“Beautiful and Luxurious”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kissimmee, Florida, Usa
“Beautiful and Luxurious”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed at. The accommodations are very nice with a pool and hot tub opened 24 hours a day. The internet that is provided for free is acceptable if you're on a business trip. I had no issues using Citrix to get into my work computer and unless you have a need to giant downloads, etc... I do not recommend paying for the upgraded connection. The only downside of the free service is that only 4 devices per room are allowed. In my case I had three connections: my computer, my phone, and my tablet.

The staff is very friendly and patient. I only had one issue with the reservation, which was quickly resolved. I do admit that the complexity of my reservation was probably the route cause.

The palm tree covered walkway to the pool, and then to the beach, has a truly tropical feel. They also have a few water stations out at the pool, so there's no need to bring your own beverage. Make sure you have your key to go to the pool and/or to enter/exit the path to the beach. Employees do check for room keys to ensure no one is sneaking in, and the gate for the beach can only be opened via your room key.

The only downside I could see for anyone considering staying here: If you are a gym bunny, be prepared to pay $10 a day extra for the gym. Personally, I prefer free internet over free gym access.

The valet service is exceptional and when retrieving your car to either go on a day trip,

The only issue I had, especially for the price being paid, the coffee cups were not fully clean. It seemed as though they were only "rinsed" by housekeeping as one of the two cups had coffee marks at the bottom. (Great selection of coffee, but if you like a certain type of coffee that is sold in K-Cups, bring them with you).

Room Tip: I personally enjoyed the balcony room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Vincent N, What a great review! Thank you so much for your feedback during your recent stay. We pride ourselves on doing whatever we can to ensure all of our guests feel attended to, engaged, accommodated and satisfied from the moment they arrive to the second they leave. It seems you were able to experience this genuine Loews hospitality and for that we are grateful. We are so glad that we were able to contribute to an amazing vacation. Thank you for your kind and detailed review of our "beautiful and Luxurious" property, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014

As a business traveler Loews always goes above and beyond to make sure my stay is a pleasurable experience, from front desk check in, to flexibility in getting you the proper room ( I prefer balconies and fresh air when I am not in some window only hotel ) Loews always delivers with a warm attitude.
The staff is very accommodating and everyone greets you with a smile.
Always enjoy a stay at The Loews !

Room Tip: Balcony rooms with both city and ocean views are available to choose from. I usually go for city vie...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear ed g, Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.

While you were here primarily on business, we are glad to know that you had a pleasurebale experience. At Loews we work to truly go above and beyond to create a warm, welcoming, and satisfying experience. We pride ourselves in having some of the best team members around here at Loews Miami Beach, and we are glad to know that you experienced just that. We would like to thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon for business or pleasure!
New York, USA
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked a luxury room but asked to move as it was small with no view and on a low floor.

We upgraded to a luxury room which was larger, on a higher floor with a side view of the beach and pool and the city on the opposite side.

The room was large enough for 3 and the bathroom was pleasant. However I was disappointed that it had a large shower instead of a tub.

They told us it can also be used for people with handicaps; that is why it had no tub.

The heated pool was pleasant and so was the beach. However on the beach you have to pay for a chair and umbrella.

I decided not to get into the ocean as there was paper and bottle tops.

We had a very pleasant lunch by the pool. However beware they charge an automatic 20% gratuity, And on the first day I was not told and given a receipt copy to sign where it was not mentioned.

The following day the waiters always advised the guests of this fact.

Breakfast was pleasant outside and the croissants were great.

The location is fab, fab, fabulous. the best on South Beach. The Lincoln Road with all the shops and outside restaurants is close by and so is Ocean Drive with outside restaurants.

We had a lovely dinner at Osteria del Teatro; very good Osso Buco and Risotto. All 4 of us were happy. We also had dinner at the Sole; Versacci's home. It was an experience.

I can strongly recommend the hotel but it's worth paying more for a Premium room. The view from the balcony was beautiful.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Premium room with a view of the ocean (side view) and balcony. If you like a bath yo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear semsemsemsem, We thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us about your recent stay. While we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience for the most part, you did express concern about the charges for chairs and an umbrella at the beach. While that area is considered public, the reserved area where we have seating for the hotel is strictly for Loews guests only. Boucher Brothers, which is the company that mans the entire beach and all of the seating as well which is the reason why there is a charge. They are not directly employed by Loews, however they do offer Loews guests a discounted rate on their services. Regardless, we do appreciate the feedback as it provides us with insight into the guest experience and allows us to look for ways to better their stay in the future. We thank you for your time and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at the Loews Miami Beach recently for my bachelorette party. I am so glad we chose to stay there. Everyone at the hotel was willing to go the extra mile to take care of all my needs. I can't remember a time when I had better service at a hotel. The hotel itself is beautiful and it is located in such a great area. Our room had an amazing view of the beach and pool. I can't wait to go back!

