“BEAUTIFULL PLACE”

The Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #30 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had my bachelorette lunch at the essence restaurant and it was amazing, food incredible, the service five start, the attention, the decorations, everything was perfect. I recommended it to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cmesias2007
There are newer reviews for The Palms Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I arrived @ 10pm via a cab that only took cash (the driver did not advise me, so be aware of this in MIA). The desk clerk referred me to its ATM which was out of order. I returned to the desk clerk who referred to her manager in a room behind the desk. They referred me to the hotel next door which didn't have an ATM and referred me back to The Palms. The desk clerk (and her manager who never came from the office) referred me to the hotel across the street which had an operable ATM. During these encounters, they told me they could not help me with cash. It took @ least a day for the ATM at The Palms to be operable.

While I was pursuing the ATM, the Bell left my bags unattended. I brought them to the desk who didn't take them in back, but left them in front of the desk while I was chasing ATMs.

Due to illegible handwriting by the desk clerk, my first effort to go to my room brought me to a room that was occupied. I had to return to the desk to clarify my room #.

At the lobby bar, I had two glasses of house wine and an appetizer for $60 (also, in-room bottles of water were $6.95, and the floor ice machine was out of order throughout the 4-day stay).

For $255 per night, and a repeat visitor, I expect more. The manager didnot advocate for me and didn't extend to assist me. Sorry to see, I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room. I was a repeat visitor and was placed street side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Peter D
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I moved to this hotel last minute after a disappointing first booking at another hotel along South Beach.

The hotel was lovely the moment you stop foot through the door. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The restaurant and outside pool area is well designed with small areas within the grounds which mean you can hide away with a good book.

I would pay the additional cost for the beach view it's well worth it.

The beds are big and high which I love and feels quality. I don't have a bad word to say about this hotel and I'm definitely booking again for my next visit.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 1 February 2014

From the moment you walk in the front doors, you can feel the wonderful beach ambiance. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. I got to my room and the turn down service had been completed. Robes, slippers, chocolate. There was a personalized letter thanking me for my stay, along with 2 Eco friendly shopping bags. The room was peaceful and very nicely decorated. The back patio was amazing. The restaurant food was very good. I travel on business 3 times a month and stay in many hotels. This hotel was definitely one of the nicest I have experienced and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marsha L
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Love The Palms. This was our second trip here and we loved it. Quiet and out of the craziness of South Beach. Rooms are immaculate, staff is excellent. First day on the beach we met Kevin- once he knew what we wanted for chairs and umbrellas he had them ready for us everyday! Spa is excellent, best massage I have had in a long time! I cannot say enough about this property. Cannot wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jennt958
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Jenn T, What an absolute pleasure it was to have you back as one of our loyal and repeat Palms guests! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us and your lovely comments regarding our staff. I have personally thanked Kevin for his outstanding commitment to excellence! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back for another perfect Palms experience.
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I've stayed at places like the Delano and National for quite a few years. But recently I started staying at the Palms. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. Great bathrooms (although small) with high water pressure coming from the waterfall shower heads. Beds are comfortable. Cleanliness is impeccable. There is turn-down service and Aveda products. Not much to complain about.

There is a pool, but it's not an infinity pool. There's no hottub. There's music, but not the dance club type. It's more relaxed than its southern neighbors. The bar by the pool is great, and there's good service. The food doesn't suck and the drinks are strong. 20% gratuity is included on everything.

Long and short is that this a very relaxing place to stay. if you're looking for excitement and a place to be seen, this is not your spot.

Room Tip: Ocean views are very nice, but cost about $60-80 more per night. They are quieter than the street f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Will O
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I am a single conservative lady, and found the accommodations secure, safe, wonderful, close to the beach. Fabulous courtyard and pool. City bus system is an economic way to see city. $4.50 per day for bus pass. Can ride train or bus from airport. Restaurant in hotel is $$ for entrees.

• Stayed: January 2014