“GREAT Hotel!!!”

Ranked #21 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Kenmore, New York
“GREAT Hotel!!!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My friends and I LOVED The Hotel!!! John, our concierge was great at restaurant recommendations and reservations!!! Complimentary "Spire" drink was delicious!!! Pool and pool bar were FABULOUS!!! Great coffee and breakfast sandwich as well as fruit, granola and yogurt. Had a salad at lunchtime--VERY fresh and perfect for us!!! Would highly recommend this hotel for its service AND location--short walk to the beach and to restaurants and bars!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

If you can't decide from the long list of hotels look no further!

Me and my boyfriend took our First trip to Southbeach last year October for a last minute getaway. After further review The Hotel had the best customer feedback online and long and behold they definitely live up to their name!

The staff are all very Welcoming and make you feel right at home from the time you arrive. We were quickly checked in and brought to our room in a matter of minutes.

Rooms are nice and kept Very Clean! Room service day to day was awesome too. Easy to sleep in its very quiet even with construction going on at that time it never reached us in our room.

There's so much to see and do me and my boyfriend didn't know where to start. The staff were very informative and helped us through it all from the best places to eat, and the places to explore. We were in Southbeach around the time of the Miami heat game season opener (and I wish I remembered his name because this review is long overdue) but one of the staff went above and beyond to get us last minute tickets for the best prices and seats possible (which was an experience of a lifetime btw!)

The rooftop pool and patio is awesome pool is smaller then it looks but overall relaxing place to be and nice amenity to have footsteps from your room.

Their in house gym was a nice amenity to have as well we used it as often as possible to keep up with our workouts whenever we could. Has all the fundamentals that you need!

I wish I remembered all the staffs names that helped us out when we were there because you all were so wonderful, but I'm sure we'll see you soon cause when we go back were definitely rebooking with The Hotel of Southbeach!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Goldman P, Manager at The Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this amazing review.
The Hotel of south Beach and all its staff take pride into bringing happiness to our guests. We all love what we do and as you mentioned, it shows...

Please let us know of your next visit, you can contact us directly. Become a Gold Card member on our website and receive Continental breakfast, free upgrade upon availability, 10% off food and beverage... and more, just for being our special repeat guest.

