“An oasis 15 blocks north of So Beach”

The Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #29 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely resort/ hotel. Very nice service & beautiful grounds. The beach & pool area were excellent. We booked with breakfast included. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. The only negative is the area around the hotel. There is construction everywhere. There's a boardwalk along the ocean but there are numerous places where it's closed because of the construction. Once it's all complete it will be a great area.
We walked to So Beach for dinner each night (about 45 min) but were uncomfortable walking back.
Need to also note that the room was narrow & the platform bed legs stuck out. My husband hit his foot and/or knee multiple times trying to get past the beds.
Beautiful bathroom with a rain shower & nice amenities.
Would definitely stay here again if back in Miami beach.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for The Palms Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My boyfriend and I (I'm 33, he's 44) went for a long weekend getaway, Friday through Monday. We are both very social and like to have fun, but were also looking to relax. The hotel has a tropical oasis theme and the rooms are modern and very clean. We had a king size bed that was extremely comfortable. There were two separate bathrooms in our room--one with a toilet and sink and the other with a sink and stand up shower. The complimentary bath products were Aveda brand, good stuff. My only complaint (minor) was lack of counter space and space to get dressed/ready in the bathrooms. The staff was extremely attentive and the rooms and hotel were very clean. It felt more like a resort than a typical Miami hotel...but the location is only a 5-10 minute cab ride to the heart of South Beach. The food was great and we had a few lunches poolside. Drinks are always expensive in Miami, but we were pleasantly surprised to pay around $5-$6 for beers. I had mojitos most of the time and they were fresh and delicious. The hotel is right on the beach so you can walk out and the staff will make sure you have a beach chair and towel. There is a flag near the beach chair that you can stand up if you would like something to eat or drink and the staff will come right over to you on the beach. I also got a complimentary neck and shoulder massage in the pool area. There were two adorable and beautiful parrots in a small gazebo as well. Very neat! I would recommend this hotel for all age groups. Couples looking for a romantic getaway, friends looking for a fun weekend and families young and old. There were children in the pool but nothing bothersome. This hotel will provide you with the feeling of a resort with quick access to the action and party area a few minutes away in South Beach. FYI there is a $14/day service fee that you will be billed for at the end. This includes the beach towels and beach chairs. I highly recommend The Palms!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BostonVacationGirl
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We shared great experience at The Palms Hotel & Spa while we came to Miami for summer vacation. The hotel was opposite the beach, so it was very fresh and wild with sea smell. Our room was spacious, clean with had great sea view. It was so stunning to enjoy the sunrise and sunset moment from room window. So precious and fantastic. The most amazing thing of the hotel was out door swimming pool, I suppose. It was surrounded with tropical garden and coconut trees, so natural. I love it.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ggodoa
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The most striking aspect of the resort is the beautiful horticulture. The location is tremendous and only a $32 taxi fare from MIA. The breakfast buffet is popular for a reason, tremendous selection and good quality. The Palms does not offer balconies aside from the top floor suites, but the rooms were everything you would expect from a quality resort; plush linens, updated furnishings and a relaxing atmosphere. We did find it strange that the commode is in a separate bathroom from the shower and larger vanity, but everything was updated and clean. The overall hotel staff were very good, though the service at Essensia frequently reminded you that gratuity was included; in the bar I waited 20 minutes for the waitress to come by for my drink only to have to remind her about getting it in the first place...no apology was given. Aside from the lackluster restaurant staff, our stay at The Palms was excellent.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the mezzanine, tend to be quite noisy. We were originally booked in one, but...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brady B
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at The Palms Hotel & Spa some days ago and my stay was fantastic! The employees was very kind, the the pool area and the beach amazing and my room lovely! I had a standard room on 9th floor and it was really great, I've got two bathrooms with AVEDA products, a huge kingsize bed and a great view over the city.
The hotel have a laid back attitude which is really nice when you are on a relaxing holiday as I was.

I will difinetely come back some day!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MLundB
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Though I had a very good stay at the hotel in general, I was treated to a $120 surprise for a small package I had shipped to my home overseas by the hotel.

I had a few packages sent to the hotel before my stay, with the intent of taking them with me back home overseas. This worked perfectly, but one of the packages came late. I asked the hotel staff send it to my home address once it arrived. It took three reminders for this package to be shipped, but once the process got going everything went very fast. I received a fedex express international priority tracking number, without having had a chance to pick the shipment method of having been sent a quote.

I trusted the staff to be reasonable in picking the shipping method, but this was clearly a mistake. The package contents was a few grams, and the value a bit over over $20. Imagine my surprise when I got hit by a $120 bill from FedEx!

I complained by email and got no response. I called, and was assured that the responsible manager would call me back. After receiving no call for weeks, I called again and finally got somebody on the line to tell me. The person, unfortunately I did not get her name, was kind enough to go through the incident with me - but the hotel refused to take any responsibility. The lady kept saying that they trust FedEx, who is their vendor of choice for overseas shipments, and they have no responsibility and how much it costs to ship a package.

Certainly I was a fool to trust the staff, but I would've expected the hotel management to be understanding of the situation and offer some sort of compensation. No luck, and certainly no more visits to this otherwise nice place…

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was a great place to stay in Miami Beach. The hotel was very nice, with ample rooms. The hotel is located about 13 blocks from South Beach which was okay with us since we did wish to be in that area due to the noise at night. The on site dining is very good, but is a little expensive. You can walk to Lincoln Road where there is a lot of good eating places. There is no on site parking at the hotel, so you are better doing the valet parking. Overall our experience was very good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple