“Great location and friendly staff”

Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
Ranked #116 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great location and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is two blocks from Lincoln road, two blocks from Espanola Way, and just a few blocks from the ocean. Very well situated for our needs.
It was surprisingly quiet even though there are a few clubs nearby and even a strip club directly across the street. Our room had two double beds and a pull-out sofa. The pool on the roof had a lovely view of the city. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and worked hard to meet our needs. I was impressed by that! We'll definitely stay here on our next trip to Miami! And stop by Charlotte bakery across the street for some fabulous carry- out South American food!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Tfloew
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Tfloew,

Great comments regarding the staff, we really appreciate. I'm also happy to hear that the location worked well for your needs. Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Nanyce Lanier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

The location of this hotel is right near Lincoln road and not a far walk to get to ocean drive for the beach. This was a great location to go to the famous Halloween on Lincoln Road. The only issues I had was parking which is $28.00 per day mandatory. The overall price was just over $200 for a non-weekend stay. Since parking space is very limited in south beach, I had to circle the block 6 times for spot to open up for the valet to park my car. There was not a hair dryer in the room on immediate entry. I was surprised one of those built ones on the wall was not in the room. The room was very nice and clean with an art deco feel. The lobby had a nice modern design on entry. A USA today and Wall Street journal was provided in the lobby. I had a double bed room with an adjoining door to the next room. I could easily hear the people next door through the door but luckily the people were not noisy at night when sleeping. There is a Five Guys burger and subway around corner in case you want to save on a meal. A Seven Eleven is also cross the street. The hotel is also near the famous Espanola Way. The valet was quick to get my car on leaving. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: You will need valet your car since no parking area is provided
1 Thank Billy B
Dear Billy B,

Thank you for the compliments and comments. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.

Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I chose the Courtyard South Beach for a quick one night stay. I wanted something centrally located in South Beach and this Courtyard definitely delivered on that. Getting here was especially easy and cheap from the Miami airport thanks to the Miami Beach Airport Flyer bus (route 150).

The hotel is located just south of the Lincoln Road Mall, with all of the shops, restaurants, and bars there just a short walk away. You're also only a couple short blocks west of the beach. The great hotels of Collins Avenue are close by too.

I arrived early and they didn't have a room yet, so I was unable to check-in right away. By 11:00 though, they called me and let me know my room was ready. The associates I encountered were all nice and helpful.

The room itself was pretty basic and a little worn around the edges. I didn't get the feeling it was very clean. For instance, there was someone else's hair in the shower and the area around the toilet didn't appear clean. If you're looking for anything beyond basic accommodations, I would select a different property. You can probably do better for the rates they charge.

The public areas of this hotel are quite nice. Especially great is the lobby, with a cafe area, comfortable seating, and workstations with computers. The rooftop pool is the best part of the hotel-- it's a nice pool and a great sundeck with plenty of chairs. Excellent views can be had from the pool area.

I probably would not choose to stay here again.

3 Thank Alex B
Dear Alex B,

Please accept my apologies for the room cleanliness issue you encountered. We take the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously and I regret you left with that feeling. We truly are one of the best hotels on south beach and we want to maintain the quality of our hotel. I would like the opportunity to follow up with the associate that cleaned and inspected your room for proper training. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to talk to you and gather your name and date of stay to properly follow up with the staff. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed for 1 night. Customer Service was great but the 1 bedroom room was very small and very outdated. Lobby and amenities are great. I know the location warrants very high hotel prices but I have stayed at over 40 different Courtyard by Marriott and this one is under par when it comes to room conditions. $28.00 for valet parking seemed expensive.

3 Thank Beachfinder66
Dear freerain,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear that you felt the room was small and outdated. We appreciate the compliments to our staff. Again, I am very sorry that you do not plan on returning. I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further if you have the opportunity. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

The good, great situation right on the beach, nice spacious rooms with sea views and amazing service from the staff
The bad - building work going on, so a lot of noise
The ugly - the breakfast, possibly the worst I have had. Tables dirty, grapefruit stale and horrible breakfast by American standards. Rather go to Starbucks in the lobby.

Room Tip: High with a view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank frankfurness
Dear frankfurness,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in a few places throughout the hotel, but I do not think this review belongs to our property. Our hotel does not offer views of the ocean from the room and we don't offer grapefruit in our restaurant. It seems that overall you enjoyed your stay with Marriott and I hope you will continue to choose our brand when you travel. Thank you!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I recently booked a trip for a entire week at this property. The staff has been nothing but friend and courteous with any request made. The staff was prompt and understanding. The rooftop pool was excellent as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Henry E.,

Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again in the future. I am happy you enjoyed your visit.

Brookline, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here one night for business. The hotel is centrally located on Miami Beach, with excellent amenities and a reasonabe price. The staff were very accomodating and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear foresterc,

Thank you for the compliments. We really appreciate your business and definitely look forward to your return. Thank you again!