“The rating and the pictures of the hotel is very deceiving.”

Clinton Hotel South Beach
Ranked #152 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Kokomo, Indiana, United States
“The rating and the pictures of the hotel is very deceiving.”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The rating of the hotel is 4 star so I expect to stay in very nice hotel. The pictures was so nice but it is just the pictures, not the actual hotel. I would rate this hotel as 2 star. I suspect that they painted the walls themselves because the line between celing and walls arent straight. Professionalism is also an issue in the hotel. My husband and i are already laying down to rest from a long travel, after 2 hour we checked,somebody knocked on the door and told us that she wants to the candies and chocolates on the table and refrigerator to make sure everything is in there. Weird.....Plus it is noisy also.

Room Tip: Choose a good name brand if you want to stay in a nice hotel because sometimes rating is very deceiv...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bestdealtickets
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to Clinton hotel in South Beach. We feel sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We did share all your comments with the mini bar attendant based on your review. We take reviews very seriously the good and the bad ones because is the only way to understand customer needs. The Clinton hotel rating is 3.5 stars based on the amenities we do offer such us, round trip shuttle, internet Netflix TVs, personalized concierge, individual Wi-Fi in each room, Spa room’s, shops, restaurant, and meeting space, mini bar. We do work very hard to exceed guest expectations but sometimes is very difficult to make everyone happy. We made several changes this week and we did upgrade all our suites, I would like to invite you to experience the changes. Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Erdington
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I love Miami and decided to include a cruise for my recent birthday. My first and usual choice of hotel was not available for the dates I needed, so I stayed at this hotel as a stop gap before taking my cruise. There was some confusion initally about charges and it was clear there was bad communication from the agents booking my holiday. But the receptionist needed a lesson in customer services, and I bought this to the attention of her supervisor. However, having said that, Michelle sorted this in a positive manner and alleviatted my thoughts to cancel my bookings, she arranged some complimentary reimbrsement within the hotel services. My room was 314 and met my needs in not being used before by pet owners as I have a pet hair allergy. But then no windows would open as they were nailed shut, it does not matter that the air conditioning worked, for a asthmatic person that can be too dry over polonged periods, and when it was off it still hummed for 30mins. Its only a pity the bed was not more comfortable, they definetly need to upgrade the base and mattresses. The mini bar fridge ice cabinet has no door so its just a block of ice in an old firdge. I also think the outdoor pool and lounge area needs updating and renovating. Those ripped parasols over the tables are so unattractive and I have never been bitten by so many mosiquitios in all my 4 visits to Miami and other carribean islands. Happy hour was a joke as its Vodka or Gin, thats it.......! Fortunately I know my way around Miami so spent as little time as possible in this hotel, but would have loved to soak up the sun by the pool, hang on what pool??? Overall I will be back in Miami again in 6 months but would not ever be coming to The Clinton Hotel, by the way where is the Spa??
All roads lead back to The Hotel out on Collins Avenue of SoBe, I just need to book earlier. anyway the Cruise made up for this and thats another review...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to Clinton hotel in South Beach. We regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations. In response to the comments we do have balcony rooms more than 30 for guests who like open spaces. Our windows are hurricane proof which is a requirement by Florida law for hotels and resorts. We did upgrade the pool area with new lounge chairs and furniture. The free drinks are complimentary from the hotel which consist vodka or gin mixed with fountain drinks unfortunately the bartenders can’t give them separately. We do have this deal for 5 years and receive lot of compliments from our repeated customer, we do apologize that it became an issue in your case. We just upgrade our suites and the balcony rooms I would like to invite you to experience the changes. Please feel free to contact me next time you plan to travel in South Beach I would like to tour you around showing the changes and the new amenities coming
New Haven, Missouri
Reviewed 4 October 2012

