We stayed in the hotel side of The Tropics, and loved it! Sure the rooms are tacky art deco, the hall ways dim and hot, but it's an incredible value for the location. The hotel has a hostel vibe to it: lots of young people hanging out in the common areas.
My favorite part was the pool, it was huge, warm, well landscaped with lots of lounge chairs and open until midnight! Next to the pool is a communal outdoor kitchen where people hang out (and a friendly hotel cat.) I was pleasantly surprised by the room, too. It was clean, comfortable, had individual AC control, and the lobby wi-fi even reached our room.
This isn't the place to hold your next business meeting, but for young people looking to get away on a budget, I couldn't recommend it more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the center of the South Beach Art-Deco- and Nightlife-District, just a few steps from the sandy beach. The Miami Beach Convention Center is in walking distance. Easy to get here from Miami Airport, the express bus #150 stops at the corner. There are 2 different kind of rooms: regular hotel rooms, and shared dormitory-style rooms. Very popular for travelers from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Tropics Hotel & Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropics Hotel And Hostel
- Tropics Hotel Miami Beach
- Tropics Hotel & Hostel Miami Beach, Florida