“Fantastic Service,Location and Accommodation”
Review of Sagamore

Sagamore
Ranked #94 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Our stay at the Sagamore was fantastic.
We were taken to a room first of all and we were a little disappointed with the view and it was a little small for us with the kids. However because we had booked last minute and it was 4th July week we thought 'beggars can not be choosers'! We mentioned this to the the 'Bell Hop' (as he was known) Delroy,who went totally out of his way ! He contacted the front desk and came back with a few other rooms for us to look at. He showed us an amazing room with fantastic views that had just been vacated. He moved all of our luggage (again) to the top floor of the hotel and really went the extra mile to ensure we were happy. The room was fantastic,immaculate and perfect for us as a family.
The staff could not have been more helpful,particularly Delroy and Jeffery who worked at the Pool,who was always jovial and again went out of his way to ensure you had everything you needed and was fantastic with the kids.
This is an excellent boutique hotel that is great for families. You get a bit of sophistication and its also a great environment for kids. We did not feel constantly worried about keeping them on marching orders, as I have done in other up market hotels as the atmosphere was relaxed and they really embraced the children.
Breakfast was great, however a great addition would be to offer cereal at the buffet for the kids, but no complaints at all. The bar food around the pool was great for both us adults and for the kids.
The have some fantastic bungalows around the pool that i would defiantly try to book next time.
We will defiantly return.
Great location,we roller skated up to Ocean Drive each day but is just a 5/10 minute walk. Direct access to a great part of the beach and good little cafes,restaurants just outside the front door. Also just 1/2 block to the shops of that busy road I cannot remember the name !
Everyone was happy and we had a great stay.

Room Tip: Bungalows around the pool area are perfect for Families or The Pent House suites on 6th Floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,911)

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Good restaurant , I like personal, attention very good , clean, the pool is clean, food very good and attention personal I like , I recommended this hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Victor A
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Victor A,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review of Sagamore. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay with us.

Being a boutique property with a smaller number of rooms than some of our neighbors is what allows us to give the personal attention to our guests and can go a long way in someone’s experience here.

We are glad to know that you will recommend Sagamore and look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Actually it was my dear daughter who stayed here on june. Me and my wife went to visit every day and we found that the staff at the hotel it's polite and helpful 24/7. We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, which serves very good quality food. In fact, we had dinner there the next two days as well, and always asked for the same waitress, I think her name was Diane, who made our time very pleasant. Rooms seemed comfortable and roomservice it's very good, the woman who answered the phone was polite and she got us our mojitos in no time. I'm glad my daughter chose this hotel and I'm sure she will stay there next time she comes to visit!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

S S,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on our hotel and restaraunt. We are happy to hear that your daughter enjoyed her stay here and glad that you were able to get a taste of our wonderful in house restaraunt.

Being locals, we hope that you decide to join us again for dinner or perhaps lunch one day on our wonderful outdoor terrace area. Our restaraunt is open to the general public and we welcome everyone to come see for themself another part of Sagamore that makes us so special.

We hope that your daughter will return again to stay and we look forward to hosting you again at Sagamore.

Best, Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2012

My children and I stayed for four nights. We had a great stay mostly because the staff are so charming and helpful. A special mention has to be made for Gregory at the pool who really is truly one of the best things about the hotel. Always a smile and a joke and nothing is too much trouble.
Th e rooms are a good size but beginning to be dated , the fact file boasts the rooms were renovated mid 2000's , nearly time to do it again. Bathrooms are a good size but the thing that wasn't good was the state of the sofa bed. I was travelling with two children so chose a one bed suite with two over large singles with the plan that could put one of the kids on the sofa bed. Twas not to be, the sofa bed was hideously uncomfortable with a matress that positively curled up at the sides. Not comfortable even for a seven year old. Another thing which I didn't like was the 'art' cartoons playing by one of the elevators which mostly involved people being cut in two or other gratuitous violence. I had to stand in front of the screen each time we waited for the elevator as my daughter thought they were " horrid and scary " but I guess one persons drivel is another persons art but perhaps not appropriate if you have children staying in the hotel.
The sagamore plan is a must . $18 per adult for Internet , breakfast ( kids eat free) and a beach chair, really good value ESP if you have left hubby at home.
The concierges were really knowledgeable and helpful as were the front desk. As I said before whilst this is a nice hotel in a good location the staff really do make the place. I wish however the same could be said for some of our fellow guests one of whom was screaming obscenities at the children one evening and then knocking on the doors at five in the morning . Perhaps to be expected in Sobe and at least loud children get their revenge in the morning!
All in all I would recommend it and stay there again but not without checking the room's sofa bed first!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Tilmeg,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of Sagamore. We are happy to hear that you and your children had such a great stay and it is nice to hear that our staff had such an impact on your stay.

We like to think of ourself as a family freindly hotel and also being that we are a boutique proeprty with a smaller staff than surrounding larger properties, we also like to think of our staff as family as well. This allows us to provide service on a much more personal level and can go a long way in making one's stay here great.

We hope that you will continue to choose Sagamore in the future and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We have stayed at the Sagamore for several years and concur with the positive feed back guests have reported - helpful and friendly staff, good location, suites that are good choices for small families. We really enjoy this hotel. Except, less so this time (late June)

The reason for this low rating is due to the extremly loud and unrelenting music played by the adjacent Delano Hotel outdoor pool area. On weekends from noon to at least 2 AM the Delano ignites a poolside musical night club - the level of the music is so loud that the Sagamore pool area is overwhelmed with industrial noise levels of pulsing base.

