“An Oasis”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston, South Carolina
“An Oasis”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

.........A weekend getaway favorite of mine in Miami. This is a property that I enjoy when I want to be at peace in my own city. The restaurant Essencia is very good. Chef Julie uses mostly locally sourced ingredients and has a clever, healthy menu. I love to come here to sleep, eat, lounge on the beach and poolside.........and nightlife is a very short cab ride down Collins Avenue...

Room Tip: Ocean View............
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
It was a pleasure to have you as our guests. Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our property and look forward to your next visit.
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I went to Miami for my 28th birthday with my fiancé; so glad I picked to stay at The Palms hotel and spa. Everyone was so polite and helpful anything I ask for was done. The room was beautiful, perfect for the two of us. We were in one of the ocean view rooms on the 9th floor; just waking up to the sun rising over the ocean was amazing. I love the intimacy of the beach and pool it was never over crowed and on the beach food and drink service was ideal. We did a couple’s message and facials at the spa a little pricy but worth it, never felt more relax and alive in a long while. I loved my time in Miami but my stay at this hotel made it even better. From now on anytime I am visiting south beach I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the ocean view room, so worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Natasha W,
Thank you for not only choosing to stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa but also for taking the time to review our hotel and share with us your Palms experience. I am elated to hear that you found our hotel to be amazing and our rooms beautiful. We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our polite and helpful staff and certainly look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We spent a couple of nights here after a cruise this September and were very impressed.
Greeted in the lobby by an amazingly beautiful Florida tropical motif. High ceilings, "palm fans", terracotta tile floors and photos of old Florida.
The room was wonderful, clean, large, robes and slippers, doesn't great any better?
The grounds are well kept, the pool is fabulous and right out the back is the incredible Florida beach.
I would gladly stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Julien P
Thank you for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests. We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our property and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Palms!
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Palms is a lovely place to get away for a weekend with your spouse or loved ones. The Spa is a different story. My fiancee' and I stayed there 2 weeks ago for my birthday, he treated me to a nice day in the Spa with a massage and a facial, what a mistake! The staff in the Spa is terrible, you are not greeted or acknowledged as a guest, especially by employee named Victor, he was rude and so unpleasant the minute you walk in, I told my fiancee and he came down to speak with his supervisor, who only justified his rudeness and argued with him. My fiancee' called to report this to the General Manager, and an idiot by the name of Carlos came to the phone, he had the worst attitude and such a power trip! He refused to let us speak with the General Manager, he wrote to the director of the Spa, we never heard from her.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Stephanie S,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Palms Hotel & Spa and for taking the time to review our hotel. I regret to hear of the inconvenience you have experienced at our spa. Unfortunately, we have been unable to locate your reservation in our system. Please know that your satisfaction is priority at The Palms and I would like to see if we could discuss this matter further. Please email me at alma@thepalmshotel.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is located on the beach (one with rocks everywhere) however this is where the positive attributes end. For a "four star" hotel one would expect that they would not nickle and dime their customers at every chance, and they would be wrong. I arrived from my overnight flight in need of a room to rest in, they had rooms available to check into but insisted on charging their absurd early check in fee, and this was after I agreed to take a smaller room near the elevator, they simply didnt care. I've been to numerous hotels that would not charge a fee in a similar situation, alas The Palms could care less about their guests or their safety. For example, after paying the absurd fee I was given a room key by the agent without having my ID checked, this is completely in excusable and a huge security risk. I tried to complain to a manger, but one was not available. Finally on my departure I tried to have the front desk arrange a shuttle for me only to be told to go thte conceirge that was of course unavaliable every single time I tried to contact them forcing me to take a cab back to the airport. Bottom line this hotel is only concerned about the money and could care less about their guests. Do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kristopher M
Recife
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at The Palms in Miami Beach and had surf
lessons with EZride Surf School.
The lessons were wonderful and everyone at EZride
Surf School is extremely nice and very professional.
We will be surfing with them again on our next trip!

Room Tip: Pegamos um quarto com vista para a cidade e a baía de Miami. Maravilhoso!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Good points - excellent facilities. Excellent staff. Our room was very high quality with an awesome shower. The pool and bar areas are very good too. This is the perfect hotel if you want a short relaxing holiday right next to the beach. It looks like the Spa is very high quality too.

Bad points - There is a lot of very noisy construction work next door. The sooner that ends the better. There is very little to do nearby. The shops are a good 20 min walk away, and there are no bars near the hotel.

But as i say, if you want a few days doing very little and being pampered in a nice hotel, this is perfect.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the garden was nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends