Royal South Beach Hotel
US$424
US$303
US$238
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$441
US$204
US$345
US$314
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$241
US$204
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$170
Travelocity
US$272
US$199
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$461
US$421
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewssouth beachstudio apartmentbeach towelsmiamisobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Fun to stay in an original deco hotel that still has design details from the past. The uplifting modern decore and color scheme add to it's charm. Beds/linens very comfortable. Very clean. We were in Miami for a trade show at The Miami Convention Center which was approx a 10-15 minute walk, as is Lincoln Road, one of the shopping and restaurant row areas. Great shops and restaurants located nearby on Washington and Collins and the famous Ocean Ave one of the hottest spots for the scene in Miami. validating it's great location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Some of these reviews are very misleading and the professional photos taken have to be photo-shopped. Here are my complaints:
1.) There's very little lighting in the room.
2.) The room is so incredibly tiny and I don't feel it was clean at all.
3.) The bathroom is tiny and the room we stayed in didn't allow the bathroom door to stay open.
4.) You can feel the springs on the bed and they try to cover it up with a mattress pad... it's awful.
5.) There is no parking and they will charge you $27/night. Go to 7th & Collins garage for $20/night, but there is no in & out... I guess it's Miami?
6.) The small TV (I'd say maybe a 19") didn't work properly.

Obviously I knew there were no amenities going into it, but you're still paying $100+/night and would hope to receive something. The only thing you get are dirty chairs (think tailgate chairs) to take to the beach. The lobby can seat about 4 people and that's where they have their breakfast. We didn't even attempt as it was a ridiculous excuse for a breakfast.

The pros?
1.) An awesome bar below the hotel on Washington.
2.) A 2 block walk to the beach.

I wouldn't come back and stay there as I just didn't feel clean there. I guess if you're never going to be in your room and all you need is a place to "crash", sure, stay here.

Room Tip: I just wouldn't stay here if I were you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 506jillianp
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Ukrainian receptionist lady, who we had to deal with when we first got there, sucks dearly. Ivis is the absolute best! The area and rooms, though small, are fantastic. Right in the middle of SoBo.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank William G
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Clean medium sized room with a comfortable bed. Free included continental breakfast. Good air conditioning. Good rate from Groupon, $80 a night. I've seen rates of $400 which is too much. Three blocks to beach. Lots if nearby restaurants.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rammer2001
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We live in a studio apartment near this hotel. We have many visitors from Michigan and Minnesota and need a place for them to stay.
The Royal Hotel is a short walk to our apartment and to the beach. They provide morning coffee and breakfast and beachtowels and are helpful in every way.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends