My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Sagamore this past week. We enjoyed our stay. No complaints about the room or the staff. As many others have pointed out the location is ideal, in the heart of South beach, a block from Lincoln Road. The size of the hotel (the number of rooms) in my view is ideal, not too large that it's impersonal and not too small that it lacks services and amenities.
There were a few things we didn't like. The charge for wifi. When every coffee shop (big and small) offers free wifi, that some hotels still charge for it always makes me feel like I'm being nickled and dimed. Including wifi in the room price creates a lot of good will.
Our suite had large screen plasma TVs in both the living room and the bedroom but no HD. Picture quality was terrible. When I stay at a hotel that has amibitions of being a luxury hotel I expect the amenities to be equal to or better than my home, not worse. The week before we stayed at Sanibel Island and our suite had a new top of the line Samsung flatscreen with HD programing and we were amazed by and enjoyed the picture quality, which as much better than our TV at home. Watching non-HD football that is stretched to fit the screen is not fun. This may seem petty or a minor complaint but every time we turned on the TV we again felt like we were being nickled and dimed.
We also didn't like the charge for beach chairs and umbrella. There's no charge for using the chairs poolside, so why charge for those at the beach. I know most of the hotels at South Beach also chargefor beach chairs (some don't) but again it sees cheap. One of the attractions of South Beach is the beach (though many people seem to stay by the pool, which to me seems to defeat the purpose of a beach vacation) so why charge extra for allowing people to enjoy the beach. Again, it seems to be another instance of nickle and diming the guests. If the hotel inclued the charge in a "resort fee" it may be a little more palatable.
Despite the above comments we did enjoy our stay and would certainly recommend the Sagamore. I am also impressed that the management responds to the comments posted on TripAdvisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Suite Hotel, guest rooms with individual decors, private art collections; set on the ocean, near convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sagamore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sagamore Miami Beach, Florida
- Sagamore Hotel Miami Beach