“Good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I always read other people's comments on tripadvisor but this is the first review I have done. The sagamore is a good hotel. We stayed in a garden bungalow for 10 nights which was very nice and spacious. It had a fridge freezer, microwave a two ringed hob, kettle and toaster ideal if you want to have the odd lunch or snack in. Unfortunately they don't provide any cutlery or plates/pans etc so you really can't cater. I am gluten intolerant and have to be careful what I eat so being able to make the odd snack in the bungalow would have been an advantage, obviously they want you to use their room service or restaurant. This was unfortunate as this is one of the reasons I booked the sagamore.

Having said that we had the breakfast deal and although I was limited on what I could eat, my husband and daughter were ok but even they commented that although the choice was good it never varied.

The staff were all very courteous and helpful, reception gave us a nice welcome when we arrived and we were shown to our bungalow. Maintenance were great when we had a problem with the fridge and promptly delivered a replacement. The only miserable employee we encountered was the pool guy Gregory who on our first morning at the pool barely acknowledged our presence. I think because we sat on the sun loungers we wanted before we realised he set them up for you and when I asked for a parasol he just sighed. For this reason I didn't tip him, maybe it's a British thing we tip for good customer service and I felt we didn't get it. From then on he basically ignored us every morning for the rest of our stay. I watched each morning and it seems if you tipped him you got conversation and nothing if you didn't. I think this needs addressing.

Overall we did enjoy our stay and I don't want this sound like a negative review, I just wanted to give my honest opinion and would if we are ever in miami would stay there again for all it's good points.

Room Tip: Garden bungalow we had very spacious
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joanne T
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Joanne T,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay. I apologize for the small hiccups in your stay but happy to hear that your overall experience was positive. We do provide cutlery and plates, pots and pans etc. upon request and I apologize that this information was not provided to you. One of the great benefits of the bungalow is the kitchenette area which definitely can come in handy for extended stays such as yours.

In regards to your experience at our pool we do apologize as well if you felt that you were not getting the proper service as our staff is one of the main reasons we have such a high number of repeat guests.

We again thank you for choosing Sagamore and look forward to the opportunity to provide you with a stellar stay on your next visit to Miami. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you would like to return so I may assist in the reservations.

James D'Agostino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed here several years ago, was keen to return and was happy with my choice. Stayed in a one bedroom Sagamore suite which didn't have a view and was a little tatty in places (hence only a 4-star rating from me) but very spacious, comfortable and an amazing bed. Internet worked well - fast and didn't drop out. One niggle - they never replenished the (Aveda) bathroom toiletries - I had to call housekeeping daily to get new ones.

The public rooms are lovely, stylish white minimalist design filled with great art and furniture. A peaceful place to hang out. Hotel restaurant was good too - very reasonably priced and did great pizza, pasta, steaks (but not much atmosphere - I was frequently the only person there!)

Has a small "gym" with a few running machines and some free weights - not great, but managed to work out all the same. Pool area is nice with some good soft padded furniture. Pool is not deep either - good for families.

Reception and concierge staff were all helpful and friendly. They suggested a special package which included internet, breakfast and beach sunbeds for $15 (?) per person per day - well worth it. The breakfast was fine - fruit, cereals, breads, pancakes, eggs and bacon.

The Sagamore may not have the fame of certain other South Beach hotels but it is certainly worth a look. It's unpretentious, well-priced, interestingly adorned and a generally pleasant, comfortable place to stay. Go there!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms don't have a sea/beach view - but worth asking for one at checkin
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Adampies,

We are thrilled that you returned to Sagamore for another visit. We are glad that we were able to provide you with another great stay and repeat clients like yourself are a testament to the great level of service our staff provides while at the same time allowing for a relaxing stay.

I apologize that your amenities were not replaced daily as our Aveda products are definitely an item that are well appreciated by our guests. We hope that Sagamore will remain your hotel of choice here on South Beach and we look forward to hosting you in the many years to come.

Thanks for choosing Sagamore!

Park City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I do business down in Miami every July and after trying several other hotels I finally landed at the Sagamore hotel for the last 3 years.
The hotel is not only beautiful but very unique. It is called the "art hotel" and has several contemporary pieces displayed throughout. I was able to get the suite with the pool and ocean view. It was truly stunning while also being cozy and comfortable. The pool is lovely and Mickey the bartender is a friendly,familiar face every year. Makes your drink, takes your food order and brings it all to you at your chair! I choose to stay here every year and have many choices- so you know that is a good sign. I also recommend taking advantage of the concierge services for food and entertainment recommendations.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Rhonda T,

Thanks for the terrific 5 star review of Sagamore. We are happy to hear that we have become your home away from home when traveling to Miami.

