“Great, great staff and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hotel of South Beach

The Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #19 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
tetbury
“Great, great staff and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

2 days spent at this hotel just before christmas was not enough. From arriving at the front desk to leaving in a cab, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Service was attentive without being overbearing, with each member reliably enthusiastic. John on the concierge desk seemingly knows everything and everyone in Miami and always had a great suggestion for any query.

Only minor gripe was the small room (103) which did not have an opening window or view, however, the room was well equipped and acceptable for an overnight stay.

Overall a really enjoyable stay at a lovely hotel made great by the excellent staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, preferably above the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at The Hotel for three Christmas days coming from New York and Key West before returning to Norway. The Hotels staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. We were actually smiling the entire stay. Especially thanks to David at the front desk and the surprising upgrade we received up on arrival, and to Concierge John whose interest and knowledge made our smiles even wider. The Penthouse on the 4th floor was privately placed next to the rooftop pool and the small, but efficient gym. Fantastic location. This is a no brainer, we’re definitely coming back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tone B
Washington State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Just a short one-night stay, prior to heading to Key West the next day. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and we got upgraded us to a quiet room, which we appreciated- as we enjoy South Beach more for the art-deco design than the all-night partying. Enjoyed the rooftop deck with the complimentary signature drink, after dark, which can be quite romantic.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for my birthday vacation with my baby daughter 2 yrs old , we were greeted upon our late arrival by Daniel, who was very helpful and actually helped us get a more comfortable room with a king size bed since we had a baby.
Our overall stay at The. Hotel was very pleasant, the staff was so kind and sweet with my little girl , she always wanted to go to the lobby to see her friends David, Daniel, John, and all the other guys.....Thank you so much ,
They provided me with a crib for my daughter and helped me with baby needs as well, nothing seemed like a problem for them.
The pool is very nice as well for relaxing or having a drink, fresh towels, water and a nice view.
We felt at home after staying there 9 days..... And my daughter really had a good time and knew the staffs names , as they were so friendly with her.
This does not happen too often in many hotels

I definetely would recommend this Hotel for all these reasons and for it's awesome location.

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Hotel has a great location one block from Ocean Drive and the staff are very friendly/helpful. The rooftop pool is ok with views of the sea. This is only a small basic hotel which served its purpose for our 48hrs stay, but it could be a cracking boutique hotel if they spent some money on the interior. Hotel lobby and dining/bar area lacked atmosphere, the rooms were basic and the furniture dated, room safe archaic but functional.

Not sure we would stay here again but based on the amount of times individual hotel staff asked us to review them on Tripadvisor, I have no doubt it will keep improving. Consequently I would recommend for short stay only based on strong location.

Room Tip: Only a four storey hotel with a single penthouse on the 4th floor. Book this for some views if budge...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I recently stayed at The Hotel in Miami Beach, I was traveling home for the holidays and had to make it somewhere warm quick. I booked in the morning and I checked in at noon. Great experience booking and checking in. I had a few hours to kill before my flight the next afternoon, got some good advice from the concierge and made my way for some last minute shopping. Following the short stroll to the shops spending the last of my Christmas money on presents for the family I returned to the hotel.

Received a voucher for a welcome beverage on the roof, enjoyed my beverage watching the sun set with the cruise ship departing. It is a nice place for a night cap, I'm sure it is a great spot when it is busy.

After having a shower I got some advice from the staff for the best steak house, again just a short walk from The Hotel. The shower was slow draining and the curb less shower started flooding the bathroom. Not a huge problem for me but it could cause a concern for some.

I would suggest they upgrade the in room safe. I didn't feel very safe about the condition of mine. All and all my short stay was a great stay, no complaints from this guy.

Kudos to all.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed it tremendously. Hotel is in a great location in South Beach (8th and Collins). The beach is a block away, nice restaurants and designer stores are within walking distance. It is a quite spot in a middle of a really busy, touristy area in Miami (Ocean Drive is a block away). Gym and pool are a highlight and are located on the roof with great views, which is the 4th floor I believe so it is not a tall hotel. If you are seeking a large, bustling, resort style hotel with many restaurants, more than one pool, a big lobby, etc., than it is best to go elsewhere. We had breakfast at the on-site restaurant one day and liked it in comparison to nearby cafes and was a nice change, although generally we have had better breakfasts as it is a big deal for us and would consider the food here average (although difficult to find anything better nearby). Staff were very friendly as testified by other tripadvisor members, and did go above and beyond. Concierge services was spot on when we booked a couple tours. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family

Room Tip: We had a Designer room on the third floor overlooking the court yard restaurant below. It was large...