From the get go it was difficult to like. Staff at the front desk did not welcome me and my wife to the Clinton. The staff in the lobby didnt even say hello. We received to Complimentary cocktail tickets for the bar, so after being there at the hotel for about 1 hour I went to the bar. I asked the bartender what time is your happy hour? He replied 6 pm (may have been 5pm I dont remember just now). So I went back to my room to be with my wife and 45 mins later I returned to the bar for happy hour. The bar was completly empty except for myself. I told the bartender I would like to use my free drink ticket. He then looked at his watch and hesitated for about 5 seconds, the time was 5:58pm and he seemed very pissed that I was 2 or 3 mins early even though I was the only customer! I then ask him for any kind of beer he had, he replied I could not get a free beer it was only for cocktails, so I said ok then I will have a rum and coke he again replied with an attitude I cant have a rum and coke it was only for Gin or Vodka. So then I said what kind of flavored Vodka do you have? I would like to try some. He then said it was only for straight Vodka or Straight Gin! What a jerk he was, not helpful or polite in any way shape or form. After about 10 mins when I was drinking my straight vodka 2 pretty girls came into the bar. He then was so polite, funny and tried to hit on them both. They had the tickets also and he let them have mixed drinks other than Gin and Vodka! What a Jerk! In our room it was very dark as the walls were painted purple. So I went to open the blinds, what did I see? 20 in from of our window was a concrete wall!! Nice view huh? And in the morning we woke up to all kinds of noise for about 5 mins really loud outside our window. I looked out and under our window was a dumpster and the garbage truck was picking it up and banging it down on the ground to get the garbage out! When It was time for us to leave, I told the desk employee we were leaving and gave her our room keys, we brought all our luggage out 5 bags and 2 trips past the front desk and waited on the street curb for the valet to bring our car. We waited 25-35 mins on the curb and NO CAR! I went back inside and asked the girl where was our car? She replied did you tell the Valet to get it? I replied What Valet? There is no Valet outside to be seen! She said she would take care of it.....20 mins later my car arrives and the valet was trying to explain something to me in Spanish which I didnt understand. I read, speak and write english. We will never be going back there. No Way!

Room Tip: open your window blinds and make sure you dont have a concrete wall in front of it with a garbage du...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trofast1997
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear Guest ,Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to Clinton hotel in South Beach. We feel sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations . We did replace the staff based in 2 TripAdvisor reviews and we would like to invite you again to experience the changes.
Best Regards
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed at the clinton this weekend and i was so impressed that i decided to write this review.

All i can say is that theres no better value in south beach than this hotel, i got off my cruise friday morning, got to this hotel just price shopping and from the start i was treated like royalty from the concierge delfi showing me the room to my check in time where michelle gave me a great deal to stay until sunday morning and they even provided free transportation for me and other guest back to the airport.

I cant stress enough how wonderful my experience at the clinton was and i will recommend this great small hotel to everybody looking to spend a great time in south beach.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Stacylove16
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Stacy , Thank you for your wonderful review , the staff at the Clinton is very happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation at the Clinton hotel. We do work everyday to improve the quality of the hotel and the service. Recently we did upgrade all the suites in the second floor and the pool area.
Upplands-Vasby, Sweden
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I was there with a friend for 18 days! Really nice hotel with a nice staff, clean rooms and best of all very good location! I will def. go back next year. Breakfast was ok and the concierge all 3 of them were helpful to us.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Kristina058
Dear Kristina ,Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to Clinton hotel in South Beach. We do appreciate your comments about the hotel and location . Looking forward to see you again during your future trips in South Beach. Best Regards
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We went on a trip to Miami from 26 July until 11 August 2012, though went on a cruise trip for 4 days in between to Bahamas. Stayed at the Clinton and I must say it is "VALUE FOR MONEY". Nice rooms, Happy staff, Cosey louge outside, Cold Budweisers. The concierge Joel is great and he can fix you up with trips, parties ect....

Definitely coming back to Miami and we will be staying at The Clinton...

Best Regards

Søren and Alma from Denmark.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Miami_here_we_come
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Soren, Thank you for the review , we do appreciate all your comments about the staff and the hotel. It was wonderful having you with us at the Clinton Hotel during your break from the cruise trip. Best Regards
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2012

A group of women bought a Groupon for the month of Sept so we got a very inexpensive rate on our rooms so for us it was a great deal. Of course we got the least desirable rooms. The hotel does have some really nice rooms the mgr showed us-water feature views and balconies. Not sure about the "Spa" part. Never saw one. We drove over from the west coast so had to pay to park around $28 which is pretty much the going rate for S Beach. There is a bar and restaraunt attached which provided us a decent free continental breakfast and some good menu choices for around $11. Rooms good sized. The location is a street which is few blocks away from Lincoln Rd not too far to walk but go to the next street to do that.

Room Tip: We had a street side room. Major street noise, but, this is S. Beach so unless you want to spend mo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KEYSGIRL34145
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Guest , Thank you for taking the time to review the Clinton Hotel. We enjoyed having your group at our hotel and we are looking forward to host you again. Please make sure to contact me personally next time you are in South Beach and i will upgrade you to a Jacuzzi Suite. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding the rooms and the service. Thanks again looking forward to see you during your future trips in South Beach. Best Regards