I always read other people's comments on tripadvisor but this is the first review I have done. The sagamore is a good hotel. We stayed in a garden bungalow for 10 nights which was very nice and spacious. It had a fridge freezer, microwave a two ringed hob, kettle and toaster ideal if you want to have the odd lunch or snack in. Unfortunately they don't provide any cutlery or plates/pans etc so you really can't cater. I am gluten intolerant and have to be careful what I eat so being able to make the odd snack in the bungalow would have been an advantage, obviously they want you to use their room service or restaurant. This was unfortunate as this is one of the reasons I booked the sagamore.
Having said that we had the breakfast deal and although I was limited on what I could eat, my husband and daughter were ok but even they commented that although the choice was good it never varied.
The staff were all very courteous and helpful, reception gave us a nice welcome when we arrived and we were shown to our bungalow. Maintenance were great when we had a problem with the fridge and promptly delivered a replacement. The only miserable employee we encountered was the pool guy Gregory who on our first morning at the pool barely acknowledged our presence. I think because we sat on the sun loungers we wanted before we realised he set them up for you and when I asked for a parasol he just sighed. For this reason I didn't tip him, maybe it's a British thing we tip for good customer service and I felt we didn't get it. From then on he basically ignored us every morning for the rest of our stay. I watched each morning and it seems if you tipped him you got conversation and nothing if you didn't. I think this needs addressing.
Overall we did enjoy our stay and I don't want this sound like a negative review, I just wanted to give my honest opinion and would if we are ever in miami would stay there again for all it's good points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Suite Hotel, guest rooms with individual decors, private art collections; set on the ocean, near convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp and Booking.com so you can book your Sagamore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sagamore Miami Beach, Florida
- Sagamore Hotel Miami Beach