“My Nights in HELL”

Geneva Hotel & Suites
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We arrived in Miami only to be treated rudely. The staff was more interested in eating his burrito then helping a guest. We arrived a day early, but I did call and was told no problem. The desk clerk did not know what to do and was getting irritated. This got straightened out and got our room keys. We were informed that there is an additional deposit of $50. I asked what is that for, "for late check out we keep the deposit". The clerk then informed us that there is no parking for guests and that we have park across the street at the Oceans Hotel (where we should have stayed); that was an addition $100 for our 5 day stay. When all said and done; we went to our room. A basic room nothing fancy. I posted pictures of the substandard items in this hotel room.

Come to find out that it is half hotel and half hostile. You can not imagine the noise from people partying and talking in the halls. We would have moved to another hotel but it was the week between Christmas and New Years and we had our dogs with us. Not too many options.

Every morning no hot water and on our last day no electricity. The phone did not work the entire we were there so you can't call the front desk. No breakfast as advertised on their web site. Pet friendly - only that they let them stay there. There is no green space for my dogs to do their business.

If I could give a half dot I would. Please DO NOT GO THERE. We were treated rudely and disrespected everyday. Go some place that appreciates you as a valued guest.

Room Tip: Read the reviews!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Scottienga

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The room was very large and clean. Beautiful original hardwood floors. The bed spread and curtains were old and outdated. Big bathroom. We had a room at the end of the hall, so it was pretty quiet.

The location is GREAT (two blocks from the beach) , thus making this room a good value. The continental breakfast was a little sparse: Nondescript breads in a plastic bag, but good coffee and juice.

The front desk help ware nice, not super friendly, but not rude.

For the money and location in South Beach, this hotel is a good deal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank luke47
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great price for South Beach,had a good time.Parking was expensive 15$ .The room was large and not noisy at all.Me and my wife stayed there 3 nights,she loved being across the street from beach .We will definetly return no other hotel can beat their price

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

My overall views of this place & staff :- Rude. Unhelpful. Grubby. Umcompromising. Customer always right? I don't think so. Makes Fawlty Towers on a bad day seem like Claridge's.
Would I return? No. Can I recommend it? No

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

this hotel is so below standard ..the elderly lady at the front desk is rude, demeaning, and unfriendly...the bed are so uncomfortable and the bath room are not clean
there is no order in this hotel peoples make noises all night.I was so disappointed with the over all service hotel of this will never stay there again

Room Tip: room on the the south side are a little better
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank beverley h
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel was dis-gus-TING! Where do I start!? There's urine all over the pillows, the sheets look like they should have been thrown away before the end of the 20th century, and I was not allowed to bring in my Chinchilla (SOO ridik)

do not stay here unless you want your animals to be rudely turned away at the door and your hair to smell like your toilet! geneva? more like genev-NO

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel is so below standard. The woman at the front desk is rude, demeaning, and unfriendly. The rooms are even worse than the lady at the front desk; the pillows have drool stains, the room smells, and the television in the room is straight out of the 1980s (while most standard hotels have flat screens). After scoping out the room for about one full minute, I requested a refund... They had the nerve to tell me, "This is a 2-star hotel and if you want quality you should have went to the Loews, we don't provide refunds." I ended up not getting a refund, and going across the street to the Loews hotel where the service and quality is beyond amazing. I am currently disputing the charge with the bank since the thieves at Parisian & Geneva have refused to willingly give me my money back.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family