“Amazing Hospitality”

Ranked #84 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Hospitality”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been apart of the hospitality industry for almost 15 years and I can truly say that this team by far is welcoming, genuine and very pleasant! From the moment that we walked into the lobby we were greeted by Linford who took great care of us! We arrived early and needed to sort out a few things on our end and while we did Linford arranged for us to check in early! (After and early morning flight the last thing you want to do is kill time while you wait until an afternoon check-in) The hotel is beautiful and well maintained!! In addition we had a great experience with George at the pool! He took very good care of us even after the pool was closing for the evening, by providing us towels for the next day when we wanted to go out for an early morning stroll on the beach! Once we got to the beach Corey took great care of us by providing us with attentive customer service on the beach. I travel and stay at hotels at least 5-9 times a year and I truly wish that this team was at every hotel that I stay at in the future because they truly made our stay A++!
The hotel its self is a great choice! It is close enough to everything to walk if you want to be apart of the "south beach" and :ocean drive" scene and yet far enough that once you get back you are in your own private oasis!
If you are looking for a hotel filled with art deco and easy on the eye with great hospitality than this is your hotel!!!

Thanks So much!!

Zena from Pa

Room Tip: Go for the 2 story bungalow on the ground level!! Especially if you have 4 people!! The perfect amou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zena H
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Zena H,

Thanks for your excellent 5 star review of Sagamore. We are very pleased that you had such a great experience while here with us.

Our staff truly is the backbone of this property and is one of the main factors in our overall ranking here on trip advisor. From the front of the house to the back, each and every team member here knows the true meaning of customer service and does their part to ensure every guest that leaves here does so with a great overall experience. We will be sure to share your great praise with Linford, Corey as well as the rest of the team here who made your stay so wonderful.

Thanks again for choosing Sagamore and we will see you next time!

Best Regards,
James D'Agostino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I wish to share the great experience that my wife and I had during our recent trip to South Beach. We have stayed at about 15 different hotels over the 20+ years we have been traveling to South Beach but the experience that we had at the Sagamore was the best yet. From the doormen at the entrance to the front desk, concierge and housecleaning, everyone was friendly and helpful. When my wife informed the front desk that it was our fourth stay at the Sagamore, she cheerily upgraded our standard room to the wonderfully secluded privacy of the Bungalows. Our room was the size of an apartment with two stories and a ocean view patio on each. The pool staff was very service minded without being intrusive on our relaxation. While not the newest property on the beach, the Sagamore definitely set the standard for those that followed, with the chic, artsy decor looking every bit as fashionable as when it opened. A great location near shops and restaurants completes the picture. We look forward to our next trip to South Beach and a stay at the Sagamore. We only wish we could return sooner.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are a great bargain and large by South Beach standards, but the bungalows are a super...
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Sagamore was a good choice-off the noisy strip but walkable to it all! Beach front property (which is why we picked it) and nice pool area. The staff was very accommodating to any request and pleasant. Room was very clean. We enjoyed Mickey at the pool bar, who made great drinks and was very friendly. The lunch at the pool was also very good. Enjoyed the whole Miami beach scene. We also went to the Everglades, which was only 45 minutes away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Janice D
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 26 May 2014

When we arrived at the Sagamore we were impressed by the clean, white and artistic feel of the lobby. We were also expecting a big room according to the description on the website, but were even more impressed how huge it was. Room was facing Collins Ave. and we were afraid it would be noisy during the night, but it wasn't. Bed was very comfy and we slept well. The design / furniture in the rooms was nice, however you could see the evidence of past years intense usage on the white couch, the table, the tiles and the drawers. Just another evidence that white furniture in hotels look great the first year or so, but not much longer. The room also had a kitchenette, but we could barely use it, as there was neither cutlery nor any cups or plates.
Pool area was very nice, had good food but we preferred the beach (just 2 minutes walk away), where there was also very friendly staff preparing the comfortable beach chairs and provided drinks and food to your preference. Staff was in general very friendly and helpful.
A very special thanks goes to Tatsiana, the concierge, who provided as with excellent recommendations for dining and sightseeing.
Overall, we enjoyed the stay at the Sagamore very much and would choose it again for our next stay at Miami Beach.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very friendly staff, well positioned and clean. Initially given room at front of hotel which was not as nice as we had expected from the website photos it was looked onto Collins ave which produced so much street noise at night that none of us could sleep. We asked next morning to be moved because of this and were moved to one at the side of the hotel which although it had no view to speak of was much quieter and of the standard we had expected. The staff were very prompt in sorting out our complaint. We had booked the room for three and paid the resort fee but even so we were only allowed 2 Sun pointers on the beach and were told we would have to pay extra for the third one which seems unfair also the sofa bed our daughter slept on was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I usually dont write reviews but I said if this hotel lives up to my expectations I will. The Sagamore surpassed my expectations. I stayed at this hotel with two of my friends and we had a blast! The staff was super friendly and it was write on the beach. We literally layed on the beach all day (beach chairs and umbrellas came with the room) and had drinks brought out to us. Amazing! Oh and not to mention the fab decor of the hotel made for a great photo op for my friends and I.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank RoyallyCurly .
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I were interested in having a short vacation in Miami and I have stayed at many of the well known popular South Beach hotels. However, only one hotel stands out in my mind when I desire personalised service, amazing food / drinks, well appointed rooms and beach front location. Quite simply, the Sagamore hotel ticks all of the boxes. The day before I was due to arrive, I had called the Sagamore and spoke to the front desk receptionist who took note of my request for a high floor room and arranged transportation for my wife and I from the airport. From that point forward, our vacation was on cruise control. Upon arrival, we were greeted with smiles from the valet and front desk staff. They were extremely helpful and accommodating.

The pool staff ( Mikel, Zora and Gregory ) are expert level practitioners in the area of customer service. These guys did not miss a beat. Our glasses were never empty and they addressed us by our first names for the duration of our stay. I was quite impressed, considering the hotel was fully booked.

Now onto the food… I HIGHLY recommend the Tuna Crudo for anyone who fancies raw tuna, the portion is big enough to consume as a meal and the taste is to die for. I personally had to tell the chef how good it tasted.

The room was cleaned perfectly everyday, and extra towels were supplied without being requested.

The bottom line is I feel like a king when I stay at the Sagamore, and I personally think you get the best value for money staying at this hotel. I’m looking forward to returning asap!!!

THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an ocean view!
1 Thank mminiutti