Message from TripAdvisor:

Review of Design Suites Miami Beach

Design Suites Miami Beach
Ranked #179 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“good hotel for the value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

After reading previous reviews, we were surprised to find everything we needed in this hotel. The room was spacious and clean, had a full sized refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom could use some renovation, but there was great water pressure in the shower, and lots of hot water. The beds were comfortable, and we had a great ocean view. The beach and pool were terrific. The valet parking was quick and convenient. The check-in was slow, but otherwise, no complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Facundo Y, Guest Relations Manager at Design Suites Miami Beach, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Hello!
Thank you for staying with Design Suites Miami.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our goal is to satisfy the needs of our customers.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Design Suites Miami

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Whoever reads this I am begging u not to stay here. Rude unprofessional staff. Dirty rooms filled with mold, bed bugs, roaches, exposed wiring everywhere and outlets with no covers. The faucet leaked all night in the bathroom. The elevators barely worked. One time the doors opened and the elevator car wasn't there! U could see right down the shaft!! If we hadn't been paying attention one of us could have fallen down the shaft! Really!?!?!? And on top of this there was trash everywhere! In the hallways, in the elevator, in the lobby and down the stairs to the valet stand! It was disgusting!!!! We couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning.....but it took over 20 min to get my car from the valet guys who acted as if they were doing me a favor by getting my car! Gross, disgusting bug infested run down place filled with rude people! Please do not stay here! It's not even a hotel..... It is falsely advertised as one but it is some kind of rental place. Any amenities u may need u must get them yourself because u can not get anything from them. Worst place on the planet!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Lisa A

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed with my wife and 2 daughters (3.5 years old and 9 months baby). Daily rate: US$210/night.
Room 845
- Pictures on the MiaVac site does not represent the reality;
- unprofessional staff;
- no clean towers are provided if needed;
- one toilet paper provided regardless how long you would stay. If you need more, buy yourself!
- Valet parking?? You must be joking!! Had to wait 20 minutes to get your car;
- Room service? Are you joking?
- You paid for the cleaning fees but it never happens; Likely when you checked out!!!
Stay away from this place.
I would NEVER recommend this for a friend!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in any other chain hotels would be better than Design Suites at Castle Beach provided by MiaVa...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank avchaves
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I booked this place in March for one night through Expedia for a great deal ($140/night), knowing that we were flying out the next day. Big mistake for the last day of our holidays.

First of all when we arrived the front entrance outside was packed with about 60 people waiting for cars (valet) and taxis and completely disorganized. I pulled up to unload my wife, daughter (2 yrs old), and our luggage at about 12 pm and the valet tried to charge me $4.00 just to unload! I said "no" and he did not press the issue further.

Second. The actual "lobby" is located downstairs in the basement under the real entrance of a separate hotel in a tiny little office which is hard to locate and difficult to access if you have lots of luggage.

Third. The desk staff were rude and took almomst 45 minutes to check us, and two other parties in all the while being smug, and never giving a decent explanation of why we were waiting so long.

Fourth. This is not a true hotel, it is a small booking office which lets out apartments owned by different individuals, and they do not tell you this anywhere.

Fifth. The rikitiki bar outside on the pool area looked decent enough and i asked the waiter what ti e they closed, and he said 10 pm, unless no one is here we close earlier. So i went down for dinner at about 8:30 pm with my daughter and ordered a beer and so e chicken strips and fries while waiting for my wife to join us. they brought my order out and then immediately began to move chairs, tables, etc away in order to close up! When my wife arrived, she attemted to order food and was told "no, we are closing!" At this point i had had enough and pointed out to the waiter that he had told me that they close at 10pm. He replied "only if there are people here." I lost my temper here and said " my wife is here! My daughter is here! I am here!"

The waiter said it was the owner who made the desicion so i went and spoke to him and to his benefit he said we are closing now but you can have your meal for free. I took the meal in a box and left, with my wife, daughter and I sharing our tiny chicken and chips meal in our hotel room completely ruining our evening as there is nothing close by the hotel for food.

We have travelled the world and stayed in everything from hostels, cabins, hotels, motels, resorts, apartments, in many backwater places in India, Africa, Indonesia and basically all 5 continents and we are not picky people, This was one of the worst experiences we have ever had anywhere period.

I gave this place one star only because the room was actually nice.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Cjwhitehouse1
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

If you like cockroaches and an unprofessional staff then by all means stay here. You get what you pay for. There was a permanent resident next to our suite who stayed up at all hours watching a very loud TV. The check in process is a joke, you have to go down to a lower level into a small office. Oh and good luck with the elevators, sooooo slow!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank rawsco_bico
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Shame on me for not checking the reviews on trip advisor which I always do before booking a room. But I booked thru flip key and it was last minute and forgot to come here to check reviews. This place was exactly like the majority of folks rated the place. It is very dated, dirty, and just darn right scary. There is a weird cheap cologne smell in the lobby and the staff there are unfriendly and not very helpful. Only positive thing I can say about the place is the view. Don't waste your money find another place to stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ldsc07
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I like probably everyone looking at this place chose it because it's right down the street from swank Miami Beach hotels like the Fontainebleu and it does have direct beach access. Well, if you are looking for an affordable place to stash your stuff and plan to spend 80% of your time out of the room, you can book here. Otherwise you can look forward to: a hotel which stinks of cigarettes everywhere, twenty minute wait time for the elevator, forty minute wait time for the mandatory valet, and super unfriendly staff everywhere.

• Stayed March 2014