“No thank you”

Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort
Ranked #131 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Rather disappointed about my stay here. First of all, they do not have parking or valet, so you are on your own in trying to figure out parking. This is problematic due to the fact they have a short driveway and there were a lot of cars parked there with no one directing or helping people load and unload their luggage. When I asked for a luggage cart to help us out, I was told that they only have three and they all went missing and do not know where they went.

Checked into my room. We booked a King Suite, since I had my family with me. The carpet was filthy. My 13-month old son, who just learned to walk, had his feet and socks turned black from the dirt in the carpet. Also, the suite is really two rooms with that were joined by a door. One room was kept as a bedroom and the other was converted into a living room. Normally this would not be a problem, but the doors that joined the room had no way of being opened from the other side, if closed. One morning, shortly after waking up (so the chain was bolted to the door of the bedroom), I walked into the living room to help my wife with something. My son, being 13-months, closed the door joining the rooms and we couldn't get back inside. When I tried to get help from hotel staff, they either didn't speak English or they moved at the speed of molasses. Eventually, I was able to free my son from the room by releasing the bolt using a plastic knife. 30 minutes after I did this, security finally came to help.

Lastly, while packing up to leave I looked under the sofa for my son's toys that might've fallen underneath it. What did I find? A used condom! It wasn't even far underneath the couch, it was near the front where my son could've easily reached for.

Needless to say, I will never stay at this hotel nor recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sbkfl

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort after a cruise to Bimini. We had some troubles with the cruise line and must have looked pretty tired upon arrival. We got upgraded after telling our story and got a great room with ocean view and a huge balcony.

Other reviews regarding parking wasn't a problem for us, there was plenty of space in the basement parking lot and surely beach side resorts have limited parking.

The room was spacious and tidy, all linens and towels where clean and the room smelled really nice. We had a couple of questions regarding the weight of our baggage and I needed to mail a letter - everything got sorted and the staff was very helpful.

We would definitely recommend this hotels to friends and family.

Room Tip: Common sense, being polite and a positive attitude will get you a lot!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rolfflor
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I higly recommend this hotel, nice location, friendly people, impecable cleanliness and room service. Employees always smiling and super close to the beach. Custom service was reaaaally hepful with my luggage lost in the airport, special thanks to Veronica Timpanaro & Donay Gonzalez for your help an dedication, definitely will stay here again, saludos!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Pablo G
Reviewed 30 May 2014

started not too good,reception guy had little patience at the time of booking in..security guards seemed to watch every move till i started staring back ..all ended ok though,room nice and clean and most of the staff were helpful and friendly..even security ..may of caught them on a off day..the hotel is next to the beech but have to travel for other attractions..nice (i think mexican) shop 100 yards down the road with a good assortment of food..wasnt prepared to pay $17 for a breakfast for one..cost $30 from airport to hotel..my brother and sister in law wouldn't go back due to the hassle of first booking in and reckoned bed uncomfortable but all in all its a nice stay and although going to another hotel down ocean drive to be nearer things i and my wife would have no problem going back here.ps sorry review is very late.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel Lobby, halls, and rooms really good you in the beach mood. We had a great view from our room. The pool closes at 6 pm and so does the little tiki bar. But, the courtyard marriott is just a couple blocks down the boardwalk. Their bar doesn't close until 11pm and you can just step in from the boardwalk. Very nice sized room with fridge. Very friendly staff. It's a long walk to the main area but this is a great place to stay!! You're right on the boardwalk!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rid4ever
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The personnel at Best Western were very helpful in both the reservation and with our stay. The room was clean. The hotel was by the beach and we had beautiful views from our room. I will definitely comeback to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Barbara R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review and your recent stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. I am very happy you enjoyed your time in Miami Beach and our hotel. We hope to see you back real soon!

Best Regards,

Barbara Romano

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great Place,Clean, Staff excellent.

Miami Beach is jumping, but also congested in this area. Parking is available in hotel with a limited # of spaces but a recommended parking garage about a block away was available. (Street parking
is also an option)

Room Tip: at this time May 2014 there is construction ongoing on the south side of hotel next door but it get...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. We are happy to hear enjoyed your stay. We hope you will consider us again when you return to Miami Beach.

Best Regards,