The Palms Hotel & Spa
US$367
US$610
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$375
US$341
US$428
US$303
Official Site
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$489
US$358
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$320
US$286
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$561
US$284
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$163
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$371
Orbitz.com
2,911 results
All reviewssouth beachpool areaocean viewbeautiful hotelchairs and umbrellascab rideoceanfront roomhotel restaurantprivate beachdirect access to the beachbeach servicelincoln roadvalet parkingbeach towelsweddingtikiarmand
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I just arrived at this hotel and I have a 3-night stay here. The receptionist informed me that I'll need to a wait a bit for my room as its still getting ready and I have the option to move into another room with a not-so-great-view. I preferred waiting. But little did I know that it would be a full 2 hours before my room would be ready. So there I am, waiting in the lobby of the hotel for 2 hours and I realize that its going to be a hopeless case if I continue to wait for them to call me to let me know about the room. So I chose to go to the receptionist myself (for the 3rd time) to inquire.

Sure enough, after 2 hours - the keys are handed over and I hope that the view of the room is well worth the wait. But its not. It's just facing the wall of another building and I am wondering what was the fuss about telling that the room has a good view.

Hoping that the next couple of days spent here are not as bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank pratikg
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Pratikg,
It is a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for choosing to stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa! Just to clarify, our check in time is 4:00 p.m. but I’m glad we were able to have your room ready by 2:00p.m. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me at extension 5477 or please contact our front desk any time after office hours.
The Palms Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Got married here and I believe that it's a jewel in the rough. From the moment we inquired about our event the staff were kind and helpful. (Thanks to Michelle Cannici and Paul.) It's been years since we received this level of service and attention from a hotel. It's not often one finds traditional service within modern settings. The staff answered all our questions and made us feel like royalty at every moment. So I tip my hat to The Palms Hotel & Spa to let you know whenever we travel to Miami we will come to you.

3  Thank George H
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our property and helpful staff. I’ll definitely thank Michelle and Paul on your behalf! We look forward to welcoming you back and providing the backdrop to future celebrations and unforgettable memories!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I'll be honest to start and say i wasnt massively impressed by Miami and found a lot of the people very rude...especially taxi drivers. But this was not the case at the Palms. The room was lovely large and clean. Even had a set of scales in the bathroom...very Miami. the hotel interior was beautiful and bar, restaurant and pool lovely. As the title says there was building work and drilling in the hotel next door but the noise didnt really bother us. there was lovely music around the pool at the hotel which was soothing. theres a gate at the back of the hotel which goes onto the beach and you need your room key to get back in.

I would say the drinks and food are expensive but to be honest miami is a pricey place so its pretty typical of the area. when you do get a drink or meal though theres lots of it and the food is just beautiful.

Staff were great very friendly and couldnt do enough for us.

We didnt use the spa or gym so cant really comment but would recommend this hotel if you want to stay in the area.

Just a tip though, it is on the top end so attractions such as ocean drive are a bit of a walk. taxi's down there were less than 10 dollars though so we tended to do that.

1  Thank heather c

Dear HeatherC,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We appreciate your kind words regarding our property and service but regret you don’t feel the same about the rest of our beautiful city. We do hope you return to Miami and when you do you will stay with us again so that we can welcome you back to our tropical gardens and crystalline waters with genuine service and warm hospitality!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

After a stay in Conrad Miami and some days in Los Cabos, finally we went to the final of our trip: Miami Beach, at The Palms Hotel.

We had, before, very pleasant experiences as the other hotels were really nice. And expect to have also a great time at the last hotel of our trip. But we hadn’t.

About the hotel:

- Reception:

The reception is very simple with a staff a little bit instable, as you have some members that are very pleasant and others that are not so friendly. One important issue is that is an old hotel. And does not have some normal structure of others hotels, like a ramp for your luggage when you arrive at the hotel: they just have stairs at the reception.

When I checked in, I had a package from Amazon.com that was delivered one day before my arrival. They charge for receiving any package in U$ 5,00 per package.

- Swimming pool and Beach:

The swimming pool of the hotel is very small and not compatible with so many rooms and guests. But, during our stay (03 days) the guests really don’t use swimming pool in a way that it became crowd.

The beach of this part of Miami is a normal one. Nothing really different that I would define it as a beautiful one. In fact, is a normal beach (not beautiful), with some rocks.

There is a beach service, but I did not use it.

The towels for the swimming pool and beach are ridiculous. Old and very poor.

- The restaurants:

We had breakfast all days. Really disappointed. Very simple with jus a few variety. As is a beach hotel, I would expect more fruits or juices, but they do not have it.

- The room:

We got a upgrade for the oceanview room when we arrived. So, we did not stayed at the standard room. And even with the upgrade the room is really, really small. For those who go to Miami to buy, is something terrible, as it won’t have a lot of space in the room.

The bathroom is divided in 02 parts. Although is very small. Impossible to be used by a couple on the same time. This in the upgraded room (I can’t imagine the standard room)

The hotel says it’s a oceanview room. But I did not see the ocean, as it showed on the photo attached. So, do not believe that you will receive a oceanVIEW when they tell you that you got an upgrade.

- The WORSE experience:

When we checked out, I told to all staff members that I had one order from Amazon.com that did not arrived on time, before my check-out. So, they guaranteed that they would refuse it when UPS tried to delivered it. But they didn’t.

As I tracked the package by UPS site, the hotel received the item (more than U$ 50,00), not refusing any delivered. Really disgusting to noticed that the hotel staff decided to receive an item that they knew it was from a guest that already check-out. And this ridiculous act after they guaranteed me (and said that register it on their system) that would refuse the delivered.

I had to paid the package (and discover that someone from the hotel got my U$ 50,00 item) as they did not refuse the deliver. What a shame!!!

So, BE VERY CAREFUL with reception information’s. And it’s good to know that they do not honor their promises.

6  Thank Nunes-MG

Dear Mineirim,
I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback. On behalf of The Palms Hotel & Spa, we sincerely regret any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay with us. We value your opinion and have taken the appropriate measures with our team to ensure this does not happen again. Just to clarify, our $5.00 package handling fee which most hotels do charge also includes the storage of the package. There are some mailing companies that just drop off packages at the hotel without requesting a signature and in such cases as soon as we verify that the guest is no longer staying with us we immediately return the package.
None the less, I do understand your concerns and would like the opportunity to address them with you directly. Please contact me at alma@thepalmshotel.com so that I may personally speak with you regarding this matter and hopefully we can restore your confidence in our hotel. If your travels ever bring you back to Miami Beach, it would be a pleasure to welcome you with genuine service and laid-back sophistication at out serene and renovated oceanfront resort.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I found this hotel online when heading to Miami on business. What a pleasant surprise! My breakfast at the hotel restaurant was included and I stayed on the deck for an extended period of time enjoying the environment checking my email on my ipad enjoying my coffee. We are renovating our kitchen and the ceiling on the veranda deck is now being incorporated into our design. My room was on the eighth floor overlooking the ocean and pool. It was an amazing view from my room and the photo I took of the sunrise is now my FB cover photo! Service was fantastic and I would definitely stay there again and in fact my trip unexpectedly had me stay longer so I re booked at the Palms. On my recent honeymoon we stayed at the Ritz Kapalua and I have to say the Palms was just about as good!

Room Tip: Ocean view on the on the 8th floor is a must!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your most recent stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa. I am glad you had a pleasant time and appreciate your kind words regarding our fantastic service! We look forward to welcoming you back for many more relaxing stays surrounded by our tropical gardens, crystalline waters, and warm hospitality!