The Sagamore staff was sympathetic to our complaints, but not able to do anything about it - "its Miami Beach after all." I even went over to speak with the security personnel at the Delano who said they would see what they could do - which was to turn it up a notch.

Meanwhile, in our east facing room, the base permeates the walls just as effectively as outside, making a peaceful experience virtually impossible. If you are sensitive to incessant loud music intruding on your vacation I would suggest contacting James (who dutifully replys to ever one of these reviews) to see if he has succeeded in negotiating a truce with the Delano before booking. The noise level is not trivial.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank C I

C I,

We appreciate your feedback after your recent stay here with us. We understand your frustrations with the music issues that you had while you were here and again would like to apologize as it seemed it had a negative impact on your overall experience.

We are in constanct contact with the surrounding properties and always try to make sure that our guests are aware of any events going on nearby and we also try to make sure that our guests are not inconvienced by this. We hope that you will indeed contiinue to return to Sagamore in the future as we are doing our best to keep noise complaints like this to an absolute minimum.

We again appreciate you choosing Sagamore and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband and I travelled to Miami for our 5th wedding anniversary (July 6th-11th). We travel frequently, but wanted to go somewhere which was within driving distance. We are from the Toronto area and it took us 24 hrs. to get to the Sagamore. I will narrow my description:
Postives:

Hotel: Clean, Art deco theme, Oceanview room 510 was wonderful, just 5 feet away from the beach and shopping. I also want to mention that on our anniversary the hotel left us a bottle of wine to celebrate...thanks!

Staff: Our encounter was very positive. We met some wonderful staff, felt like we were on a resort...great friendly people everywhere we went.

Pool: Music was at a good level and relaxing. The pool is not very big, but it is not over crowded either. Everything at the pool is free (towels, chairs, toys in the pool).

Breakfast: I had this included in my package. I am happy I did this since each morning we enjoyed bacon and eggs, fruit, breads, ect. Some people may want something more, but for us it worked and was worth the extra money.

Negatives (these do not necessarily reflect the hotel itself):

Parking: Do not drive if you do not have to. Parking at the hotel is $37USD a day. You can get anywhere from the hotel without a car. Most hotels on South Beach will charge you roughly $25 and up.

Day Trip to the Bahamas: Not worth your money! If you plan on visiting the Bahamas, book at least two days at a hotel there or do not bother. You spend more time on the ferry then you do in the Bahamas.

Prices: My husband and I ordered two drinks at the pool. The cost of those drinks plus the already included tip ran us $33USD dollars. South Beach is NOT a cheap place and really go after the tourists.

General information:

Sagamore: If you love art; you'll love staying here. If you want a place to simply kick your feet back and spend a peaceful time at the pool...well you've found your spot.

If you are looking to party each night and have games and entertainment at the pool...this is not the place for you. We were told that early on Sagamore was a party location, but because of their art collection it became costly when artifacts were destroyed. I personally liked the calm and relaxing atmosphere.

Barton G: we ate here for our anniversary. The food was great and the presentation was amazing, but you will spend at least $200USD for two people.

Shopping: Lincoln Road, well it wasn't my favourite place. Much of the shopping is similar to a every commerical shopping strip. I'd suggest getting out of the tourist district.

Hopefully this helps! ;)

Room Tip: Oceanview 510. Located at the back of the hotel right in the middle of all the action. You can see t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monimarz

Monimarz,

Thanks for the terrific 5 star review of our wonderful property. You are certainly correct about not needing a car when traveling to South Beach. Parking is at a premium here in South Beach and most places are just a short walk away or a few dollars in a taxi. Our location is perfect for anyone who does not want to drive and that is certainly a great benefit of Sagamore. There are also several other methods of public transportation should you choose to leave the "tourist" area and head to an area shopping mall.

We appreciate all the positive feedback you had about our property and we hope that you have found your new home away from home here at Sagamore. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2012

My friend and I chose this hotel for a stay at the end of July. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was friendly. The beach was beautiful, the pool was nice, and the pool staff was very helpful. The hotel is located right on the beach, from Lincoln Road, a pedestrian street with manhy shops and restaurants. On the beach chairs can be rented for $10 a day and umbrellas for $15 a day. Waiters service the area and cocktails and food as well is served to your chair. Our rooms were very clean and the food was good. The staff was very helpful and very pleasant even though sometimes we couldn'ty communicate well in English. Hey, but that's Miami, right? The only thing I found weird was the prices of the drinks; the girl who served us on the beach on these two days charged us different prices for the same drinks that we ordered from her and we also had to wait a bit too long for her to give us a service. The front desk was very helpful and I would like to compliment the front desk manager (I think his name is Dwight). Overall, our experience exceeded our expectations and we would definitely return to this hotel. Thanks, everybody.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Doly_g,

Thank you for your review of Sagamore. We are pleased to hear that you had a good time here. We greatly appreciate hearing such great feedback, especially in regards to our staff and there level of service.

We truly do value each and every one of our guests and we like to make sure that everyone leaves with the proper "Sagamore experience." We will be sure to pass along your great praise to our team and hope that Sagamore becomes your hotel of choice on South Beach.

Thanks again for choosing Sagamore!