“Not Impressed”
Review of Venezia Hotel

Venezia Hotel
Ranked #203 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The room reminded me of a large prison cell. The door to the room looked like it had been kicked in several times and had gaps all the way around when it was shut so you could hear everythign going on in the hallway(our room was on the main floor down from the lobby). There were hairs and stains on the sheets so we slept with our clothes on, on top of the bedding. The laminate floors were warped. If all you need is a bed to sleep on and a bathroom and the price is outstandingly good then I would say, sure this place will fit your needs. Otherwise, I would steer clear.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff speak better spanish than english and 90% of the other travellers are also spanish speaking. The location is okay, if you stay more than 4 days you should definetly buy one week public transportation pass (28$) so that you can get easily to the south beach and around Miami. We walked mostly, it takes about 20min to walk to the lincoln road where all the shops and restaurants are.

Staff wasnt really that helpful, I dont know was it because they dont speak english that well or what but we got all the help we needed from elsewhere.

But the good thing is that the hotel Venezia is really inexpensive especially when comparing the prices to the hotels near to it. So if you are looking for a budget hotel in Miami beach I can recommend this one.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Diratra
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 nigth. Awful place but well located. Front desk staff very polite and friendly. Room very old, bathroom sink clogged shower average, no hair dryer, no NOTHING everything is old. Save your money.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I went to this hotel with my family in 2012 and we booked in advance by Expedia, never again..., We had to leave because the room was really dirty...so dirty that I got a skin rash. Spots on the bed, in the bathroom, many fresh spots on the carpet aso. We made photos and we explained the situation to the manager and showed him the room and the skin rash.. He gave us the adress of the owner, saw the rash and the dirt and said he would help us to get the money back, because we had to leave. We stayed for less than an hour.
We never got an answer not even after repeated emails, even sending all the photos and explaination a cpuple of times. Do I need to mention that we never got the money back???
We left and went to another hotel and were happy there for the 2 nights left, but we paid double for a hotel that does not meet minimum standards. We missed normal sanitary standard and a polite repsonse not to talk about money refund after leaving.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The worst hotel I've ever seen in the world, when I opened the door I felt I came back to world wars times , its room is like a hospital in World War II, no carpet on the floor. white sheets,3 parallel beds, and the worst thing was its smell. the bed and the room smelled like a poor hospital . I booked one queen bed but at this room there was 3 queen beds.. It was like a nightmare. every thing was so old and dirty. the AC was noisy and too cold . there was no blanket on all 3 beds, we were freezing.
NO PARKING LOT , we had to park 3 blocks farther, there wasn't any parking space near this hotel.
Difficult to find the address, this hotel even doesn't have a sign that shows its name! we passed it three times until we could find it .
If I slept at the street was better than spending one hour at this terrible motel.
Booking this motel =Throwing your money in the trash

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gagoolkhan
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The room smelled to humidity and cleanliness was abysmal..the rug was dirty, the restroom looked very awful. the breakfast is terrible. In brief this hotel is very old and is expensive, taking into account its quality.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Some friends and I chose this hotel because of the affordable price for spring break. The hotel is in a good location and the bus comes often to get you where you need to go. However, there is no free parking anywhere near this hotel. The rooms and elevator are horrible! The toilet kept getting stopped up and when calling the front desk for maintenance they took forever. They only give you one face towel per room even though it was 3 of us in a room. When we called for more, they asked why we weren't using the towels from the previous day or they said they didn't have more. The cleaning staff cleaned our room once and sometimes she didn't even clean the bathroom or she just changed the sheets on the bed but put the same cover. Lastly, my friends and I noticed that we had been itching and saw that a bed bug was crawling across the bed. We immediately called the front desk and they stated that there was nothing that they could do. THEY WOULDN'T EVEN GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK! We left that night, having to end our vacation early and have a open case with the Miami Beach Health Department. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: March 2013