I knew this was a low cost hotel when I booked and I was fine with that. The room was basic but nice with plenty of space. There's a very nice pool and the overall vibe is good. HOWEVER, neither the wifi nor the AC worked properly throughout our entire stay. We repeatedly told the staff at the front desk of our problems and they repeatedly seemed annoyed with us and told us there was nothing they could do. So we were left with a very warm room and no internet and just had to deal. It's a shame because otherwise this would be a great budget place to stay in Miami Beach. But when promised amenities aren't working the least you can do is apologize. Beyond that, I'd expect to be offered SOMETHING; a partial refund or a different room would have been great. Instead, they gave me an attitude and acted as if I was bothering them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the center of the South Beach Art-Deco- and Nightlife-District, just a few steps from the sandy beach. The Miami Beach Convention Center is in walking distance. Easy to get here from Miami Airport, the express bus #150 stops at the corner. There are 2 different kind of rooms: regular hotel rooms, and shared dormitory-style rooms. Very popular for travelers from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tropics Hotel & Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropics Hotel Miami Beach
- Tropics Hotel And Hostel
- Tropics Hotel & Hostel Miami Beach, Florida