My fiancé and I just arrived at the Palms from NYC. The first room they gave us positively reeked of marijuana. After informing the receptionist of this, she assigned us a new room with the same problem. When we returned to the desk to inform her of the smell, she said she had learned it was just a new carpet cleaner and they'd been getting complaints, and she'd send someone up to fix it as all the other rooms were booked. This housekeeping person's solution was to douse the room in spray that smelled like the orange cleaner they use in the NYC subways. I figured we could open a window to air out the room but no, a sign on the windows says they do not open. Figures, because a lot of people would probably jump out.
Additionally, the room is TINY so the stenches hit you even harder. I would probably recommend not staying here if you expect a truly nice hotel experience. Your own closet would serve you just as well and not smell nearly as much like an orange-flavored joint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront sanctuary in the heart of Miami Beach, just minutes from the South Beach entertainment district, The Palms Hotel & Spa combines refined service, laid-back sophistication and beachside serenity into a destination where wellness and environmental awareness are at the center of each guest experience. Enjoy freshly renovated lobby areas with an elegant colonial flair, a lush tropical garden oasis with secluded relaxation areas, a large swimming pool and comfortable lounges, cabanas and umbrellas at the pool and beach. Rooms offer either views of the ocean, tropical gardens or the cityscape, and feature flat-screen TVs, AVEDA toiletries, coffee makers, iPod docks and luxurious bedding. The hotel’s signature restaurant, ESSENSIA, offers local farm-to-table cuisine with unique Miami flavors on breezy covered terraces. The Lounge specializes on craft cocktails while the TIKI BAR offers casual fare and classic pool cocktails. The Palms AVEDA Spa offers a full-service salon, retail area and holistic spa treatments, delivering a highly personalized experience with rituals to awaken the senses. Inspired by the pristine environment surrounding the resort, tropical nature inspires all facets of the hotel, from the decor, to the products & services offered and its commitment to green practices. It is an independently owned and operated AAA 4-diamond rated hotel, a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle Collection and Florida Green Lodging certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- The Palms Hotel And Spa
- Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms South Beach
- The Palms South Beach
- Miami The Palms
- Palms Miami
- The Palms Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, Florida