Boulan South Beach
US$367
US$610
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$341
US$367
US$303
Official Site
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$449
US$358
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$284
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$233
US$192
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$283
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$163
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsorange blossomrooftop poolfull kitchencollins parkhalf bathroompowder roomspacious apartmentsouth beachthe sofa bedwasher dryerfree breakfastwrap around balconyliving areahuge balconybassrain showerperfect hotel
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Although this place is being marketed as a "boutique" hotel which normally means a hotel with few rooms and good style Boulan simply isn't either.
The rooms are small apartments and vary according to ownership. There is NO room service NO bar NO restaurant all of which I would expect to find as checking in a hotel.
We discovered all this upon our arrival as this was not stated on Expedia or bookings although when I was searching for a 4/5 star hotel in South Beach Boulan came close to top of the search list.
This remains a mystery .....
We complained before even viewing the room but since it was almost 10 pm we decided to stay for the first night and as suggested by the night porter discuss our situation with the GM in the morning.
The room was clean but the mattress terrible !
I called Expedia to complain about being sold something that did not reflect reality.
They apologized and said that the terms were "no refund" but if Boulan's duty manager agreed they would provide us a refund and find us alternative accommodation.
I went downstairs to find out the manager was in a staff meeting and although she clearly knew I was going to speak to her(Expedia called prior to me going downstairs) she kept me waiting at least 15 mins.
She was extremely rude and didn't remotely understand my view. I felt fairly intimidated by her severe tone so I returned to the room upset and asked my husband to go see her.
He did and she was even ruder to him talking over him and threatened to call the POLICE!!!!! He hadn't' t even raised his voice but was simply trying to explain the reason of our discontent .
We eventually contacted the owner .(Mr Vardi)
He was nicer to deal with but charged us for the night we stayed ( which I don't dispute) and half the day we spent trying to check out!
If you want a well located self catering accommodation Boulan will do but if you want a sleek hotel
DON 'T.
There are lots of lovely buzzing boutique hotels with polite staff in South Beach !!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CrisMil333
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2015

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the challenges you faced while staying with us. I am pleased to say that we have changed management since you last stayed at Boulan, and now offer several amenities that were unavailable during your last visit.

We hope you will come back and stay with us again, and give us a chance to take your experience to the next level!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

The best hotel we ever stayed at! We had a big apartment, very clean, two toilets and a bathroom with both shower and bathtub. The staff was very nice and helpful. The only thing you can complain about is the breakfast. Just bread, bagels and Danish, sugar, sugar, sugar....the only thing I could eat was the Philadelphia cheese.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Hovdamen

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback!

We are happy to read that our rooms and product met your expectations! I am pleased to say that we have changed management since you last stayed at Boulan, and now offer several amenities that were unavailable during your last visit. I apologize for the challenge you endured with breakfast, we now have an on-site restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I booked the BOULAN last minute because my 88 year mother suffered severe damage to her home from hurricane Sandy. I was told that there would be service in this facility but most of the time they don't answer at the front desk. I tried to take a shower last night at 11:00 pm but there was no hot water. I booked an ocean view but as it turned out the hotel overlooks another very large building so you can't see the ocean. I want to move my mother to another hotel but the Boulan has a very strict cancellation policy and so far they won't give a refund. You would think they'd have a little more consideration for an 88 year old woman who's home was ravaged by hurricane Sandy. I 'm hoping they'll be a little more accommodating, keep you posted....
By the way, they're still doing construction on the building and it tends to be very noisy at times, buyer beware....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I just touched down from South Beach, Miami. While there my wife, daughter and I stayed at the Boulan Hotel. The hotel, as a whole, from the lobby to the rooms have a very contemporary look. Up dated appliances and fixtures. Sexy is the best way to describe this place. Located in the middle of Collins avenue everything is in walking distance. Shops, restaurants, and the beach.
The staff was very accommodating. We we're offered a umbrella to take on our stroll since it was raining. As soon as we stepped out it stopped. That's Miami for you. One particular staff member Louis extended our check out time to 4:00pm since we had a 8:30pm flight. That was very much appreciated. He could have tossed us out on the street with no where to go luggage and all.

Thanks Buolan for making our stay wonderful. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Erikjis

Reviewed 6 October 2012

A fantastic condo conversion. There is about a 50/50 mix of hotel to condo rental in south beach. The only thing that hotels have that the Boulan does not, is a boutique bar. It will eventually have a bar I'm told, but never the less, this ulra-luxe place is COOL and QUIET. Quiet is valuable when trying to sleep in south beach. It is on Collins and not on Ocean, which is important for peace of mind :) It is located at the north end of the main part, but it is very close to everything. I had a scooter and it was easy to get to everything. The service, attitude and friendlyness was GREAT! They are very accomodating. This place is ultra cool. It's a hidden gem. I give it a good mark for value because in life you get what you pay for. For only a little less in price you get SO MUCH less at other places. South Beach is a VERY desired place to be and it is priced as such. The roof top pool is awesome! The valet service to park your car is $35 a day, but you will pay that ANYWHERE in south beach to park. Parking is very limited. I suggest renting a scooter while your there, it's SO much easier to get around and park. Enjoy! I highly recommend!

Room Tip: 311, 411 and 511 are corner rooms with a view on 2 sides ...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Jeff P

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback!

We are happy to read that our rooms and product met your expectations! I am pleased to say that we have changed management since you last stayed at Boulan, and now offer several amenities that were unavailable during your last visit. This includes food and beverage, room service, and an in-room mini bar.