“Miami Beach Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Panama City, Panama
“Miami Beach Hotel”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a wonderful visit to Miami and we highly recommend The Hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and the room was excellent. We were within walking distance to the beach, resteraunts and the marina. Our room was facing Collins, so there was some street noise, but we consider it part of the ambiance of being in Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ahalepanama
Goldman P, Manager at The Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review!! We are very glad you had such a great stay with us! We take a lot of pride in our service, thank you for mentioning it.

Please let us know the next time you are coming to South Beach. As a repeat guest, you can become a Gold Card member and enjoy all of its advantages.
Please send us an email to reservations@goldmanproperties.com whenever you are ready to book.

We are here for you!

Have a great day!

Nara Azevedo - Sales Manager at The Hotel of South Beach - naraa@goldmanproperties.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Toronto
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Hotel after our cruise and I'm SO happy with our decision! I highly recommend this hotel as a 'departure' hotel if one is arriving from a cruise or another vacation before your flight home. They really have everything put in place for you to a) make the most of your last day in Miami and b) give you a smooth transition out of town!

We arrived off of our cruise earlier than check in but lucky for us our room was ready! Now personally, the room seemed small and "meh" and the bathroom was even smaller, so I was a little disappointed, but I didn't let it get me down because I had a drink waiting for me upstairs by the rooftop pool! I *loved* the rooftop pool and with it looking over at the ocean just really made you feel like a rockstar. We sucked up the atmosphere for a bit and then headed out. We shopped around Ocean Drive and realized how great the location was. We also loved the security of having a chair waiting for us at the beach -- nice! Oh, and there is flavoured water with cups with lids (so that you can travel with your drink) in the restaurant area…that was SUCH A GODSEND! I loved it!!!

When we were heading out their awesome concierge couldn't have been more helpful in giving us some great ideas for restaurants to try out. Even though we ended up doing our own thing it was comforting to know he had all that knowledge and would lead us in the right direction of any future needs!

The day we had to leave The Hotel stored our stuff and let us use their chairs on the beach AND their shower upstairs to clean off sand and sunscreen with! (However, they were out of shower gel -- they should have someone monitoring that periodically)...This allowed us to really maximize our last day in Miami to the fullest (and being from Canada and having the winter from H-E-L-L, this was VERY important!) They were so accommodating by letting us pack and re-pack and not making us feel like we were "leeching" or "loitering"…they were always helpful and respectful.
We ate at the restaurant twice…once for a lunch and once for breakfast. Food was great -- especially the breakfast. They have a beautiful garden to eat in that was so serene in the South Beach madness…however I got bitten by mosquitos (??) like crazy! I don't know if I have 'sweet blood' or if there is an issue with all those plants but that is just an FYI …my husband DIDN'T get bitten so it might have been just me.

At every point of the trip every staff member I encountered was friendly and accommodating…not "in your face" fake nice, just a pleasant disposition and a genuine nice personality. Nobody seemed stressed or rude or fake or distracted. They seemed like they really wanted to help. From the busboy to the concierge to front desk to the restaurant, the staff just seem really cool. Even when we were the only ones in the restaurant, they opened the kitchen to make us a measly sandwich. I really appreciate that!

The lobby is really nice and the sitting area on the outside is small but cozy! Nice place to chill and people watch!

The only thing I would change would be that once we were in our rooms in the late afternoon/evening they had a lady walking around banging on doors saying "Housekeeping"…offering fresh towels. I suppose they were trying to anticipate everyones needs but I was annoyed at being interrupted and I suspect everyone else was too. (If you didn't answer she continued to knock until you did). Why we would need more towels when we just arrived is beyond me. Maybe slip a note under the door or mention when people are checking in to call down for towels when necessary rather than interrupt them. Luckily my husband and I were just unpacking but had we been 'otherwise engaged' *ahem* as married people in hotels on vacation tend to me, I would have been LIVID. I just think they need to find a better system then potentially interrupting people while they are getting ready to go out, sleeping or…otherwise engaged.I also didn't really care for the bed but that could be a matter of personal taste.

But that was a minor blip in an otherwise fabulous stay. I appreciate the patience, support and generosity of The Hotel of South Beach. They definitely know what they are doing. My husband is still talking about it, and if I can get it at a good price, I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you SO much for taking the time to write such amazing review on The Hotel of South Beach. We are glad you ended your trip on such high note. Our staff thanks you for mentioning them, you are very right in saying that they do take pride and happiness in all they do.
We apologize for the towels inconvenience... Our housekeeping team have been informed.

Please let us know of your future "off time" that you would like to take in Miami. Let me or our reservations team (reservations@goldmanproperties.com) know so we can, not only offer you perks for being a repeat guest, but also offer you great rates for our Ocean Front rooms as well, with a balcony overlooking the ocean. I'm sure you will love it too!!

Have an amazing day. And once more, thank you!!

Nara Azevedo - Sales Manager - The Hotel of South Beach - naraa@goldmanproperties.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here - the staff were extremely friendly & helpful. We stayed in the Collins Avenue part and did not suffer from any unnecessary noise. (Ocean Drive seemed noisy most of the time). The room was quite spacious with plenty of space for clothes. There is nowhere to park but the hotel provides a valet service which was a great asset.They have a pool on the roof with a bar and free loungers are available on South Beach for Hotel guests. We had breakfast a couple of the days we were there which was excellent albeit more expensive than going outside to a cafe or diner. The hotel is very comfortable with plenty of seating space in the lobby area and is situated in the art deco district. However the elevator was old fashioned and there could be a long wait at busy periods as it was very slow to move. An investment in a modern one would be beneficial.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your words. We are very happy you have had such an amazing time with us!
The Hotel's location is indeed great, walking distance to many restaurants, clubs and designer stores. Right in the heart of the Art Deco district. We charge NO Resort Fees, and offer the options of Valet and Self Parking, as you mentioned, great assets, since we are in such famous area.

Please let us know of your next visit. Send us an email to reservations@goldmanproperties.com and we will be happy to make your reservation and have you stay with us again.

Have a great sunny day!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have been to the Hotel three years in a row, always in the section of the hotel facing Ocean Drive. The staff is very friendly and professional. They helped us for everything we needed. Extremely recommended.

Room Tip: We loved the ocean front rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sascia71
It is so good to read that you have been more than our repeat guests... Such loyalty shows a lot and we are very glad to have friends like you!

Thank you for your review!! Hope to see you soon!!!! Again.. :)

Have an amazing day!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I'm just leaving the hotel! It was a great experience! Everyone that works at The Hotel are very helpful, friendly, & professional! Esteban, Jean Pierre, & John were all great. It was my first time coming to Miami. Esteban & John both helped me get around Miami & told me all the places I should visit. The Hotel was in a great location. Very close to the beach, shopping, bars, lounges, clubs, restaurants, you name it. I didn't have to drive anywhere. I liked the hotel because it was very quiet even amidst all the hustle & bustle outside. The bar on the roof of the hotel was always deserted. So I'm not sure if it was actually supposed to be there or if it was just decoration. The room I had was very small. I probably could've gotten a suite, or at least a bigger room for the prices I paid. They did have an ant/fruit fly problem. I will say it's expensive. & if I were to visit Miami again, I would book at The Hotel solely b/c of the employees. I'm 23. I can live without all the upscale & room service. Overall, great facility.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Keiterra
In the name of all our staff, we thank you for such nice words. We are very known for our great customer service and very proud too. Thank you!
And as you had mentioned, The Hotel of South Beach is a secluded safe guests only type of hotel, while being just steps away from where all is happening in South Beach.

Please let us know directly of your future stay with us. We will be glad to see you again.

Have a great day!

pleasant ridge, mi
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I just returned from staying 2 nights w/ an oceanfront room. I thought the rooms were very nice and yes, it is a little noisy but I was expecting much worse from the previous reviews. It was a little odd to have 2 parts to the hotel but it was fine.
The pool area was lovely! We enjoyed the drinks and the view. The location of the hotel is great! It is located near the beach and lots of places to eat.
The check in was a one of the only things that I did not care for. We arrived at 11 am and I was told that it was not ready but soon. At 12:30, they mentioned it would be the next room cleaned. At 2 we received a call that it was ready, we did not get in till 4! They did comp a couple of drinks but it still was unprofessional.
All in all, I would stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your sincere review and we apologize for any inconvenience you might have gone through during your stay...
The Hotel of South Beach is indeed divided into two buildings as you had mentioned, the main one being a true Art Deco example from 1939 on Collins Ave where our great roof top pool is located and a 2 year old newer building on Ocean Drive, where our new Ocean Front and Atelier rooms are located. All designed by Todd Oldham. We understand it might seem different at first, but with the 2 separate Front Desks 24/7 we give our guests the freedom and facility of checking in and our at either location. Pretty cool right?! Plus all the great as you had mentioned too.

Please let us know of your next visit to South Beach, again, we will take good care of you! Send us an email directly to reservations@goldmanproperties.com or to myself.
We are here for you!!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

stayed here for 1 night only post cruise. we arrived at 8.30 am hoping to get our luggage stored until check in but the smiley helpful receptionist checked us straight into our room and by 0900 we were in the amazing rooftop pool relaxing. everyone we met here was super friendly and helpful especially the concierge staff (david) who made us so welcome. great position, stunning pool, comfy rooms, superb. we wish we stayed longer, we will next time. A real gem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you SO much for such description of The Hotel. We are glad your 1 night post cruise was such a great one!!
Please, let us know of your next visit to South Beach, for a longer period of time hopefully.
It will be our pleasure to make your reservation and see you again.

Have an amazing day!