“Good Stay, don't expect too much”

Clinton Hotel South Beach
Ranked #156 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I am not sure if all guests get this privilege but my booking included Free Breakfast. Unfortunately, the "Free Breakfast" includes only one drink (coffee/juice) with eggs and potatoes. Anything else you order from the menu is exhorbitantly priced for the taste. But the "Happy Hour" at the same bar from 7pm to 8pm is a great way to socialize and meet fellow guests and the bartender is a good guy to pick his brains on local tourism ideas.

As for the rooms, they were surprisingly decent for stay, and the glass windows separating the bathroom from the room is quite a nice touch. Don't be put off by the stench in the corridors, just hold your breath and walk into the room as it doesn't leak into them.

They could improve the elevator speeds and keep the stairways cleaner.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Shana M, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Arviprabha,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that your stay coupled with our complimentary nightly guest happy hour, breakfast and shuttle! We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I booked one of their Jacuzzi suites, for $500 a night. I told them it was going to be a late check in. They withdrew money from my account and I thought it was all good.
Well, we arrived around 8 PM and went to the front and lo-and-behold, they gave away our room. Yes, the room that my credit card had been already charged $500 for. The only other room they had available was a $100, first floor room overlooking the bar area.
The room was good and the shower was big, but it was noisy due to us being right over the bar and the first room in the hallway. We pretty much just passed out.
In the morning, they apologized and refunded me my money (sans the $100 for the room they gave us).
We made good out of a bad situation and took the money that was refunded and went to the Lapis Spa at the Fontainbleu and had a blast there.
The manager on duty gave me her number and said they would help me out the next time we stayed on Miami Beach. Well, I called a few months later and the "deal" they gave me wasn't worth the hassle that it was do "deal" with the issues we had with this hotel.
No thanks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Brad S.,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal is to please every guest and we do receive over 5,000 people a month and the ratio of the complaints is 10 people in 5,000. We try to satisfy every guest but sometimes it’s difficult to please everyone. Recently, we have remodeled our bathrooms, improved the service in bar and restaurant area and created entertainment for our guest. Our hotel is well connected with nightlife, entertainment and dining. Very exciting things coming soon!

We do appreciate all of the compliments about the room and the shower. We have shared with our reservations department all your concerns with the misplaced reservation. I will message you my contact information in order to verify the situation and to assist you better.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel was in great location to shops, restaurants and beach within walking distance.
I found the hotel well kept & clean. Reasonable priced. What you pay for is what you get. I would stay here again if I returned to Miami. Joel in services guided us to what we can do in Miami. He was very helpful and knowledable. Joels friendly nature & expertise was very much appreciated. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Jimmy M, General Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2015

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to announce the Clinton Hotel has recently undergone a change of Ownership, and will be striving to provide various enhancements to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will return in the near future to experience all the exciting improvements!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Honestly avoid this hotel there are bed bugs and cockroachs all over the place. We were in room 324 where the bed was covered with the insects, we changed to room 121 (in other part of the hotel) but again there were bed bugs living in there. The stuff was not surprised, they have to be used to this kind of claims. They should close to desinfect the entire hotel and change the mattresses and not just give you a spray agains bugs and wish you good luck. It's just scandalous for a 4* hotel

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disturbed to hear about your experience. Room 324 has 400 people a month. We have never had any such comment about insects. We did check our records and we do not have any record of moving you from 324 to 121. According to our records we do not see any problem reported and we don't see any type of similar situation in our entire property. Since we are located in a tropical climate, we keep a very strict pest control policy. If reports are needed, I will send w message to your inbox with my contact information, to follow-up.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a great time during Art Basel, service was exceptionally wonderful. My loft room was incredible with jacuzzi. The staff was great and helpfull towards my needs and the location is fantastic as well. I would recommend and will return.

• Stayed: December 2013
Shana M, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear D0nD0n11,

We are glad that you had a BLAST staying with us this past weekend! Art Basel is always such an awesome event and its even better at the Clinton! Hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The windows must actually be made of paper because all I could hear at night was every single word or every single conversation taking place by the pool. Rubbish nights sleep. The maid apparently came every day but I'm not sure how we were supposed to tell as the bin wasn't even emptied. One day the towels were taken away and just not replaced. The shower door didn't close properly meaning the bathroom floor was always wet. The drinks at the bar were so expensive and the one night we decided to have a drink the guy took our order twice and simply never brought us drinks so we just left. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner/manager one night and he couldn't seem more disinterested in the guests or the hotel itself. The one tiny lift for this massive place is an accident waiting to happen I've never been so petrified in a lift! The only saving grace about this place is it's location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Fay N.,

Thank you for staying with us. We sincerely apologize for your experience however, we were not made aware of the situations during your stay. Had we been made aware, I can assure you that we would have ensured the quality of your stay. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel isn't a luxurious resort, but it has reasonable price and a good position, 2 minutes by feet from SoBe. My room was rather old, with no windows and not very comfortable, but the price for a night was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Shana M, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear bestie07,

Thank you for your review. Fortunately, all of our guest rooms have windows and our location is the best! We have recently completed some minor improvements to our guestrooms providing a modern, boutique-chic feel. We welcome your return to re-evaluate our property.