My husband and I just spent Christmas week at the Palms. This was our third stay at the Palms in the last 6 years so clearly we like many things about this Hotel. Our past 2 visits would have received 5 stars. This visit was still good, but there were a few disappointments.
I was most disappointed regarding smoking. As I remembered, smoking was allowed outside at the entrance on one side where there are couches and tables. This visit, every time we entered our exited the hotel, we were exposed to cigarette smoke. When waiting inside for a taxi, the smell was still present in the lobby. The porch area next to the restaurant was always filled with smokers. Because of this we chose to eat breakfast and lunch elsewhere which was an inconvenience. Poolside was another area where it was problematic, including ordering food and drink. The beach should also have designated areas as we were frequently next to cigar smokers requiring us to move.
Our second disappointment was with housekeeping. It was a lot of little things that were new for us. Nothing major, just not up to our previous experience.
We were surprised ( and a little disappointed) by the significant amount of construction in the immediate area as well as all of South Beach. We had heard this and called the hotel prior to booking. We were re-assured that the noise and disruption was minimal to the Palms. That is (relatively) true. The construction is an overall distraction from the vacation experience. The construction noise did not impact us within the hotel but was a distraction when on the beach and walking the boardwalk.
On the positive side, we had a great experience at the spa. It was our first time using this amenity and we thought it was great! Ask for Kandace as she provided the best facial and massage.
Overall, the Palms remains a great place to stay in Miami. It is clean, well maintained and staff are attentive and friendly. It has all the amenities we look for while vacationing in Florida. We loved the new cushioned chairs at the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront sanctuary in the heart of Miami Beach, just minutes from the South Beach entertainment district, The Palms Hotel & Spa combines refined service, laid-back sophistication and beachside serenity into a destination where wellness and environmental awareness are at the center of each guest experience. Enjoy freshly renovated lobby areas with an elegant colonial flair, a lush tropical garden oasis with secluded relaxation areas, a large swimming pool and comfortable lounges, cabanas and umbrellas at the pool and beach. Rooms offer either views of the ocean, tropical gardens or the cityscape, and feature flat-screen TVs, AVEDA toiletries, coffee makers, iPod docks and luxurious bedding. The hotel’s signature restaurant, ESSENSIA, offers local farm-to-table cuisine with unique Miami flavors on breezy covered terraces. The Lounge specializes on craft cocktails while the TIKI BAR offers casual fare and classic pool cocktails. The Palms AVEDA Spa offers a full-service salon, retail area and holistic spa treatments, delivering a highly personalized experience with rituals to awaken the senses. Inspired by the pristine environment surrounding the resort, tropical nature inspires all facets of the hotel, from the decor, to the products & services offered and its commitment to green practices. It is an independently owned and operated AAA 4-diamond rated hotel, a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle Collection and Florida Green Lodging certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Palms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel And Spa
- The Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms South Beach
- The Palms South Beach
- Miami The Palms
- Palms Miami
- The Palms Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, Florida