“Cool Room, Nice Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #119 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Houston, Texas
“Cool Room, Nice Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at the Delores for 1 night (June 17) with my wife and 11 year old son in a double queen suite which was ideal for our small family. Our room was room # 2 (first room on left when you enter hotel),which has a window facing the street with the front desk/lobby area just outside the door. It worked well for us and made for a good one nighter.
Two separate rooms with 1 bathroom(large shower) separating the rooms, both with (32"?) flat screen TVs w/Direct TV remotes, cool rock memorabilia on the bedroom walls( The WHO, Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors,etc ), a safe, a kitchen area. We put our son in the back bedroom and discovered we could (temporarily) lock his bathroom door from inside and not worry he would walk in on us which afforded us some privacy. If you are travelling with 2 couples there is only one bathroom and you would have to pass through the front bedroom and bathroom to get to 2nd bedroom. So deal with it or pony up and get 2 separate rooms.

We loved the place. Beds were extremely comfortable, nice white linens which were very clean. Tile floor throughout unit and kitchen area, bathroom were recently updated ( granite counter top in small kitchen area with sink, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker). Yeah there were people hanging out til 3AM right outside our window in the front bedroom so I simply closed the blinds and kept my wife up later than usual. I couldn't sleep with noise after 1AM so figured if can't beat 'em join 'em, grabbed a cold drink from fridge, left my room, hung out in lobby for a bit, watched World Cup highlights, sat outside and checked out all the people walking by after leaving the clubs. What a scene...
We hit breakfast around 8 o'clock in the hallway/ corridor down from our room and coffee was great along with pastries, etc. It was fine.
Keep in mind that if you have a rental car there is NO FREE PARKING in SOBE, so be prepared to pay $20/day at nearest public parking garage 1 1/2blocks away ($1/hour up to 15 hours). The cheapest one is $16/day( 2 blocks away)but is usually full by afternoon check-in time.
I'd recommend the Delores to anyone visiting SOBE area, especially if you're budget-minded.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Amherst, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had a great weekend here. The room was clean and nice although it was a little small. The staff was very friendly and willing to help you get what you want. When I checked in I did think that I had already paid for the resort fee in my payment online, so that was a little confusing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Checked in. I booked and paid online, but I had to sign a bunch of paperwork that took what seemed like forever. You have to pay for parking two blocks away. It was almost $2 per hour and you can only pay in 10 hour increments. So be mindful of the time. The room was clean. On their website, they stated that you can have two twin beds instead of one king. So after booking I called to request that and apparently they had new ownership from the day prior who wouldn't allow that. But I argued that because it was on their website, they should honor it. The website is no longer up and is under construction. There was no space to put any toiletries in the bathroom. But had a nice size closet where the safe was located. There is a weird kitchenette-ish type area with a long counter, two sinks, and a mini-fridge. But be careful as it is elevated and every time I walked up to it, I tripped because that little elevated step (about 3 inches) got me every time. The adjustments didn't work on the air conditioner so when we got too cold in the middle of the night, I had to stand on the bed in a sleepy daze and balance and stretch high enough to unplug it. It was the cheapest place on South Beach. So, I guess you get what you pay for. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Be careful of the weird step on your way to the kitchenette type counter. Make sure the air conditi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brandy D
Weston, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Location is super convenient but price I paid did not match what I got. Floors were still dirty, the shower took forever to get hot, as well as no pressure. Size of tv was small for a suite room and the channel button on the remote for one of the tvs was not working.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Whole Staff at Delores Hotel & Suites are friendly, honest, attentive, and prompt. At my day job, I deal with the public 5 days a week and I know how challenging it can be to deal with the citizens of this world. The Delores Hotel from my experience, (2nd) year in the row, deals with that challenge very well.

My room was clean, when I invited female friends over they felt comfortable. Clean linen, quality bath products, hot shower water, cold adjustable A/C, No nasty situations. No health hazards, No bugs, No unsanitary issues, and No low-hygiene concerns.

Karina, is a Great Front Desk person (2nd year in row) - "She keeps her word." She is the reason I will continue to book at the Delores for future South Beach Stays.

I was treated like a King and a celebrity.

Fred B. (Dance SouL-Jah)

Room Tip: They seem to be all good - I hear renovations are forthwith - and the rooms will be even better.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Frederick B B
WDC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel was a hole in the wall! After checking in the sheets were dirty and so were the towels. I complained numerous times and was told my room would be changed it was never changed, no hot water the first night or even a faucet on the tub for that matter! The service was passed mediocre at best with the staff not speaking English! The pictures are very touch up! People sleeping in hallways outside of the rooms (majority safety concern) this hotel is worth $49 a night at it best! Did I mention the system is not even conputerized they check you in manually with pieces of paper?!? I forgot to mention no clean linen and even after I complained about the linen they left the same stuff on the bed!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Tia13

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Chose The Delores based on location and price, and did not have high expectations. The room was in good shape and well serviced, staff all friendly.

As noted by others the ‘continental’ breakfast is barely that. Internet was down for the entire 3 day stay.

The staff shared that there is new ownership of this property and they will be making improvements.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo