The lobby smelled like mold or mildew and the hall carpets could use a good shampoo but the room itself was pretty clean. It definitely did not look as pictured, but similar. It was all white which is actually a good thing. You can't hide the dirt if everything is white. The marble floors were not very nice to walk on in bare feet.
All in all, if you're just looking for a cheap place to sleep in South Beach, then the Royal is not too bad. It's in a great location (3 blocks from the beach and right in the heart of SoBe) but hotel parking is non-existent unless you want to pay $30 for valet. We had good luck finding street parking on 6th. I definitely would not call this place a nice hotel, but it isn't a place that I would necessarily avoid in the future, provided the price is right (less the $70/night).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An newly restored ultra hip historic hotel in the heart of the Art Deco District. Rooms feature unique, futuristic furnishings. Hotel is featured in "Best Designed Hotels in North & South America." Italian marble floors, tile bathrooms, high quality down bedding, refrigerators, CD players, flat screen TV w/cable, etc. We now have kitchenettes and high speed Internet access in our rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal South Beach Condo
- Royal South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida