“Not what I expected.”

The Palms Hotel & Spa
Ranked #30 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I booked my vacation through Expedia for A week at the Palm for 3, my husband and 14 yr old daughter , this included the flight and car rental. When we arrived at the palms, the only parking was a $35 a day valet parking or street meter parking for $1.75 an hour. The hotel offers breakfast for $25 a person. The cabana boys were trying to get my 14 yr olds phone number, I had to run him off a couple of times. Our room was not cleaned, they just dumped the trash, straightened the sheets, ( not change them). I also found a cockroach in my bed. I wish I had gone with my first instinct and booked it at The Trump Hotel for the same price. I would not go back. OVER PRICED FOR WHAT YOU GET.

8  Thank 3,000,000
Write a ReviewReviews (2,729)

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My parents, preteen son and I had a short stay here and had a great time. I liked it because it was on its own private beach. No boardwalk gawkers, foot traffic because boardwalk was closed right after Palms (to the south). Beach had beautiful large rocks as markers for north/south ends for a family picture. Pool and beach service was great with a good menu and fair prices for a resort. Didn't use Essensia restaurant on-site. There is a cafe and Subway about 2 blocks south for variety. Another restaurant across the street at Red. Lincoln Rd Mall area is about 7 min away by cab. One pool but very nice, family friendly. Private areas for sunbathing to get away from others if not family oriented. Large hammocks. Small green space for a few children kicking around a soccer ball. Beautiful area for weddings with large veranda. Spa very nice and reasonably priced, very friendly. Staff overall was wonderful. Resort was large enough to be private and relaxing but small enough to feel familiar with waitstaff. Fitness room was average but equipment nice. Rooms were relaxing, bed perfect, bathroom concept split if sharing a room, glass shower. Chocolates at the end of the day in-room.

1  Thank AlyssaS532
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was a great hotel and spa and completely lived up to our expectations. A romantic spot that was quiet and relaxing. The staf was friendly and accomading to all of our needs... We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RudyT2001
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Top location, top service, top rooms.. we had a nice 3-days stop over and enjoyed beach and the art deco center, the pool and the fitness aerea. The breakfast, especially the eggs and waffles are fantastic.

2  Thank annifrom
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for being our recent guests and for taking the time to review The Palms Hotel & Spa. We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our property and especially how much you enjoyed breakfast at Essensia. We look forward to welcoming you to The Palms next time that your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

great experience beautiful view friendly, clean great customer service. We definitely will go again. Private beach is the cool part white sand .my daughter loves the pool . only bad part alot of constructions going on outside the hotel.Thanks

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Naisha E
Alma C, Manager at The Palms Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Naisha E,
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to share with us your Palms experiences! I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for another perfect Palms experience.
Warm regards,
Alma Cue
The Palms Hotel & Spa Management

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We enjoyed the hotel and beach at this resort! Recommend if you like quality service and nice rooms. This is a green hotel and the food is fabulous! The only bad thing was everything was under construction around us. Short cab ride down to Lincoln and the nightlife!

Room Tip: Ocean view can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosie E
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I decided to have our wedding reception/ dinner at The Palms Hotel & Spa. We were onky having a small intimate dinner with about 30 gueats. We visited the location prior to our July wedding in Feb, and we were pleasantly satisfied with everything. The only thing werwe left curious about was the menu that we were going to have since the Essencia restaurant has a seasonal menu, so it changes every a season. The only menu we saw was the winter one which as a picky eater I was not to thrilled. We were also planning on having the dinner in the outside seating area near the pool. A few weeks before the wedding we got the menu and man did all the meals look appetizing. We also picked out our beverage menu which we got one red and one white wine, a red and white sangria, and a select few interesting craft beer. The wedding comes and like Florida we got rained out and we rushed to the hotel after our ceremony ended shortly. We got there and they had set up everything that we wanted outdoors inside to the small little sitting area to the left of the lounge. We were amazed about the kindness for the hotwl to move our event indoors due to the weather, and in all honesty it was the better choice. It was more intimate, the table was set up spanning the width of the area, and me and my wife were set up in a booth overlooking the table. Now comes the food, I got the Kale Ceaser Salad for Appetizer and the Tandoori Chicken for the main course, and my wife got the ceviche for appetizer and the steak for the main. I enjoyed the ceaser but enjoyed the steaka whole lot more than the chicken to which I heard a few other attendees had also. The white sangria was amazing, and every attendee thoroughly enjoyed their experience at the palms. After the dinner we made our way to the lounge and got a bottle to share, and the hotel does give a whole lot of mixers to use. The hotel room was beautiful and very comforting, the bathroom was stocked with aveeda products and that rain shower head was a great means of waking up. They had a keurig coffee maker in the room in which I did not get the chance to try. We did get to try the lunch menu which was just as good as the dinner selection. We scheduled everything with Elizabeth, and even though she was not personally there at the dinner, the person that replaced her had taken care of us just as good as Elizabeth had.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family