Hope your day is an amazing one.
See you soon,

Nara Azevedo - Sales Manager - The Hotel of South Beach - naraa@goldmanproperties.com
Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was looking for a hotel that would rival The Betsy and The Hotel not only rivals, it surpasses! I was pleasantly surprised. You will not feel more at home in any hotel on the beach. The ENTIRE staff is so accommodating and welcoming! I was travelling alone so safety was a big thing for me. The staff at The Hotel made me feel very secure; they are truly invested in getting to know their guests! David offered me great restaurant recommendations- spot on with his picks, he was FABULOUS! Outrageously comfortable beds and pillows- I slept soundly for my entire stay (ask for Room 312 which is located towards the back of the hotel). Rooms are spacious by South Beach standards. My room had a retro dated look; bathroom had an awesome deco vibe complete with a walk in shower! Bathroom sink area was small without reasonable accommodations for toiletries but I did not mind this. Housekeeping service was incredible, my room was cleaned quickly and efficiently twice a day. The roof top gym has a great selection of equipment from weights to medicine balls to elliptical cardio machines - the view of the ocean was amazing making for a much more enjoyable workout ! The pool is small but refreshing on a hot day. The Spire (The Hotel rooftop bar) offers pub like menu offerings, it was nice to eat by the pool and just lounge. Did I mention they offer a free SPIRE cocktail upon arrival.. ? Location is great , one block from the beach and Ocean Drive. Guests receive two free beach towels and lounge chairs at the beach.Situated on the corner of 8th and Collins, great location for people watching, I enjoyed sitting on the front porch area during the evening hours, cocktail in hand. I cannot wait to go back!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet room ask for #312 or an equivalent in the back of the hotel. Also, i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I just came back about a week ago from a trip to Miami with six other people and I can honestly say that this is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. We planned this trip a little less than a year ago and picked this hotel on the basis of the price and of course the reviews. I travel enough to know what a good hotel should be like and this hotel definitely exceeds your expectations in every which way. Let me start off with our arrival. We arrived at the hotel early morning on a Thursday. Upon arrival we were greeted at the front door as well as by the concierge and front desk. We were able to check in right away and did not have to wait around for our rooms to be ready. We dropped our bags in our rooms and proceeded to the downstairs bar in which we immediately used our free drink voucher. Might I say the hotel's specialty drink is quite amazing. The bartender was extremely nice and took care of us very well. We stayed from early Thursday to late Monday night and I can tell you for the five days we were there the staff accommodated us for everything. We decided to pick this particular week to go because of the fact that Miami holds the Winter Music Conference every year during this time. John, at the concierge desk was absolutely amazing. He kept us updated on everything that was going on each day and night. From pool parties to night clubs that were hosting big events during that weekend. He was able to get us certain deals and all package night time events that would have costed us hundreds of dollars if we didn't go through him and the hotel. I cannot say enough positive things about the staff here. The waiters and waitresses at the roof top pool were also amazing and attended to our every needs. Due to the fact that our flight was very late on Monday the hotel allowed us to stay there all day. Not in our rooms but they held our bags for us and we were able to use all of the amenities just as we did when we were checked in. This was my first trip to Miami and this hotel made it so pleasurable. I cannot wait to get back to Miami and stay at this hotel again. I will indeed be recommending it to anybody I know who is looking to travel down there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just spent two nights here with a friend. We are in our fifties and less into nightlife and more into relaxing in the great Miami weather. We totally enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The entire staff was helpful and friendly and really seemed interested in our daily adventures. They gave us restaurant recommendations, etc. The room was comfortable, reasonably quiet, and the beds were great. But the best part was the rooftop pool. Just fabulous with sunny and shady places to hang out, and a beautiful view of the beach. Plus, I really appreciated that the pool staff took food and drink orders but didn't push anyone to order anything. All in all, a great stay and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a central South Beach location and a comfortable boutique Art Deco place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I'll be honest. I chose this place because it was NOT $500/night, and it was close to the beach and Ocean Drive. So if you are looking for location and price, you've got a winner. Also, it's a cute place, and the front desk, concierge and bellpeople are friendly and courteous. It was the room. With no window. Why they didn't put some kids in there who were 4 to a room on spring break, well, i will never understand. To be perfectly honest, there was a window but it was frosted over, which is probably a good thing because the view was over a delivery alley and trucks unloaded and loaded all day and all night. I did not complain or ask for another room, since after driving all the way from Key West, i was happy to be out of the car and into a room, any room. But on reflection, who wants to stay in Miami Beach and not see the sky, at least? So, if you go there, make sure your room has a window that you can see out of, and you will probably have a great time!

Room Tip: GET A WINDOW that does not look out onto the alley.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had a great experience at 'The Hotel of South Beach' at 8th St.

Here are the pros: Great staff: The staff were unusually welcoming and friendly. It almost felt like we were staying at the home of an old friend.

Nice atmosphere: The hotel is historic (I think it's from the 1930's if I remember correctly), and they updated it, so it's very fresh, vibrant, and very Miami. Everything is cheerful and bright. There is a nice outdoor seating area in the front as well as at the side of the building (where they also serve food), with a fountain and tropical greenery. We had our free cocktails (they give you one each) out there, which was very relaxing.

Great shower: The bath was updated and the shower was spa-like--the shower head was like a cross between a regular shower head and a rain shower, so it was the best of both worlds and great for tall people. Even the toiletries smelled wonderful and were higher end products. There was a pretty large bathtub if you're a tub person.

Location/Amenities: If you go to the beach (just 1 block away), the hotel has an agreement where you get free beach towels and lounge chairs from the service people at the beach. You just go to the booth and ask them. You do have to pay to rent umbrellas, however. They were $15, but one is enough to cover both chairs. You can also walk to lots of restaurants from the hotel. On Saturdays, they have free yoga at the hotel, and there is a workout room on the 4th floor.

Cons: We didn't really have a view (other than the street below), and the hotel just has 4 floors, but I'm assuming that the penthouse does have views. There are nice views from the pool area, however. There was some noise from the street at night, although it did stop around midnight. I slept pretty well with earplugs. The room and bath were standard size; not huge, but I've had smaller. The sink and counter in the bathroom were quite small, so there's not a lot of room for your toiletries. The safe in the room was also on the small side, and I had a hard time getting my laptop in there. Sometimes the elevator takes a long time, and there's only one. In hindsight, we should have just taken the stairs. Lastly, the hotel was on the pricey side, but it was comparable to the other well-ranked hotels in the area. The old adage is true that you get what you pay for.

Tip: To avoid the crowds (to some extent), try to plan your trip to avoid spring break, which is in March and differs by college.

We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple