Stayed at the Palms with my wife for two nights this week. The weather wasn't great, but that wasn't the hotel's fault. From Erwin the Reservations Manager, through to all the staff in the hotel and spa, everyone was a pleasure to deal with. The room was a tad small, but the view made up for it - we stayed in an oceanfront king room on the seventh floor, with an unobstructed view of the beach and ocean. The bathrooms were a little weird - two separate rooms, one with a toilet and sink, and another across from it with a shower and sink. They also had some spots that were a little dirty, but nothing terrible.
The pool area was nice and clean, with a very attentive staff presence. The spa was also very good - we each got massages and enjoyed the entire experience there.
The negative is, of course, the constitution going on on both sides of the hotel. During the day it is impossible to avoid the noise, and it is quite noisy. In the room, itself, it isn't that bad, but you constantly hear the beeping of backing up trucks. Outside at the pool, and even on the beach near the hotel, it is very noisy.
The only negative about the hotel I would point to is they weren't very helpful with a request for late checkout. Checkout is 11AM, and they allow you to stay until Noon with no charge. After that, they basically charge $50 per hour of extra time. Maybe the hotel was booked full and they needed the room, or maybe this is standard practice. But I'd have thought they could have been a little more accommodating.
All in all, we enjoyed out time at the hotel and would go back. The price could not be beaten for what we got. Tip: email or call the hotel directly to get their best price - they offered me a price better than anything else I saw online, even than what they listed on their own website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront sanctuary in the heart of Miami Beach, just minutes from the South Beach entertainment district, The Palms Hotel & Spa combines refined service, laid-back sophistication and beachside serenity into a destination where wellness and environmental awareness are at the center of each guest experience. Enjoy freshly renovated lobby areas with an elegant colonial flair, a lush tropical garden oasis with secluded relaxation areas, a large swimming pool and comfortable lounges, cabanas and umbrellas at the pool and beach. Rooms offer either views of the ocean, tropical gardens or the cityscape, and feature flat-screen TVs, AVEDA toiletries, coffee makers, iPod docks and luxurious bedding. The hotel’s signature restaurant, ESSENSIA, offers local farm-to-table cuisine with unique Miami flavors on breezy covered terraces. The Lounge specializes on craft cocktails while the TIKI BAR offers casual fare and classic pool cocktails. The Palms AVEDA Spa offers a full-service salon, retail area and holistic spa treatments, delivering a highly personalized experience with rituals to awaken the senses. Inspired by the pristine environment surrounding the resort, tropical nature inspires all facets of the hotel, from the decor, to the products & services offered and its commitment to green practices. It is an independently owned and operated AAA 4-diamond rated hotel, a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle Collection and Florida Green Lodging certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Palms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel And Spa
- The Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms South Beach
- The Palms South Beach
- Miami The Palms
- Palms Miami
- The Palms Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, Florida