“My Stay at the Clinton Hotel in SouthBEACH” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clinton Hotel South Beach

Clinton Hotel South Beach
Ranked #161 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“My Stay at the Clinton Hotel in SouthBEACH”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Mr Tasellairi,
GENERAL MANAGER
CLINTON HOTEL
SOUTH BEACH, FL..

Where do I start? I’ll start with my last night at 1:30 am October 7, 2012 when someone came to my door room 232 and used his key pass and came into my room and said, "Did someone ask for towels?" It was a man and i told him to "get the hell out of here" Needless to say I was frighten and breathing heavy. I call the desk and spoke with a lady who told me someone called and ask for more towels. I didn't call. She said he was security. WOW!! Why didn't he knock and wait till someone answered? He just walked in my room in the dark, and scared the POOP out of me.... The safety latch on the door was broken (see attached photo). I didn’t now what to do so I place the chair against the door hoping that he would not come back and I get some sleep. He didn’t come back and I didn’t get any sleep. I am 69 years old trying to make it to 70 but one more night at the Clinton, I’m not sure.

Now, let me go back to the first day of check in Friday October 5...the Desk Clerk informed me of the cost and polices. I sign the form and? Put the hotel pen in my pocket. Well, When I went to my room and took of pants to change into my swim trunks the pen had leaked thru the pocket and I had a large amount of ink on my leg the size of a cantaloupe and the pants were destroy. Now I cant blame The Hotel for that because I put the pen in my pocket, but may I make a suggestion that Hotels that charge 300 a night should have better pens.

Room Tip: i wrote the above letter to the general manager and no one ever replied
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank george860
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Dear George 860, I was so sorry to read your comments about your stay. We did share all your comments with the security and engineering department . We make every effort not only provide a good service but also to prevent situations when we come short in service or amenities. We are working to correct the problem and make sure that it wont happen again . Please feel free to contact me next time you travel to South Beach because i would like to show you the changes and make sure we make you customer for life. Thanks again for the review

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

We paid a bargain price of $109 a night. Tho clean, the service was so so, and the room was tiny. The shower leaked, so the floor was always wet and the room was always damp. The room did exactly what we needes it to do tho, just a place to sleep. Location is great and close to all shops including the Karsashians Dash,which was right next door, and just two blocks away from the beach!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear Zailop, I was so sorry to read your comments about your stay. So many of our Guests comment positively on our staff. I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We make every effort not only provide a good service but also to prevent situations when we come short in service or amenities. Not many hotels in the beach offer our free of charge services such as shuttle,free drinks, unlimited internet wireless in each room and more. I sincerely appreciate your comments. we did made all the upgrades in the bathrooms and rooms which by the way always receive top compliments from our past guests for design and being the largest among south beach hotels standards. Please feel free to contact me next time you plan to visit South Beach because we would like to bring you back and make you a customer for life
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

Recently my sister and I went to Miami for a vacation. However, while we were there we also had some difficult personal stuff to take care of. We arrived at 6:30am on the day of our arrival and they amazingly gave us our room (without extra charge). During our stay the concierge, Franklin, was absolutely fabulous. He arranged for all of our transportation and everything else we needed or wanted. He is the reason why a hard day turned into a memorable one. He also arranged for us to be able to have an extremely late checkout just so we could enjoy a tour of the Everglades and not be rushed.
Unfortunately, the hotel room was not as great. The shower door opened to the inside and never closed properly which made it leak. The lighting was insufficient and there was only one outlet for the entire room.
Overall, if it wasn't for the concierge's and the accommodations they went out of their way to make for us, we would never have stayed there.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest , We do appreciate you taking the time to review the Clinton Hotel. We were happy to share the review with the staff and specially with Franklin. Our staff is very dedicated to make sure that we satisfy every single guest. I am sorry that in the room area, we did not meet your expectations. The engineering fixed all the issues and i would like to invite you to experience the changes. I am pleased that that our staff made a difference. I would like you to visit us again and experience the changes . Please feel free to reach me out at anytime i would personally make sure that your next stay it will be much better than the first one. Best Regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Really clean and nice small hotel, my family and i had a great time and we were really impressed by the nice staff of the hotel and also the location of it.

I will definately stay again and tell my friends about.

Hotel pros:

Small elevator
Small pool

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Malegria, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Clinton Hotel. The staff at the Clinton is dedicated to make sure that every single guest receive special attention. We always value our repeated Guests please reach out to me next time you come to South Beach and i will make sure that you have even a better experience. Best Regards
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Location for Miami Beach is great I suppose, but ... There just was something missing. Vallet parking worked great, hotels own staff not so much. They wanted to be great but may little less wanting and little more doing would be good?

Breakfast so nearly a joke, go rather somewhere else and have good breakfast.

For their price, staying is ok, rooms are small and if there is any problem (like light that don´t work) they wont fix them.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear Guest, We do feel sorry that we could't exceed your expectations. We did share your comments with maintenance and front desk staff but i would like to know more details about your stay. I did send you a personal email to discuss your stay and have more information such as room number or name. We do take the reviews very seriously the good and the bad ones because our goal is to achieve guest satisfaction and make sure than every single guest receive attention.
Best Regards
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

This hotel was just amazing. I didn't think such an affordable hotel could be so pretty and clean. Room service was always on time. The rooms and bathroom were spacious. This was my first time in Miami so I was afraid I wouldn't know my way around. But staying here all you have to do is walk outside, and all the good clubs/bars are all walking distance. Also walking distance from Miami beach to jetski, etc and SouthBeach was only a 5 minute walk. Also Ocean Drive is right around the corner. My favorite part was walking out of the hotel and seeing The Kardashians store, Dash right next door. AND I also saw Kim and Khloe Kardashian at the store. So if you love the kardashians this is the best place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Divjot S
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Guest , Thank you for staying with us. We do appreciate your positive feedback and we are happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us. From now on consider us home away from home. Thanks again looking forward to see you during your future trips in South Beach. Best Regards
Kokomo, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

The rating of the hotel is 4 star so I expect to stay in very nice hotel. The pictures was so nice but it is just the pictures, not the actual hotel. I would rate this hotel as 2 star. I suspect that they painted the walls themselves because the line between celing and walls arent straight. Professionalism is also an issue in the hotel. My husband and i are already laying down to rest from a long travel, after 2 hour we checked,somebody knocked on the door and told us that she wants to the candies and chocolates on the table and refrigerator to make sure everything is in there. Weird.....Plus it is noisy also.

Room Tip: Choose a good name brand if you want to stay in a nice hotel because sometimes rating is very deceiv...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bestdealtickets
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to Clinton hotel in South Beach. We feel sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We did share all your comments with the mini bar attendant based on your review. We take reviews very seriously the good and the bad ones because is the only way to understand customer needs. The Clinton hotel rating is 3.5 stars based on the amenities we do offer such us, round trip shuttle, internet Netflix TVs, personalized concierge, individual Wi-Fi in each room, Spa room’s, shops, restaurant, and meeting space, mini bar. We do work very hard to exceed guest expectations but sometimes is very difficult to make everyone happy. We made several changes this week and we did upgrade all our suites, I would like to invite you to experience the changes. Best Regards

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels