I made reservations five months in advance directly with the hotel. As this was going to be our families last vacation together before our oldest son goes off to college, we wanted it to be perfect. It turned out to be the worst vacation we have ever taken. I started with our reservations being made 5 months before our arrival. We paid for the stay at the time of our reservations, and called 10 days before our arrival to confirm our reservations. At this time we received directions on how to get to the resort from 95. After a 20 hour car ride from New Jersey, we arrived tired but eager to start our vacation. We choose this location becasue we wanted to be on the beach, in a condo, and with the boardwalk right in front of us so we could spend the entire week riding bikes and sitting by the ocean. It would have been perfect had we stayed there. Upon check in we were told by the rude front desk people that we would not be staying there because the resort was undergoing renovations. They told us that they would put us up in a hotel room in the port of miami, a 15 minute car ride to the beach and boardwalk. i called my friends who live in the area and they said where they wanted to put us was the worst area of town. We said this was not acceptable, at which time we wanted to speak to a manager, becasue at this time, good friday we had no place to stay, and they were not even attempting to help us. The manager refused to come out, they said he was out to lunch. After one hour of zero help from the staff we left with no place to stay, and not very much money. remember we had paid 5 months earlier, and were not planning on shelling out money for a place to stay. At no time when I confirmed my reservations did they mention we would not be staying there. To make a long story short t he whole resort was a scam, and they get your money, and place you somewhere else. PLEASE DO NOT EVER CONSIDER STAYING HERE. The staff could have cared less that we had no place to stay, and did not have the decency to even help us find a place, The Westgate Resort practices consumer fraud, and all should beware of this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort in beautiful Miami Beach, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home along with abundant onsite amenities, including beach access and a heated outdoor pool - all within minutes of South Florida attractions and walking distance to many area restaurants and specialty shops. Westgate South Beach offers something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Westgate South Beach Miami
- Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort Miami Beach, Florida