First off, book an ocean view room. There is no alternative in my opinion. I have no idea what the other rooms were like but I am sure they don't compare to the view we had when we woke up each morning.
We stayed as a couple for a week and really enjoyed ourselves. The staff, throughout our entire trip, were so attentive, helpful and nice. I'm sure they see a lot of faces come through their hotel but they seemed to remember us which was a nice touch.
The facilities were awesome in this hotel. Everything from the rooms, the little shop in the lobby, the restaurant, the pool area and of course, the beach. We really liked how the Tiki Bar and Beach was all integrated. You definitely didn't feel disconnected when you were out on the beach. Don't be fooled though, this place isn't cheap. At least according to my standards. $12 for a mixed drink, $70 for breakfast, etc. Also, be aware that an 18% gratuity is automatically added to every single bill so don't be too liberal on your tipping. This seemed to be a common thing throughout Miami and South Beach.
Anyways, from our vantage point, this was THE place to stay in this area. No other hotel seemed to compare to it. I walked up and down the boardwalk and nothing came close to the facilities at this place.
Overall, great place to stay but have that credit card ready.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront sanctuary in the heart of Miami Beach, just minutes from the South Beach entertainment district, The Palms Hotel & Spa combines refined service, laid-back sophistication and beachside serenity into a destination where wellness and environmental awareness are at the center of each guest experience. Enjoy freshly renovated lobby areas with an elegant colonial flair, a lush tropical garden oasis with secluded relaxation areas, a large swimming pool and comfortable lounges, cabanas and umbrellas at the pool and beach. Rooms offer either views of the ocean, tropical gardens or the cityscape, and feature flat-screen TVs, AVEDA toiletries, coffee makers, iPod docks and luxurious bedding. The hotel’s signature restaurant, ESSENSIA, offers local farm-to-table cuisine with unique Miami flavors on breezy covered terraces. The Lounge specializes on craft cocktails while the TIKI BAR offers casual fare and classic pool cocktails. The Palms AVEDA Spa offers a full-service salon, retail area and holistic spa treatments, delivering a highly personalized experience with rituals to awaken the senses. Inspired by the pristine environment surrounding the resort, tropical nature inspires all facets of the hotel, from the decor, to the products & services offered and its commitment to green practices. It is an independently owned and operated AAA 4-diamond rated hotel, a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle Collection and Florida Green Lodging certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel And Spa
- The Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms Hotel Miami Beach
- Palms South Beach
- The Palms South Beach
- Miami The Palms
- Palms Miami
- The Palms Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, Florida