“Great Stay!”

Ranked #116 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Baku, Azerbaijan
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was my 2nd stay at Courtyard Miami and I was happy with my selection again. The hotel is perfectly located so it takes few minutes to go the beach, clubs and just hang around for shopping. The rooms are spacious, staff is very helpful so there is everything you need to enjoy your stay in the Miami South Beach. I would recommend this hotel to all!

Room Tip: I always go for higher floors to avoid the noice.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Emil R,

Thank you for staying with us again. I'm very happy that we met your expectations for your second trip. Thank you for the compliments and the recommendation and I hope you will continue to choose our hotel when you travel to Miami Beach.

Kind regards,
Nanyce Lanier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great central location, with awesome staff members! We stayed here on our very first trip to Miami and were pleased. The staff was friendly and we were able to check in before the standard check in time. During the course of our stay, a young lady named Carolina was very helpful and friendly. The doormen opened the door upon our return for daily outings and the housekeeping staff was accommodating. The room was clean and cozy. My only regret is that there was no hot tub. But the pool stayed open til midnight. It's hotel is great if you want a central location, close to Lincoln Rd, News Cafe, the Collins Ave shops and more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Niki M.

I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to Miami. Carolina is fantastic, we are very lucky to have her. Thank you for all the compliments to the staff. I am also happy to hear that the room was clean and cozy because that is definitely the goal. I really appreciate your business and the time you took to leave a positive review. Thank you again and we hope you'll visit in the future.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

If you have any questions about staying here, look no further. This hotel is clean, has friendly staff, and is in a great South Beach location. Now, for the details... We used to live in South Beach, so we are very familiar with the area. We were planning to stay at the Eden Roc, but we received an email about three weeks before our visit, that it would not be a Marriott property by the time we arrived. As such, I was so lucky to find this hotel. I got a regular rate, but it was very decent for the area. Check-in was super easy, no wait, and Eddie was so nice! Again, as a former resident, I know that South Beach hotel staff are not always the friendliest, but Eddie was professional and was always smiling! My elementary age son still talks about how nice the hotel smelled. It was very clean. There are two small elevators, and waiting for one is only an issue when you want to go to the rooftop pool since only one of the elevators goes there. I noticed some architects with blue prints, so I think the hotel is due for a renovation. Our room was spacious for South Beach standards, and again very clean. I'm glad there will be a renovation, as some of the fixtures were a bit worn, but nothing terrible. From the fourth floor, our view overlooked rooftops, and we could see the "clock tower." The toiletries included Paul Mitchell shampoo, conditioner, and two soaps. The only noise we heard in our room were some kids running in the hall upstairs, but it was infrequent and didn't bother us at all. The rooftop pool was lovely! Pool towels were provided, and the pool and deck were clean. You can see the ocean from the pool, and the views of South Beach were wonderful! We especially enjoyed the pool in the evenings. Oh, the hotel played nice music at the pool too! The ice machine is on the main floor along with laundry facilities (I didn't use the washing machine/dryers, so I can't comment). Others have mentioned the location. Yes, Club Madonna is across the street, and there is a club next door. We stayed during the week, but neither of these clubs bothered us. The area is safe and as a mother of a young child, I never felt unsafe. Valet parking is $28 per day, and the valet staff is great. They are friendly and fast! (Thanks, Waldo!). We did not eat at the breakfast in the lobby, but it always smelled good! There are lots of great restaurants in walking distance. Lincoln Road is one block away… many good choices there! I love Balans which is farther down closer to Alton Road. Also, I highly recommend La Provence (French Bakery) to pick up a quiche on your way to the beach. Public beach access is an easy three block walk. You go right by a Walgreens on your way. I rented a chair and umbrella for $36 on the beach. If you’re still reading this, you know I liked this hotel! The hotel is safe, clean, with friendly staff and within walking distance of everything you need in South Beach! This highly picky mother plans to stay here again during our next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sobe0206
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Sobe0206,

WOW! Thank you very much. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to read your comments. Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to write such a detailed positive review. You are definitely the type of guest that makes our job very enjoyable. Thank you again on behalf of our entire team. We look forward to your return in the future.

