First trip to Miami Beach, I would have to agree with the previous reviews, the "resort" is not really close to south beach so they should really change their name to Westgate Miami Beach, also the afternoon receptionist dude was so inept and lazy, every time I came down I had to wait for him to come out from the back, he had to ask me the same question multiple times like he wasn't listening to me, and when I came down for towels he informed me that I would have to deal with housekeeping in the morning , which is not very good for customer service, secondly they nickel and dime you on everything, they have chairs on the beach with their logo on them but apperantly its a rental company which charges you to use them, can the "resort" not afford some chairs and offer them to their guests? They offer a buffet foe tours which is great but people who are spraying there have to pay for a hotdog, really?. They are attempting to fix up the run down place which is great, the outdoor place is very nice but two things to say about that, if you are doing construction work be considerate of your guests and tell them ahead of time, construction workers really don't care if you are laying out so I'm not surprised about that. And they really need to remove that nasty carpet everywhere and use tile, its easier to clean and it looks better. Oh and lastly they have a "manager" there that drives an infinity g35 or g37 grey coupe, and he really enjoys parking on the handicap spot next to resort , when I saw that I felt diagusted , not only was he rude, he never greeted us, he never asked if we were doing well, he just stared at my wife when we were around the "resort", but he abuses the system and parks his car in handicap spot and those poor people have to find another place. This place could be a great place to stay if they got rid of their incompetent employees and not nickel and dime every little thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort in beautiful Miami Beach, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home along with abundant onsite amenities, including beach access and a heated outdoor pool - all within minutes of South Florida attractions and walking distance to many area restaurants and specialty shops. Westgate South Beach offers something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Westgate South Beach Miami
- Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort Miami Beach, Florida