Dear Estefank,
We are so thrilled that you and your grilfriends had a fantastic bachelorette getaway experience at our hotel. Your feedback and kind words are what keep us forward focused towards seeking perfection. We want all guests to enjoy their time, feel welcome throughout their stay, and simply relax and enjoy all that Loews and South Beach have to offer .Your group was able to enjoy most of the fine amenities of our hotel along with all that South Beach has to offer. We are glad to hear you were satisfied with your overall stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again soon. Wishing you the best on your upcoming nuptials!
Toronto
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Three of us stayed one night on May 19th… and we shared the 'Deluxe Terrace Suite'. I had 17 hotels to choose from, and I am REALLY glad I chose Loews! My reservation agent Maureen, certainly helped me make the decision when I called to speak with them. We arrived very early off of a cruise, and Marlo at the front desk made us feel so welcome and relaxed. Our room was not quite ready (check in is 4pm), so she gave us pool keys and encouraged us to use the facilities. Our bags were going to be kept secure, so we happily prepared to enjoy the spectacular surroundings. Within minutes my cell phone rang to inform us our room was ready! This was an unexpected pleasure! The room was gorgeous and huge! We also had a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and some cheese and crackers to make us feel even more welcome. The hand written card from Marlo really made our day. I have travelled all over the world, and this was a first! Way to go Loews! We gathered our pool stuff and quickly headed to the private cabana rental area called "Soak". If you have the opportunity to treat yourself…this is the way to do it! Roof top deck over an air-conditioned, fully stocked, luxurious, cabana…check out the photos to really appreciate how fabulous it is. Amber was our concierge for the day, and her service was outstanding! The location can't be beat, and we enjoyed several trips to Lincoln Street, Ocean Drive, and little Havana by walking. I must also mention Jessica at the Splish store… her service was also outstanding, and we shared many laughs! We also appreciated Jackie at the front desk when we checked out… she made us feel like we were leaving an old friend. My review would not be complete if I did not include the gentlemen/ladies at the door. They greeted us upon arrival when we got out of the cab, and they were the last smiling faces we saw as they put us back in a cab upon departure.
I am very enthusiastically recommending Loews Hotel, and I can't wait to plan my next vacation with them.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Terrace Suite is very large, and it includes a connecting one bedroom suite, so it is per...
Dear Laurie745,
Thank you for taking a moment from your day to write a review of our hotel and share your recent experience with us.

Our team is exceptional and highly-trained with the guest in mind, so it does not come as a surprise to me when you mention how polite and nice they were. It is feedback like yours that provides us with the drive to keep giving our guests the best quality service and attention possible, while looking for new ways to delight and enhance their experience. We appreciate your feedback of the hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the property, its close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer, our staff and the general warmth and quality service that is standard at the Loews. We feel our employees best represent what it is we offer at our hotel, that is a four-diamond and MORE attitude towards exceeding guest expectations. We are glad to know that you were able to experience all of that. Thank you again for your kind and detailed review. We look forward to "Exceeding your expectations" again soon!
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

That was my first stay at this property, and the second in Miami. It was so much enjoyable thanks to the professional staff. The rooms so clean, large and so luxuries. Nice view to the ocean and very close to major attraction.

Room Tip: Go for Ocean front rooms
1 Thank TariqShalfan
Dear TariqSha,
We appreciate you taking to review your recent stay at Loews Miami Beach Hotel. At Loews Miami you receive a four diamond AND MORE experience from the moment you arrive to the time you leave. We base our hotel values on providing guests with the utmost comfortable and welcoming experience possible, we are elated to know that you were able to experience just that. We are also glad to know that your minor issue with random doorbells was rapidly resolved. Overall, it sounds like you were able to experience true Loews hospitality right in the heart of South Beach. We thank you for your review and we hope you revisit us soon!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here for four nights on a three week vaction to the states and LOVED it. The staff at reception were very friendly, and were happy to help us out with a map and some must-see places and restaurants. We had a partial ocean view room but the view was still amazing. As our room was right next to elevators we would sometimes have kids ring our doorbell and run away, but we reported this to the front desk and they had upgraded us to an ocean view room within the hour (certainly didn't expect that). We went to see a basketball game while we were there and had no issues getting a cab to the game. We also bought tickets for the city loop bus line which was fantastic as it allowed for us to get on and off as we pleased and gave us the opportunity to see a lot while we were there. The poolside cafe was great for a relaxing afternoon cockatail and snack. The hotel had direct access to beach and it was an all round plesure to stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple