The Hotel of South Beach
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$283
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
The Betsy - South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$518
US$466
Official Site
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$341
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$252
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$261
US$227
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$272
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$204
Orbitz.com
US$528
US$329
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$390
US$371
Orbitz.com
1,897 results
All reviewsnews caferooftop poolocean drivesouth beachcouture roomconcierge johnfrozen mojitoart decoperfect locationmain buildingwet williesself parkingpeople watchingboutique hotelbeach chairscollins avenuestreet noise
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel was Average because there were a few negatives. The positives were: great location, could walk to everything, you are halfway to Lincoln rd shopping, a few steps away from ocean drive and the ocean/beach, and then halfway to south pointe beach area. The hotel was clean, roof top deck with cabanas was really nice- the only negative about that was people were constantly smoking up there. That ruined the clean environment. Everyone was nice except the guy who checked us in.
Negatives: smoking allowed in all common areas outside- ruins the rooftop pool area, if the people around you are noisy then the hotel will be noisy for you. There was someone above us who throughout the middle of the night sounded like they were constantly moving furniture making it hard to sleep. One of the biggest disappointments was we were celebrating our 10th anniversary and I wrote this in the comments. I kind of thought that they hotel would do something since they are not just your average hotel. When we checked in we were told we could get a room upgrade for $30 more per night. I would have expected this to be a free upgrade considering what I wrote in my reservations. But no. So this really disappointed me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraBentleyville_OH
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed for 2 nights. Room was comfortable and quiet. Only noise was at 6 a.m. When people were coming in from the after-hours clubs and music festival. Room was clean. Small, but clean. Miami was very busy due to an international music festival. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Concierge gave me an excellent Italian dining suggestion. Bellmen were so accommodating. One block from South Beach and surrounded by excellent dining options. I was on the second floor facing the busy street and I did not find the street noise to be disturbing. Rooftop pool was clean and pretty. Only downside is the treadmills in the gym looked old and rusty and I was afraid to hop on. I paid $230 per night and it is not an outrageous price considering the location. Other properties were much more expensive. Breakfast was overpriced, but hotels generally charge more for food and beverage. I would come back for the value and location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just arrived back from 6 days staying at The Hotel South Beach Miami. We arrived during Urban Beach Week so there were an extra couple of thousand people in town parading along Ocean Drive. We had a room in the back part of the hotel on Ocean Drive, the main part of the hotel is on Collins Drive. Ocean drive was barricaded so that cars could not go down due to the crowd.

This location is excellent you are right in the thick of it, with News Café downstairs that is open 24/7. Once we were in our room we could not hear any noise, even with one of Miami's major weekends going on , on our doorstep. The Atelier room that we had was spacious with a great bathroom, very clean and modern.

The concierge staff on our side were excellent and so friendly, big shout out to Caesar who recommended great restaurants.

The main part of the hotel is where the Rooftop pool and bar are. This is a great place to hang out and have cocktails or food, with great music and ambience and a fantastic view of Ocean Drive and the beach.

If you do want to go to the beach each room has access to 2 beach chairs. The only downside is you did have to pay for an umbrella.

Miami beach is one of my favourite locations in the states and this is now my favourite place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new section it was only renovated 2 years ago.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We wanted a short excursion and packed a bag and headed for South Beach. We found The Hotel almost by accident.

Beginning with the Valet, everyone, truly everyone, showed kindness and concern for our enjoyment of our stay. We were given excellent advice for meals and entertainment on Ocean Drive.

The hotel was a tranquil area in high energy SoBe. The decor had numerous delightful surprises and is well thought out. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

We were able to check out in the morning and have free use of beach chairs if we wished until 5 pm as well as facilities to shower and change.

Thought not inexpensive, the value for the room rate was excellent and we will be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We came half way across the world from the UK on a flight to Miami, on a weekend, carrying our heavy suitcases without a clue where we was gonna stay. It was like 10pm.

After trying ALL of the hotels in south beach and ALL of them being filled apart from a horrible grotty vile hotel I forgot the name of.

We used trip advisor to find The Hotel.

And long story make short. It was very clean. The staff were polite. It was in a good secondary location, just a short 1 minute walk from the main strip of south beach. The price was HIGH and the rooms decorated very basic. But like I say, clean. So that's fine.

If this hotel was $100-$130 a night I'd say it was a bargain. But at $230+ it seems EXPENSIVE.

Would I recommend it? Nope. Unless you can't find anywhere else and you've just come off a 10 hour flight at and arrived at 10pm :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple