I will start by saying that My friends and I were staying here for a Bachelorette party. In terms of its location, the Clinton Hotel is located within walking distance of the the beach, and many other popular South Beach hotspots. That is the best thing about it...so if that is what you are looking for book here. However, if you would like good service, a clean and well kept hotel, and want your money's worth...go somewhere else. This place should be charging $89 a night, not $224/night. We booked three rooms with 2 double beds in each back in December. When we arrived to check in were were told that only two rooms were available as booked, the third room would have to be be a King Bed since the hotel was booked for the weekend. This is NOT what we paid for AND NOT what we booked. It was the first of many not as advertised promises. They claimed the room was an upgrade to a King Suite, but if that was an upgrade then I can't even imagine what the regular rooms are like. There was a strong smell of bleach in the room. It had no alarm clock, the lighting was horrible, and the bathroom had a large window in it that opened into the rest of the room. The window had a curtain you could close for privacy, only in our case the curtain wasn't long enough our wide enough to cover anything. Great if your staying with your significant other...not so great when your there with your friends and want some privacy.
Here is a rundown of what the Clinton's website purports to offer and what the Clinton really has: Swimming Pool - its more of a small wading pool that no one even goes in because it looks dirty and has junk floating in it. Room Service - horrible. It took 3 calls just to get one pillow and a blanket. On the third call I was told I would have to wait at least 15 minutes because the person "responsible for that" wasn't there. Complete on site fitness center - Its really Three old treadmills that look like they may have been donated to the hotel. Business Center - A small table with a computer in a hallway that doesn't even have a printer. Lobby Bar/Lounge - they got rid of it, you have to sit at the bar in the restaurant, which by the way has a funny musty smell. Website states "Espresso/Gelateria- Designer shops on site" - These did not exist. Yes, There are shops on the street by the hotel, but not "on site." Beach towel and chairs - on two separate days we requested beach towels. The first day we were told they ran out. The second day we were given three mismatched raggy towels from Walmart. When I got to the beach and actually opened the towel...it was child sized.
The website states the hotel was renovated in 2004 (8 years ago), it appears that since then the management has done little to upkeep the hotel and has put in the bare minimum. In fact they looked a little rundown, and in all three rooms the safety latch you lock from the inside, standard in most US hotel rooms had been partially removed and rendered useless. Also, the walls are thin. In the mornings we could here housekeeping cleaning and vacuuming the rooms around ours. We were also entertained with the arguing followed by sex of the couple in the room next to ours. The walls were so thin we were able to make out exactly what they were saying. All in all, It is just not worth the $224 dollars the Clinton hotel charges. For that money I could have stayed at a much better hotel that actually has what it advertises, has better service, and maintains the hotel well.
Here is my straight answer about who this hotel is ok for: If your a college kid on spring break or if your someone who usually stays at hostels. Everyone else...you can find much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plan your escape to one of the world's most extraordinary destinations. Set right in the middle of Miami's legendary South Beach, mere moments from an abundance of top-flight shopping, attractions, and entertainment, Clinton Hotel South Beach welcomes you with a seamless blend of hip refinement and warm, gracious service - all for terrific value. Whether you're kicking back in your tasteful room or suite, lounging in one of the cabanas by our private pool, or hosting a relaxed gathering in our modern on-site event venue, you'll find yourself captivated by our hotel's laid-back appeal and comfortable charm. And our prime Washington Avenuelocation encourages discovery - from the galleries and boutiques that line the nearby streets to the one-of-a-kind nightlife that simply cannot be missed. Let Clinton Hotel South Beach make your Miami visit truly special. Join us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Clinton Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The New Clinton Hotel And Spa Miami
- Clinton Hotel Miami Beach
- Clinton Hotel South Beach Miami Beach, Florida