As we drove up our first sign of disgust to hell Was a dingy Tropics sign. There were cigarette butts on the entry carpet & several people drinking beer in the shabby lobby. While the desk host was ok, when he handed me a dinosaur key, tv remote & charged me $20 for it, I knew there would be problems. As we entered the 2 person elevator with 4 pieces of luggage - REALLY! I stumbled over the dirty pink carpet. Walking down the hallway of doom to my room, I dreaded what I would see on the opposite side of the door. We could not believe the sight! Smelly old carpet, an ancient bathroom that looked as if it belong to my great great grandma on a plantation. There was only 1 outlet in the room & 1 washcloth in the bathroom for 2 people. The bedspread had stains on it & I could only imagine what was underneath on the sheets. I could hear peopple talking clearly next door and in the dark & gloomy hallways. I also heard every step that was taken above my head. At that point we immediately left this dump with no place to go. We checked in at 12:30am & we were out by 1:00am! Never in my life have I ever nor would I ever pay to sleep in those conditions! After calling around, we checked into a downtown class act hotel. The price could not make up for the poor quality. The location could not camoflague the despicable horrific conditions at Tropics!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the center of the South Beach Art-Deco- and Nightlife-District, just a few steps from the sandy beach. The Miami Beach Convention Center is in walking distance. Easy to get here from Miami Airport, the express bus #150 stops at the corner. There are 2 different kind of rooms: regular hotel rooms, and shared dormitory-style rooms. Very popular for travelers from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Tropics Hotel & Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropics Hotel And Hostel
- Tropics Hotel Miami Beach
- Tropics Hotel & Hostel Miami Beach, Florida