“Spontaneous staycation”

Ranked #155 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Spontaneous staycation”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Just celebrated my friends birthday at the Clinton. I only stayed 1 night but quality customer service is apparent. Josie and Joel constantly joke around with you and know how to take care of someone who just wants to have some fun. I had a room next to their little river and found that bit different and and a nice touch. The rooms are a bit tacky and outdated but bathrooms make up for that. All problems were quickly taken care of by front desk or concierge. May return for another unplanned night.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Jimmy M, General Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 20 June 2015
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to announce the Clinton Hotel has recently undergone a change of Ownership, and will be striving to provide various enhancements to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will return in the near future to experience all the exciting improvements!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
MIAMI
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for a weekend. It is in a good location. Close to the shopping district on Collins and the beach. A few good places to eat near by! (the breakfast if included should be skipped) A bit of a walk to Lincoln Road but a cab can solve that issue real fast! Plus this time we got a free upgrade to a nice loft!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAI S

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for my 30th birthday using a travelzoo deal. When I got to my room it was filthy. Im attaching pictures. The desk n chair was dusty and had crumbs. The refrigerator needed to be defrosted and replaced because it was broken up inside. The sheets had stains on them and hair. I called the front desk about the sheets and a nice housekeeper changed them. I noticed stains on the new one and she said its clean thats just how the sheets are. I then went to take a shower and while in there seen hair all over the wall and floor in the back. I called room service again to get it cleaned. Someone came and cleaned it and I told her about our frig she said ok. I went back into look at the shower and the hair was still on the wall. I ended up just cleaning the shower myself which is wrong to have to clean someone elses hair out a shower. Also noone in the three day stay ever came to fix the refrigerator so nothing in our frigerator got cold. Other than the filth the hotel is in a great location. All the staff were super super nice. I can't say I had a bad stay I didn't it was just not clean.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank kitchenista
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest , Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we do appreciate your positive feedback about our staff and the hotel. We have replaced the broken fridge and shared your review with housekeeping department to correct the issues. Please let me know next time you visit South Beach because i would like to take care personally and assist you during your stay.

Thanks again
Luigi T
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is 5min from the beach Awesome location I stay 3day most the staff were great free shuttle to the airport and it was a good breakfast and a great happy hour which also was free for one hour I would definitely come back to the hotel for my next vacation

Room Tip: First floor facing the pool area

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was awesome! I was expecting a run down, old, small, and dirty hotel according to reviews I read but it was none of the above. Most of the staff were great and the lobby is so modern and chic. My room which had double beds was spacious and clean. The bathroom was huge and we even had a balcony. I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay here again! The only reason why I gave Clinton Hotel 4 stars is because I was charged twice for the first nights stay. Still waiting for my refund.

1 Thank Gee713
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest , Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we do appreciate your positive feedback . Please email me your contact information in order to resolve the double charge issue.

Best Regards
ltasellari@clintonsouthbeach.com
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I completely loved the location I couldnt ask for anything more! Me and my boyfriend stayed for 3 days and we ran into a little delay but thankfully the employees were super nice! Especially a young lady named Chantale she was so sweet and awesome and even though I could tell she was new she was such a great help and kept apologizing for the delay...after everything was figured out i enjoyed my stay it was super fun!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DSimp561

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014

For the price, the hotel is what I expected. It isn't the most modern but the location is perfect and for someone on a budget thats more important. Two short blocks from the beach and Ocean Drive, on Collins Ave and near most attractions (need a scooter/cab ride to get to Liv)

We tried the complimentary breakfast one morning, average meal (scrambled eggs and potatoes) and the happy hour a couple of nights before heading out which was also fine. They provide beach towels if you need. There is also free shuttle service to and from the airport so long as you give the front desk notice the day before. ( Saves you $33 each trip)

I recommend for anyone traveling to Miami on a budget

2 Thank Voula G