Best regards,
Cleveland, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The last time we stayed here, we had a terrific stay. This time, unfortunately, we were not so lucky. The hotel was packed and unbelievably loud. After the first night, they moved our room but it never got any better. Other guests were partying and yelling in the halls all night. We would keep calling down to the desk. They would come up and people would quiet down for a minute or two. After that, it would start up again. We couldn't wait to leave. We continued to complain but the manager said that he had no authority to do anything. Very disappointing because we really like the location but we will not be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BeachLover36
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Dear BeachLover36,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. I am even more disappointed that the issue was not corrected prior to your departure. I can assure you that unfortunately the issue was not handled by a manger. Any one of us would have removed the guest after the warning was not adhered to. I am very sorry for our mishandling of this situation and to hear you couldn't wait to leave. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you, please call me directly at the hotel to discuss.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

The two things that stand out about this hotel are the location and the personnel. The hotel is located very close to just about everything you want to walk to. It is very close to many of the large expensive hotels, but you don't have to pay the $$$ to be in the same location. The only choice for parking is valet parking, but opt for the valet parking because it is impossible to find a spot on your own. There are unlimited in's and out's. Waldo is in charge of the valet parking and he is so very friendly and helpful - he really made our stay there enjoyable. We did not eat breakfast there so I can't remark on that. The rooms are very clean and our room was quiet. We did not have a mini refrigerator which would have been nice, but here again, the cost of the accommodations were very reasonable for the location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear R0ckinn,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and did not experience any problems. We are in installing mini refrigerators in most of our rooms and will have this project completed by the end of the year. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will visit again.

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I've stayed here several times. I've been a regular room and their suite... I think as far as decor there's nothing spectacular about this hotel. Typical courtyard stuff... Orangey and purple every where.

But this hotel is very cozy. And what makes this hotel a favorite of mine is that it's so close to all the action. I mean lincoln rd. is like a block away. The ocean is 2 blocks. The clubs on washington are very accessible.

I've stayed at the other courtyard in north beach and it's a pain in the butt taking the bus to south beach and what not. whereas here: you can go to the beach... if you forget sunblock it's just a short walk.

The south beach local will take you close to wherever you need to be in south beach. That's if you don't wanna walk 10 blocks or so.

The staff is top notch. Very friendly. They are less hands on but that's the nature of the brand. It's a do it yourself kind of property for people that prefer less amenities for a better value.

There's a pretty sweet roof top pool. It closes like at 11 or something but we've managed to sneak in at 5 am for a quick dip (shhhh!!!). I hope their staff isn't reading this! heahhea..

The beds are comfy. There are some rooms that have 2 queens and a pull out couch. you can EASILY fit 5-6 people in those rooms. (shhhh you're not supposed to) and the rooms aren't small. At least not in the typical south beach sense of small.... The bathrooms are basic. Rooms are basic. But the whole property is pretty comfortable and in an ideal location. Definitely worth the stay...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sammy C
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Sammy C,

Thank you for continuing to come back to our hotel, I appreciate that. Although the nothing spectacular comment hurt a little, I value your opinion. Especially since you followed it up with how "cozy" you feel with us. That's a great compliment and we'll take it! I also appreciate your compliments to the staff; I agree that they are top notch. I was happy to read you enjoyed the pool, even after hours :) Thank you again and we hope you'll continue to choose our hotel when you visit south beach.

Dover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We really enjoyed ourselves from beginning to end, Close to everything we enjoy. Prices were great.. The staff was exceptional.. Food great. Rooms were clean and up to date. The family had a great time

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann Z
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear AnnZ,

Thank you so much for your visit! We're happy to hear that your family enjoyed their time with us. When we help our guests enjoy their vacation we have succeeded at our jobs, so thank you for the feedback. We're glad you all had "fun in the sun" and we hope you will visit again in the future.