that. The ocean/pool view is nice, but unfortunately it's also including the construction next to the hotel. Not so nice.. But, there is a lot of construction going on in that area, so there are a lot of hotels that are affected of the same thing. Don't think it is so bad you should go elsewhere. Although I did think they could have cleaned the area just below our windows. There was a bit of fixing going on at the Palms too and obviously no one wanted to keep the place tidy.
Breakfastbuffet is fantastic! Make sure to include it in your booking! Fruitsalad, salmon, waffles, omelet-station... Etc etc. Best I've had in the USA except for in Vegas.
The pool area is very clean and also worth the stay. Some sand and loungers and also Tiki-huts for rent. The boardwalk is just out the gate by the pool.
All in all a nice experience. A bit pricey.. But so are most of the hotels in Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront sanctuary in the heart of Miami Beach, just minutes from the South Beach entertainment district, The Palms Hotel & Spa combines refined service, laid-back sophistication and beachside serenity into a destination where wellness and environmental awareness are at the center of each guest experience. Enjoy freshly renovated lobby areas with an elegant colonial flair, a lush tropical garden oasis with secluded relaxation areas, a large swimming pool and comfortable lounges, cabanas and umbrellas at the pool and beach. Rooms offer either views of the ocean, tropical gardens or the cityscape, and feature flat-screen TVs, AVEDA toiletries, coffee makers, iPod docks and luxurious bedding. The hotel’s signature restaurant, ESSENSIA, offers local farm-to-table cuisine with unique Miami flavors on breezy covered terraces. The Lounge specializes on craft cocktails while the TIKI BAR offers casual fare and classic pool cocktails. The Palms AVEDA Spa offers a full-service salon, retail area and holistic spa treatments, delivering a highly personalized experience with rituals to awaken the senses. Inspired by the pristine environment surrounding the resort, tropical nature inspires all facets of the hotel, from the decor, to the products & services offered and its commitment to green practices. It is an independently owned and operated AAA 4-diamond rated hotel, a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle Collection and Florida Green Lodging certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel And Spa
- The Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms South Beach
- The Palms South Beach
- Miami The Palms
- Palms Miami
- The Palms Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, Florida