Our ocean view suites are definitely worth the additional charge as they do provide stunning views and a nice balcony to take in those views perhaps with one of Mickeys famous cocktails.

Our staff is great at recognizing the familiar faces that return year after year and being a boutique property allows us the ability to provide that unique experience. Whether on business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back to Sagamore for another exemplary stay.

Matawan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed at the Sagamore recently. Amazing! The suite we had was perfect. Nice view of the garden. Lobby is big and welcoming. All of the staff was pleasant and extremely courteous. Opening doors for us...the whole nine! Very clean. Very prompt with any room requests. I'm definitely going to stay there again. It's in a great location too...the beach is just beyond the garden and pool. There are stores all around you so you can walk to everything.

Room Tip: Any of the "10s" 310, 410' 510. They have nice private bedroom with no windows but the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Graciecakes324,

Thanks for your positive review after your recent trip to Sagamore. We are delighted you had such a great stay. Our staff takes great pride in providing everyone with a memorable stay while here and it is obvious that you took notice of this.

We hope to see you again in the future so that we may provide you with an even better stay! Thanks again for choosing Sagamore!

Marrero, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great stay at the sagamore. Brought my adult children to Miami, for the first time. Stayed in a Bungalow! Very roomy & comfortable for the 4 of us. Most hotels in Miami are small. It was also nice staying on the ground floor. No stairs or elevators to deal with. Service was great.
Only complaint, dont expect the lobby bar to be open!!

• Stayed July 2013
Joni T,

Thanks for your review of Sagamore. Our bungalows are the perfect size for a family of four or even a couple that is just looking for a little extra space on a long weekend stay. Not only does Sagamore have some of the largest suites on the beach, but our location is second to none when it comes to being in the heart of South Beach.

There are many clubs, restaurants, and bars within walking distance however our lobby bar is usually only open when the weather does not cooperate with us having our terrific pool bar open.

We hope to welcome you back to Sagamore real soon and we thank you again for your stay with us.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I booked a bungalow at the Sagamore for a surprise birthday party on Saturday, July 13th. I couldn't have been happier with my decision. From unloading my SUV full of coolers, bags and decorations, to bus bins full of ice and a bunch of additional requests, the staff at the Sagamore was friendly, gracious, and extremely accommodating. It had been raining all week and ended up pouring rain through a large portion of the evening, but being at the Sagamore truly made what could've turned out to be a disaster, a huge success. It's location is unbeatable (we went to the Skybar at the Shore Club to round out the evening) and the amenities were exactly what we needed.

The artwork, facilities and ambiance exude South Beach in every way -- clean, polished and stylish, I actually wish I had more time to spend in the common areas! I did not have an opportunity to eat at the hotel so I cannot comment about that, however I did have some time to spend at the pool. While not big, the beach entry and wet edge were very cool features. The lounge chairs were cushioned and probably the most comfortable I've ever laid on.

The only part of the hotel I felt wasn't completely kept up was that the bottom of the cabinets in our room looked like there was some water damage. Other than that, I really have no complaints! Thanks to the staff at the Sagamore -- I hope to have another opportunity to stay and enjoy the hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Catina223,

We are delighted that chose Sagamore as your destination for your birthday celebration . We are pleased to hear that our staff was so accommodating to all the requests you made and did their part to ensure your celebration went off without a hitch.

We definitely urge you on your next visit to sample some of the many great menu items we have, especially the homemade pizzas which are prepared by our chef in our brick oven.

We look forward indeed to welcoming you back again and hopefully on your next visit you can enjoy the other features of the hotel which make it so special. Thanks again for choosing Sagamore!

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

The Sagamore Art Hotel is a fantastic hotel in the best location in SoBe. The staff was great as well as food and fun in the sun! We can hardly wait to return! We were set to stay for four nights and extended to six we were so happy! This was our second stay and it seemed better than the last! Hope the third time will be even better!

Room Tip: The Suites are our faves!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hrhjwb,

Thanks for your terrific review of Sagamore. It is obvious that you truly did enjoy your time here. Extending a stay on a whim happens to many people here once they get used to the hotels peaceful environment and wonderful amenities.

We will in fact do our best to make certain that your third stay will be even better and your fourth stay better than that! We look forward to welcoming you back to Sagamore many times in the future.