Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort
US$489
US$610
US$421
  • Pool
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$400
US$358
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$375
US$341
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$321
US$283
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$528
US$204
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$234
US$192
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$163
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$371
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
All reviewstime sharebbq areavolleyball courtbeach chairs and cabanasfire pitsouth beachfull kitchenbeach barthird floorup to dateliving areaan umbrellathe general managerart decopartial ocean viewspring breakupon check
Reviewed 28 April 2011

it was a nice hotel, 15 minute walk to main area on South beach. The staff were great & the room was very large.

Room Tip: Back of hotel, ocean side
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewfoundlandWilds
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

Thank you for your review! It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back to stay with us again!

Reviewed 1 August 2010

I'm a westgate owner (Orlando) but I decided to stay on South Beach for my week. The hotel staff is great and very helpful. The westgate has a store connected for quick stuff you may need. I had a pool/partial ocean view and it was good enough for me. The furniture does need to be updated. But it was great to walk on the broadwalk that was right off the hotel. I would go again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Deidre Q

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Cons

This is Westgate Resort is smallest and probably worst resort. The rooms are old, outdated, and noisy. Your best bet is to get a room on the third floor because the hotel is so old you can hear the people above you. Some people may like that the resort is right on the beach but there are better hotels in the same area that are on the beach. The location is in the low class part of Miami Beach between North Miami Beach and South Miami Beach (Historic Art Deco District). There were a few abandon buildings around and an old apartment next door. The parking was terrible. You have to hunt for a spot during the afternoon and don't move the car on the weekend if your planning on a short trip. Also, parking is $1 and hour and free from 6 pm to 8 am. The hotel was suppose to have discounted parking passes but the city never delivered them so, I ended up paying $8 to $10 on parking a couple of days.

Pros
The desk service and housekeeping was great. We had a few problems in the room but they solved them immediately. The outdoor amenities were nice. There was a small grocery store connected to the resort that had a few good food items. The kitchen was workable and had a lot of appliances. The bathrooms were updated and the room had a nice jacuzzi.

My wife and I would like to return to Miami Beach one day just not at this Resort.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jeshi5

Thank you so much for your review. We have made many improvements since you last stayed with us and hope that this experience does not deter you from staying at any of our other Westgate Resorts.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2010

My girlfriend and I went for vaca for a week in June and one word comes to mind. LOCATION! 15 min away from the airport, beach side, minutes from the Art Deco (strip) and 1:30 hrs away from the Keys!

The room was spotless upon arrival and the furniture was very up to par. We had beach view rooms on the second floor and it was very beautiful. Free coffee upon request. The hallways were also very clean and the staff was very helpful in making my vaca very comfortable and convenient. Ted the concierge was excellent, he knew the area very well and directed us in the right direction to all the fabulous sites of Miami. The pool was very nice and very well-maintained.

For dining, I suggest to get away from the touristy places and head north to Hollywood for some local flavor, may be 30 minutes away, but take Ocean Street and enjoy the view on the way there, it's amazing and well worth it!

The downside: Parking during the weekends was a headache because they don't have a lot of their own though, it's located right beside them and shared by the community. If ya can't find parking, there are lots of off property, a couple of streets in both directions and it works with the parking pass the hotel provides you. $6.50/day on the parking pass and they must be replaced by noon, so no early wake-up calls thankfully. During the weekday though, no problems.

Watch out for phantom charges, they tried to charge us for beach chairs ($15) in which we did not order and a few extra days for parking ($12-14). During the week housekeeping changed our bed linen and when asked again a couple of days later, they denied it but changed our towels.

Check-in time was at 3PM but they didn't have our rooms ready until 3:30. They did accomadate us beach view rooms on the second floor so I'm not complaining, Ted made sure of that and he was very professional about the situation.

The jacuzzi was mediocre and make sure to wash out any dead skin out of it for housekeeping appraently failed to do that.

All in all, it was a good week to be in Miami and Westgate made sure of that!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Greingo

Reviewed 1 May 2010

I loved my stay at the Westgate and would definitely go back. I have to agree with the reviews I read before I left (which set my expectations at the right spot).

The good:
-the staff were wonderful: Ted at the front desk was very helpful and super nice.
-the room has everything you need (kitchen, comfortable beds, large & clean bathroom)
-the resort has a little shop (sandwiches, coffee, alcohol, food supplies including some fresh fruit/veg, post cards & stamps -it's like a Quickie Mart)
-the resort is right on the beach & boardwalk!!!!!
-the pool area is small but very nice (cleanest resort pool I've ever been in; salt water pool)
-the walk down the boardwalk to Ocean Drive is amazingly beautiful and only took about 30 minutes (strolling)
-cab fare from Lincoln Ave and Collins to the resort is only $5 (add a couple of dollars if you cab from Ocean Drive)

The less good:
-the room furniture does need an update. we put down the extra sheets over the sofa before sitting on it.
-took awhile to get hot water in the shower & kitchen

I found it helpful to know before I went about the parking (in a city lot next door $6/day arranged by hotel) and the fact that the rooms were a little dated. I had also read about the noise factor for room facing Collins Ave, so I had made a request for a top floor, pool facing room (#317- view of pool, and partial ocean view).

I liked the fact that this was not a huge resort with a lot of people & noise. I will go back and would recommend the place for a great beach vacation including some fun on Ocean Drive!.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends